My Friend Took My Game

^She said the following:

"?, I'm sorry for messing with ur town. I wanted to test hacks on ur game since ur town isn't fully developed like mine. After playing around, I decided to swap out villagers for ones that are popular on the bell tree site you're on from time to time. I have a copy of ur garden save file. I'll email u it and u can figure it out. (she explains hacking here, which isn't allowed in the forums, and has been cut out. Not that u'd want to hack but if u do, it's there."

I am in no way saying I am promoting hacking or anything in anyway. I am saying she suggested it after being confronted about it, and about why she would do that. (I didn't confront her, my *other* friend did, after visiting my desert wasteland)

- - - Post Merge - - -

While I did work hard (so much time breeding hybrids, lol), I feel having a blank canvas isn't the worst thing ever. The villagers will come and go (thank goodness she didn't replace ALL of them), and flowers can be re-bred, or bought.

I realise resetting would be best, but I want to see what, if anything, I can do before deleting all progress (museum-/encyclopedia-, catalogue- and badge-wise).

No need to be sorry, and thank you!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Her town is incredibly hacked (won't go into details, but yes, it was).

She said she wanted to play around with the editor but not at the expense of her save file.

Off topic but, it's only 20$ for you? It's like 30$ here (Yes, I know a 10$ difference isn't much, but still)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yea, there's no permanent damage (no plants or random items in the water, nothing out of reach, etc).

I'm currently in the process of building pwps, and time travelling (not ideal, but it's what I decided to do).

Thank you so much! ^-^ (Sorry this message is so choppy, I'm just sleepy xD)

- - - Post Merge - - -

She's like, 19-ish.

Yea, that's going to be the last time I play NL with her, or even leave my DS alone when getting food or something.

- - - Post Merge - - -

On the bright side...

I was really struggling to find things to do with or for my town in terms of landscaping and PWP placement. Having the ponds removed (by her), rocks moved out of the way, and all flowers (lo rip ;-; ), trees, and patterns taken out, I have been given the chance to redo everything. So far, I've added white carnations as temporary paths (work in progress; I bred a ton of carnations because I was going to use them to decorate the town in a different way)

While the town still doesn't have a theme, it does give me the opportunity to find one, or to convert it into a colour- or flower-town. OI'm not saying I'm happy about this, but I'm not super super angry either. Can't stay mad forever c:

You are really sweet and forgiving hun and i kinda didn't see all this i hope she does give you back your town save file because honestly it was just not right of her to do this to you. I'd even go as far to say that she is a disgusting "friend". Very selfish, a user and manipulator. She should of asked. She should of researched. And i'm pretty sure she lied to you multiple times. First saying she didn't have the save now she does. Second using yours as basically an experiment yet she has a hacked town and don't tell me she doesn't know how to back up. I'd still dump her while i could, get the heck out of that relationship.

Also, I really wish people wouldn't shame other people hacking though, not all of us are like this.

- - - Post Merge - - -

1. To be fair, you planted the trees and waited and put them in possibly specific places, so makes sense. (Off topic-ish, I updated my DS and do know how to use the editor; I am not saying I am going to use it. Just saying I know how to use it if I wanted to. Yes I know I state this every time, I just don't want to get in trouble by moderators.

2. I know there is no way to get the original, un-hacked save file of my town. On the bright side, it is dream-able until I update it.

She took the literal cartridge and SD card (this wasn't stated earlier, but yes, she took the SD card as well)

To better explain, the time before this, she had added software to my 2DS, and I never really paid attention to it, and that is how it was possible for her to change the maps and have it load in my system. She went through, and imported the save, etc.) so when I loaded it, the new map would be uploaded to the game.

So that does mean your ds is hacked or CFW. That means you can save your file and you can find someone you trust to help you try and recreate it a lot faster. Or not i also saw you do know how. I wouldnt of updated it...sometimes that could of lead to bricking you are very lucky. Also discussing hacking is fine like "I hack" "I have a hacked town" what is not fine is discussing how to hack or teaching people how to hack. Try not to feel too anxious about it.

You are really sweet and forgiving hun and i kinda didn't see all this i hope she does give you back your town save file because honestly it was just not right of her to do this to you. I'd even go as far to say that she is a disgusting "friend". Very selfish, a user and manipulator. She should of asked. She should of researched. And i'm pretty sure she lied to you multiple times. First saying she didn't have the save now she does. Second using yours as basically an experiment yet she has a hacked town and don't tell me she doesn't know how to back up. I'd still dump her while i could, get the heck out of that relationship.

Also, I really wish people wouldn't shame other people hacking though, not all of us are like this.

No worries about not seeing it, it's all good! The best I could do is revive the save file I have on my card and work form there (if I decide to). Yea, I don't think she wouldn't, not make a backup of her town; probably got lazy with mine.

I'm not saying I'm being shamed, I'm saying I don't want mods after me again, or saying I'm hacking and selling, when I'm not.

