Old Eggs
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Red Lily
Yellow Lily
White Lily
Cool Feather
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
Pear (Fruit)
Does anyone have any funny stories or anything about the times they've mentioned Animal Crossing to someone in real life? It can be quite funny to talk about being the only human in a town of talking animals, especially if the other person has no idea what you're talking about! I have a funny story.

So last night I managed to get Rocket to finally, FINALLY say she wanted to move out so immediately began browsing the forums for her replacement (was either going to get Gayle or Sly, the order didn't matter too much, just wanted one to go in the spot) and my boyfriend comes in and asks what I'm doing, so I reply "villager shopping" and he pauses for a moment and asks if I mean I'm buying slaves. After I explain to him the concept of buying and selling villagers in AC:NL, I end up blathering about who I was going to buy, and then my favourite villagers in general (I get sidetracked and ramble really easily, my boyfriend says it's cute but I could probably give Blathers a run for his money and he's not cute, he's annoying) and after talking about Gayle and my three penguin "sisters" (Friga, Flo and Aurora), I move on to mention the other dreamie I have obtained, which is Del. Now Del is a cranky and sometimes when I talk to him he refers to himself as 'papa' (saying things like "Tell papa what's up", etc.) and papa is a thing you call your dad, as is daddy (however the internet has ruined that word) so when I said how much I like Del I said "Gotta love me some Daddy Croc" and I have never seen my boyfriend look more scared and confused in my life.

Whenever I mention Animal Crossing to someone irl, they just laugh or tell me to grow up. Great environment, right? :/

Ah that stinks :/ people can be so mean but thats why we have this community where we all understand the obsession with Animal Crossing ��

One time at our youth class, my sister was talking about how she got bitten by a tarantula and woke up in front of her house... but she didn't mention right away that it was in Animal Crossing, so everyone was confused for a little bit there XD

Whenever I mention Animal Crossing to someone irl, they just laugh or tell me to grow up. Great environment, right? :/

Wouldn't be surprised if those kinds of people play COD non-stop and watch clickbaity YouTube videos. I just absolutely hate it when someone see's something from a game, notices how bright and colourful it is then dismisses it as a "babies game." Did they not even read the darn age rating? It's E for EVERYONE / 3+, not eC or 2-!! Just because a game is bright and colourful does NOT mean it's for babies. Half of the time, the games age rating is usually incorrect as well. The GCN game and Wild World (maybe even City Folk) should've been rated E 10+ / PEGI 7+ due to some of the dialog in those games. The virtual console version of Super Mario 64 DS was rated PEGI 12+ for some reason despite the game not having anything unsuitable for children. Since that was a DS VC game on the Wii U, I assume Wild World was also re-rated 12+. Don't even get me started on people who say it's a furry game just because it has animals, which it isn't. That's like saying Red Dead Redemption or GTA V is a furry game just for having animals.

I don't like mentioning stuff I like in public. It just feels cringey and embarrassing. Though I have met a few people where I live who play Animal Crossing. Haven't had any weird stories when mentioning Animal Crossing to anybody though.

Yeah, it's hard to find someone you know in real life who won't judge you for playing a game mainly targetedat kids, it sucks when they say something mean about it. People shouldn't judge you for doing something you enjoy, especially when it's just a peaceful simple game when some of them could be doing something much worse for enjoymet, like hardcore drugs or something.

when i was younger i would tell my friends about how i would dig holes around the plaza and trap my villagers inside for whatever reason and that was kinda weird. it's less strange now since a lot of my friends have played, are playing animal crossing, or at least know of it so most of the concepts aren't that weird.

I mostly only mention AC IRL to people who ask where / how I met my partner, I then proceed to tell them it was through Animal Crossing / an Animal Crossing forum and some people tend to have surprised reactions

i mentioned animal crossing to a friend from school and she sent me a really cursed image from her town
aIpKWhRkQbahHpullnJnhQ.png

I've tried to explain Animal Crossing to two classmates in real life. Neither one seemed to understand it and both teased me about it later. For one of them, all they took away from my explanation of Wild World was that it was "a cab game" (probably shouldn't have mentioned Kapp'n in retrospect), and the other told me days later that she "couldn't figure out how to sign up" (I'm pretty sure I told her it was a DS game but I guess she forgot). So since then I've given up trying to explain AC to people because I am apparently really bad at it.

Ahhhh, kind of funny now but not really funny at the time:

My boyfriend and I haven't really been close for months as he has been spending time with his family over the summer.
He decided to pop up to me around 9:30, just as I had finished eating dinner and asked how I was doing, and what I was doing, slightly distracted I answered: "Just waiting on Erik to come over, he's such a babe"
My boyfriend was taken back and got slightly upset at me, he assumed I was calling over another guy at such a late time. I then had to explain that I was invited over an 'animal crossing character.'
He called me cute, and we had a laugh about it, but now I' sure to specify what I'm actually doing haha

AC IRL was a reality for me last week. I was up in the mountains of Arizona and it was a IRL bug hunt.

My best find was a hercules beetle. We had three that night:
medium.jpeg

Last edited:
I haven't had any negative remarks when I've brought up ACNL before. If anything I've had people either interested in knowing what it is or even telling me they played too. Like at a petco, I was watching the geckos and somehow one employee was helping me and another showed up for something, she saw my bracelet with the Pok?mon charms and then she commented and said she loved it, the other girl told her it made her think of animal crossing and we all busted it laughing about how much we love that game.

Back