Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Love Ball
Zen Easter Egg
Kirby Easter Egg
Zen Easter Egg
so, my wacom intuos 5 has been slowly deprecating over time (first the wired usb port became loose just after my warranty expired, now a few months later & the wireless USB port doesn't get recognized anymore) not to mention while it was working, i had to quite regularly re-download the drivers off wacom's site. ive had it for a few years.
i also have a much smaller wacom bamboo that is about 7-8 years old, it only gets recognized as a mouse so there's no more pen pressure & every stroke i make looks shakey unless super zoomed in.
anyway end of rant

i'm probably be going to get something new within the next month, so i'm just curious what everyone out here likes to use. :)

by tablet i mean a drawing tablet/drawing pad, not a pc tablet/tablet computer.

while i did like my wacom (when it was working) its like they were made to fall apart
if anyone has any models or brands that aren't wacom (intuos) that they personally have used & liked post here:eek:

Thread much needed, my tablet is on its way out aswell! Mine is currently the port where the usb lead connects to the tablet itself which is failing - so I've got it held together with duct tape.

I've got a wacom bamboo splash ctl471
31cxfwkxItL._SX425_.jpg

while i did like my wacom (when it was working) its like they were made to fall apart
if anyone has any models or brands that aren't wacom (intuos) that they personally have used & liked post here:eek:

YES! This totally... every wacom I have owned never lasted more than a year - after which it would start degrading and I'd need to DIY fix it. I'd also love to know some other brands!

Wahh I've had my wacom intuos 3 for 5+ years now (I think) and it hasn't given me any problems other than the occasional lag (which I blame my computer). I don't have a mouse or a trackpad for my imac so I use my tablet for pretty much everything... drawing, browsing, etc. It's my baby.. I've never tried another brand before :eek:

At first I was jealous when my sister got her Wacom intuos Pro (large or medium) but I've always liked using the smaller ones. Mainly because I've worked on a laptop for the past 8 years.

I've had a Wacom bamboo for about 7 years? It lasted until stroke sensitivity started to putt putt away. Then I got the Wacom draw and it's been with me for 4 years.

I never used other brands but I think Huion is a big ol' competitor.

I was on a Wacom bamboo pen and touch for a year or two, but quickly switched to intuos 4 medium and have been on that ever since.... been around 5-6 years I guess (?) never had any problems, I remember the store selling a wireless version too but tech wasn't that advanced yet back then and we were too paranoid to get something without a wire (lol)
I've also worked with intuos 3 medium before, but that's a HUGE gadget that's around the size of an average desktop screen and you can't take the wire apart either (?) so I'm really glad that we have the 4 instead (?Д` );;
if ya know rosuuri on deviantart, she's on a huion tablet! But I've heard that it's got its own disadvantages (e.g. pen stopped responding very quick, you need to change the battery in the pen regularly etc) and all my friends who've been on a different brand have all ultimately switched to Wacom (and like it tons better) so... [insert random blabbering on capitalism and monopoly coughs]
for your old tablet, did you try installing an older version of the drivers by any chance? >->o maybe that'd help it to recover its pen pressure (?)

Ahhh ;_; my intuos did last me about 3 years, but it wasn't until this past year when I started using it pretty regularly (at least twice a week) that issues started coming up, mainly with the USB ports. Also i totally relate to that using tape to keep it in place thing.. .haaaahhh. While I do love them, and literally cried when nothing could get my tablet working again :( I'm just tired of this unluck. I've been looking into Huion now that its been mentioned, but the battery thing sounds tedious. Then again Ive been manually recharging the battery for my intuos because i can't use the wire anymore, the port is just too loose so i have been using it wirelessly,i don't see how charging the battery for the pen is much different. I may be getting a huion, seems cheaper & the pressure sensitivity seems just as efficient (was looking for at least 2048/industrial standard, perfect for my digital media major.)

Last edited:
Ahhh ;_; my intuos did last me about 3 years, but it wasn't until this past year when I started using it pretty regularly (at least twice a week) that issues started coming up, mainly with the USB ports. Also i totally relate to that using tape to keep it in place thing.. .haaaahhh. While I do love them, and literally cried when nothing could get my tablet working again :( I'm just tired of this unluck. I've been looking into Huion now that its been mentioned, but the battery thing sounds tedious. Then again Ive been manually recharging the battery for my intuos because i can't use the wire anymore, the port is just too loose so i have been using it wirelessly,i don't see how charging the battery for the pen is much different. I may be getting a huion, seems cheaper & the pressure sensitivity seems just as efficient (was looking for at least 2048/industrial standard, perfect for my digital media major.)

Aww that sucks. I've had my Intuos3 for 8 years. xD I noticed that one of the pins of the microusb(?) ports was sort of wonky when I had some connection problems, so I took a little pin and carefully aligned it with the rest and that seemed to fix it. :x The surface was getting a lil worn out from years of wear, but I bought a cheap "nibsaver" protector off ebay and applied it over the surface and it's now really smooth. I wish I knew where my old Graphire4 was haha.. I kind of miss that thing. T~T

Last edited:
Back