(If I were to sell flowers or some Saharah, Gracie, or RV item later on, they could look back at these posts and think they were hacked or something)

Last edited:
No worries about not seeing it, it's all good! The best I could do is revive the save file I have on my card and work form there (if I decide to). Yea, I don't think she wouldn't, not make a backup of her town; probably got lazy with mine.

I'm not saying I'm being shamed, I'm saying I don't want mods after me again, or saying I'm hacking and selling, when I'm not.

(If I were to sell flowers later on, they could look back at these posts and thing they were hacked or something)

Again to discus or say you hack is fine what is not is teaching others to hack. That is what i've been told anyway.

and the shaming well i just feel like people are. I know people like her make us look bad but i know people that use it for good and to help people...and i maybe talking about myself lol

Step one to getting your town back.

1. Buy a hammer at your local hardware store. Or borrow one.
2. Go to your friends house and repeatedly hit their DS with the hammer
3. Drop hammer on floor (mic drop) and exit like a boss.

Again to discus or say you hack is fine what is not is teaching others to hack. That is what i've been told anyway.

and the shaming well i just feel like people are. I know people like her make us look bad but i know people that use it for good and to help people...and i maybe talking about myself lol

Maybe, but considering I got an infraction (duplicate accounts; because a friend-that one-made a TBT account using my laptop,) makes me want to be extra cautious c:

- - - Post Merge - - -

xD this was wonderful

Maybe, but considering I got an infraction (duplicate accounts; because a friend-that one-made a TBT account using my laptop,) makes me want to be extra cautious c:

Quote:
You can't talk about how to hack, or for items that can only be acquired by hacking. Discussing about hacking in general like this is fine.

from this thread, page 2:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?428601-Opinions-on-Hacked-Towns/page2

Just in case and i feel ya no worries, i'm kinda the same (that quote was a reply to me lol).

Either way i wish you all the best of luck!

- - - Post Merge - - -

You are awesome! I had a evil giggle at this >:3

Laughter is the best medicine. Anyway, like I said before just ask me or any of the good folk in TBT if you need any assistance. I don't anything extremely super though I can give bells and other stuff.

Laughter is the best medicine. Anyway, like I said before just ask me or any of the good folk in TBT if you need any assistance. I don't anything extremely super though I can give bells and other stuff.

Thank you so much!

And I would never ask for bells or stuff; unless I were buying it from you or you would get something in return.

As far as flowers go, I have a few in storage, and I'm going to breed them until I have enough c:

Oh I do have a ton of hybrids to! Probably a little too many black roses at the moment lol. What kind of hybrids did you lose?

More like smash their skull with the hammer. And then poke a needle on their butt.

Oh I do have a ton of hybrids to! Probably a little too many black roses at the moment lol. What kind of hybrids did you lose?

I had each pansy, rose, tulip, carnation (and violet) hybrid (if you visit/have visited the DA you'll see the tulips (all other flowers were just put away) c:

*I had a field of just black roses at one point xD

Last edited:
Um, what? If my friend did that, I'd dump their ass. If a person can't respect one of my most precious possessions, they don't deserve my friendship.

She took your cartridge out? Your friend seems dishonest. I would not trust her with your belongings anymore. You might want to talk this out with your friend and see if there was an underlying cause of this, or was it just spontaneous? Maybe you can ask her to change it back, or a different friend you trust more to change it back. I am sorry that this happened to you. Your friend does not seem like a very good friend for you. :(

She took your cartridge out? Your friend seems dishonest. I would not trust her with your belongings anymore. You might want to talk this out with your friend and see if there was an underlying cause of this, or was it just spontaneous? Maybe you can ask her to change it back, or a different friend you trust more to change it back. I am sorry that this happened to you. Your friend does not seem like a very good friend for you. :(

She took the SD and game cartridge out, hacked the map (did not keep a backup save file) so I cannot restore the original version of the town.

If you have a Dream Address for me to visit, I can offer re-creating your town to its original state.

I'm extremely sorry that happened to you and second what everyone else has said - this person is untrustworthy and inconsiderate. If she really did what you say, there is no guessing what else she's capable of in the future

END THAT FRIENDSHIP. no just kidding but that was really messed up of her to not get your permission on anything before completely destroying your town. And its a shame since you have worked so hard on it :(

If you have a Dream Address for me to visit, I can offer re-creating your town to its original state.

I'm extremely sorry that happened to you and second what everyone else has said - this person is untrustworthy and inconsiderate. If she really did what you say, there is no guessing what else she's capable of in the future

Thank you so much for offering but really, it's okay.

I'm rebuilding using the many, many carnations and hydrangeas I have, and am moving PWPs around.

Yeah, I'd end the friendship too. Like your messed up town aside, it seems like she has poor boundaries. Best to not have someone like that in your life imo

Back