• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Should I tt in my new game file?

CrumbyTheNarwhal

Bells
Switch
1012-4577-4526
I recently bought a third game file which I plan to make a cosy forestry campsite retreat sort of place.
In my previous two game files, I have NEVER Time travelled as in my main 1st town, I wanted to play "properly" and to its fullest extent. My second town I use mainly for villager cycling, hybrid breeding and for storage on items that I may want in the future and because of the flowers thats why I don't Time travel.
I have nothing against it and thats why I'm contemplating doing it in 3rd copy of the game.
Do you think I should tt and whats the main reasons? I really want to know whats sooo great about doing this first hand, from someone has lots of experience doing it. Is it really worth it and what do you use it for? (if you do)

I'd love to know your thoughts, opinions and experiences! x c:

I prefer to not time travel, but if you were gonna use this as a cycling game of some sort, it might be a good idea.

i don't usually tt- like you, i tt in my cycling side town, and very very rarely in my main town (i've probably only done it once or twice? and nothing too drastic- just a couple hours to get a mail delivery)- so i prefer taking things slowly, but honestly this is up to you! if you want to take things slow for the bittersweet feel of living in town, then don't tt, but if you want to develop it fast and get stuff done and obtain items and shops faster, tt.

i know a lot of people tt because they're impatient about waiting days for a villager to move out / in, or because they're planting things and don't want to wait 3 days to see the results- ultimately, each person has a kinda personalized reason for tt-ing, so if you do decided to tt, make sure you're doing it with a personal goal in mind, not just because you know it will make things move faster. :blush:

good luck with deciding! and have lots of fun with your new town!

I'm gonna buck the trend here and say that you should time travel. You already have a save file that you don't TT on, so I don't see why you should have a second. I mostly TT within the same day to get catalog items delivered to me faster, to enter shops when they're open, etc..

Like other people have said, it's up to you though. I think it'd be nice for you to have a file to time travel on (maybe within a day instead of over multiple days since you have a cycling file already). :)

Hey!
Thanks for all your ideas!
I am now thinking of tt'ing but probably only in my cycling town, (to make things ALOT easier) instead of my new game file.
I really like the idea of time travelling, but I don't want to risk anything in my new game file.
I would have no problem time travelling in my new game file as I already do have a town I can play slowly, (so I think I'd be ok with it), but I just think it be nice to keep it original again, and to replay what I did four years ago.
Thanks for all of your guys help!

Back