• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you ever think up an idea for a town...

molas

*cpt falcon voice* whoops
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
And you like it so much you briefly consider resetting your still a WIP town to do it?

Yeah. I thought I had a second copy somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm looking at rerouting my town though to see if I can do this, though.

I usually redesign my paths, grow some flowers and stick with my town. Because you never know what you'll miss out on in your current town. For example, I wanted to reset then the amazing Stitches plotted a section of land :D

Yes, constantly. My main town is a forest town so I don't want my second one to be a forest as well, but then I had the idea for an Over the Garden Wall themed town and I REALLY wanted to make it into an autumnal forest to follow the theme :c

I decided against it though, so now I guess I'm going for a colorful, fairytale sort of vibe. Always finding different ideas that I want to try though... I can't pick just one so for now Petaluma is mostly themeless haha

Last edited:
All the time... To the point where I now have three copies of the game. I'm about to reset one of my towns until I get further along with my other two, because trying to build up 3 at once is a bit of a hassle lol.

I think 3 copies is good for me, though. The three town themes i keep going back to are:

1. Fairytale/night themed town.
2. A forest themed town.
3. A classic sort of town, using pwp's that wouldn't suit the other two; police station, cafe, etc.

I try to keep myself from thinking too much about different themes though lol.

Yup, that's exactly why I restarted my first town. I regret it a lot though, but it was worth it in the end. My new town is doing a lot better.

Yes, constantly. My main town is a forest town so I don't want my second one to be a forest as well, but then I had the idea for an Over the Garden Wall themed town and I REALLY wanted to make it into an autumnal forest to follow the theme :c

I decided against it though, so now I guess I'm going for a colorful, fairytale sort of vibe. Always finding different ideas that I want to try though... I can't pick just one so for now Petaluma is mostly themeless haha

Ohh hey! I'm making my second town, Lullaby, Over the Garden Wall inspired. Not based on it exactly, because obv Unknown would have been a better town name. haha.

Yesss. I named my main town "Nebula", and planned to make it look kind of like a modern city or something. But then I started putting paths out, and now the lower half is definitely going to look like a forest village. Oh well, whoops.

Yesss. I named my main town "Nebula", and planned to make it look kind of like a modern city or something. But then I started putting paths out, and now the lower half is definitely going to look like a forest village. Oh well, whoops.
Don't feel bad, like a quarter of my town is all forest even though it's mostly modern.

Yes, these are my current plans for my towns:
Belfiore- extremely colorful forest set it the cherry blossom season lots of hybrids, fruit, and colorful flowers, it has a subtropical climate
Pinecone- Autumn forest with lots of mushrooms, clovers, and Autumn colored flowers maybe with dirt paths in the very red season of November 18-25, temperate climate
Nahele- will probably reset and make a late winter/early spring forest with lots of mushrooms and clovers maybe dirt paths and lots of white flowers, temperate climate, I don't know what I'll name it though.

I want to make a dreary creepy town, but I'm not going to reset my other town for it. I'll just buy another game, as it's only $20 now.

Back