• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Your Favourite and Least Favourite Pokémon

dedenne

the entire circus
Orange 🍊
Banana 🍌
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
I'm really intrigued to find out TBT's favourite and least favourite Pok?mon.
My favourite is...well...
And my least favourite is Magikarp. At the end of this, I'll see what is the most popular and least popular.:)

My favorite is Dragonite. Least favorite: Emboar, and actually I hate many more, too lazy to list them all. It just came to my mind first.

My absolute favourite is Espeon! After that would probably be Litwick, Volcarona, Banette and then Jirachi in that order.
I find it really hard to outright hate a Pokemon, but I usually dislike ones that are outright ugly when their pre-evolution was promising. So my least favourites would probably be prinplup, (For the reason stated above) Bidoof (I will never forgive it for breaking my pokeradar chain in gen 4) and lickilicky. (Because... Ew)
I actually don't dislike pokemon such as garbodor or vanilluxe as they have concept behind them and they do it well! Sure garbodor is ugly, but that the point of it! So if you argue that garbodor is bad because it is ugly... you're kinda making a fool of yourself.
Overall I don't actually hate any of them, but it is fun to see the reasons why people have come to dislike a certain pokemon.

I have bad dreams about magikarp. Don't ask.
Garbodor fits Unova as New York is litter central.

Last edited:

<- Best Pok?mon

And as for the least... there are quite a lot, but I agree, no love for Emboar...

Last edited:
I can't even pick a favourite pokemon I love too many!

I'll go with one of my favourite legendaries for this thread, Cresselia! So elegant and beautiful <3

As for least favourite, I'm going to go with Caterpie, that thing has always creeped me out and I hate bugs irl so.

Love: Altaria and close behind, Wurmple (booty face hehe)
Dislike: Banette (because of nightmares)

Favourites would be Gengar, Charizard, Misdreavus (those three were all my favourites of all time at one point; currently it's Gengar), Eevee, Goomy, Chespin, Rowlet, Houndoom,Mewtwo, Lugia, Sceptile and Volcarona.

Least favourite that I can think of would be Bronzor and Bronzong.

Last edited:
When it comes to my favorite Pokemon, it's pretty much a tie between Cacturne and Gourgeist.

When I first saw Cacnea, I thought it somewhat resembled a jack-o'-lantern creature, which was only strengthened by seeing that its shiny sprite was orange. That the, in my mind, jack-o'-lantern monster evolved into what resembled a scarecrow was a great design decision as far as I was concerned. As you can probably tell from my name, I'm a fan of the horror genre, and I am also very fond of the season of Autumn. For years, because of my own little eccentric reasoning, I figured Cacturne would be the closest thing to a jack-o'-lantern or anything to do with Halloween that we would see in the Pokemon franchise, so I cherished it.

Imagine my surprise when I found out that we would actually get a pumpkin Pokemon in Pumpkaboo in X & Y. I would have loved that enough on its own, but I am really glad that Pumpkaboo actually evolves into Gourgeist and that Gourgeist literally has a jack-o'-lantern as its base. I was originally a bit turned off and disappointed by the top portion but I came to like it in time.

Neither of them are perfect. They're both horrendously slow (the competitively viable Super Size Gourgeist, anyway), which is especially bad for Cacturne since it also has terrible survivability. Meanwhile, Gourgeist lacks access to Shadow Claw, but I'm a bit less bothered by that now that Z-Moves are a thing. But who cares, nothing in life is perfect, and their existence brings joy to my life. Plus, hey, Gourgeist even has a move called Trick or Treat. That's great.

---

As far as least favorites are concerned, I don't really strongly dislike any single Pokemon. Some of them might be essentially useless competitively, but that's fine by me.

That said, some Pokemon do bug me through no real fault of their own.

I do not understand why Lucario is so popular in the Pokemon community and it sort of feels like it's only popular because of its popularity (as in, some people only say they like it because of its reputation for being cool.) Its design isn't bad, but it's also nothing particularly outstanding. Its typing is neat, but there are many other Fighting types I tend to favor using instead of it.

I'm also kind of annoyed by Pikachu, but not because it is the mascot. I'm more annoyed with it because it constantly overshadows Raichu and even has its own hold item to improve its battling to the point that you might as well not even bother evolving Pikachu into Raichu in the first place. I suppose this gripe is more with Game Freak and the people who worked on that episode of the anime with Lt. Surge. Considering the trend of electric rodents in each new region, Raichu probably would have been better off as its own standalone creature entirely separate from Pikachu, but what's done is done. At least it got some attention in Sun & Moon.

Last edited:
My favorite is Gyarados. I haven't played enough Pokemon to have a least favorite.

All bug-types are my favorites, but Golisopod, Scolipede, and Volcarona hold a special place in my heart.

I honestly can't pick out a least favorite. I like something about every Pokemon!

I love most water types, with Gastrodon, Milotic, and Manaphy being the top 3. There's not really a single water type that I dislike even a little bit.

Least favorites are Stunfisk and Klefki. Stunfisk just looks idiotic and Klefki... it's a pile of keys. I mean most of Gen 6 sucked but Klefki sums it all up pretty well ignore the fact that I have a shiny 6IV Klefki

My favorite one is Typhlosion, because I started playing pokemon with the second gen remake and cyndaquil, along with the evolutions literally stole my heart. Then we have Gengar, Snorlax, Greninja and Lucario. The least favorite is Emboar, sorry Emboar lol

My favorite Pokemon is Jirachi, but you could probably tell by looking at my username.
My least favorites are Binacle, Barbaracle, Durant, Heatmor, and Bruxish. Those are really the only Pokemon I don't like.

omg i cant choose my top favorite. i think mega altaria is my top fav. normal altaria not so much. i just love the fluffiness!

least fav would prob be tauros.

My favourite pokemon is Diancie my least fav is magikarp lol

My favourite legendary is Darkrai, but non-legendary wise... Gallade? Mega Gallade is just amazingingngnggn.

I don't really have a least favourite but I do agree Emboar and Garbador are quite... something. Bastiodon doesn't win me over either.

Back