• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ideas for town?

xXJessXx

Bells
I've started a new town and I literally have no idea what to do with it. I've looked online, i've visited dream towns for inspiration but I can't settle on one theme. There's too many things I want to do and I don't know how to start laying out any paths. What 'themes' could I do?

Something people want is uniqueness. Think of something you don't see too much of. For me that would be a farm style town. The whole town being one huge farm. Could also try an organised jungle, or even what looks like a rundown historical city.
Just some ideas :)

Something people want is uniqueness. Think of something you don't see too much of. For me that would be a farm style town. The whole town being one huge farm. Could also try an organised jungle, or even what looks like a rundown historical city.
Just some ideas :)

They're some good ideas :) Thank you.

They're some good ideas :) Thank you.

No prob, i have a bunch of scrapped ideas. Such as a card based town, a town where each section is strictly one color(might require hacks for that haha), a completely golden town, or(my sister's scrapped idea) a lego town(or just a toy and playful town).

Maybe an African safari themed town? The villagers could be lions, hippos, elephants, monkeys, zebra, etc. You could have a jungle area, open plains and desert area. The player houses can be a lodge, an explorer in a tent, and maybe an animal conservation center.

Another idea is a modern city with the villagers being pairs of pets 2 dogs, cats, birds, bunnies, and hamsters. Have roads with occasional street signs, modern PWPs, and a park. Your mayor could live in a normal house and other characters houses be public buildings like a library, hospital, and a store or restaurant.

You could also just pick something you're a fan of and base your town on that. It could be other games like my towns, or a TV show, movie, book, etc. Mixing in something else you love is a good way of insuring your town becomes something you love and makes it unique.

Personally, I've always wanted to see a Batman-themed town in ACNL. The town would be called Gotham, the flag would be of the bat signal, and the town tune would be the theme song from Batman: The Animated Series. In addition, there would be three houses. One would be Wayne Manor with the Bat Cave in the basement, the second would be Arkham Asylum and would tell the tale of Harley Quinn falling in love with the Joker, and the third house would be the Joker's lair with the main rooms being his nightclub and the top floor being the loft where he lived with Harley. Maybe there would be a murder scene in the basement?
This also works well with the modern city theme that someone else suggested.

Last edited:
Aw these are all great ideas, I love the sound of all of them :] Thank you so much everyone

Back