• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What are your guilty pleasures?

Weiland

Flick Fanboy 🦎💞
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7046-6089-3415

I have a couple. The main one being I like some girly love songs. ;-; I also like girly metal bands like Pierce the Veil lol.

Miku OK she is my wife
Ferrero Rocher chocolates, buffalo wings, and pizza rolls;
Keep these away if you don't want them all gone.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have a couple. The main one being I like some girly love songs. ;-; I also like girly metal bands like Pierce the Veil lol.

Pierce the Veil is badass! Lol

Doing absolutely nothing.
Eating Alfredo sauce like soup (you ask...)
Cream of anything soup.
Sleeping when no one is home.

Pretty much everything that I like or enjoy doing would probably be considered someone's guilty pleasure. Even ACNL itself (I know a bunch of gaming snobs, haha) is probably one. But to start:

1. Alternative fashion (gothic, but I dabble in lolita)
2. Magical girl and shoujo anime
3. Starbucks--I go way too much; not because I think it's the highest quality anything but I just like it
4. Bad, bad movies. Neil Breen is my muse. The Room is, of course, a classic. It has to be a certain kind of bad; unintentional. No Sharknado or Killer Tomatoes for me, thank you. The director/producer/star/writer has to have done his best
5. Roleplaying (mostly online, but I still play tabletop several times a week and have even participated in a couple of LARPS)
6. Cosplay

I am a figurative child and pretty much every annoying-but-harmless kind of person rolled up into one.

TWILIGHT HAHA.

I realize how bad it is, but its just so endearing to me that I can't help but watch it over and over when I feel sad. The cringe keeps me living.

Definitely starbucks..
I'm part of the art scene/community and everyone is a coffee snob and looks down on chain coffee stores - especially Starbucks - but I really like the iced gingerbread / pumpkin spice lattes. It's something I'll never admit to, so definitely a guilty pleasure.

Sleeping when I shouldn't be
I won't admit to it, and will make up other excuses. But I do take out days to just do nothing, and sleep. I think I have hypothyroidism like my mum but every doctor I go to is either an ******* or diagnoses me completely wrong and I just go round in circles no matter what I tell them.

Rihanna / Justin Bieber
My normal music taste is somewhat VERY diverse but even still, I'll never admit that I have owned ALL of their albums. (They're also hiding in my spotify now)

Trisha Paytas
I love to hate her, and hate to love her. She's said a lot of controversial things, and can be an incredible moron a lot of the time but I can't stop watching her videos - there's something about her that.. intrigues me.

There's a lot more but those are the ones I'm willing to admit haha

Donuts are such a bad trigger food for me. Binge watching and re-watching TV is another, super common, one, although none of the shows I watch are especially guilty pleasure material. I used to watch Castle and Criminal Minds and think of them as guilty pleasures, because all suspense/thriller shows feel super cheesy to me.

Otome games (˶‾᷄ ⁻̫ ‾᷅˵)
I've played so many of them over the years & the list will continue to grow lol

I also like to genderbend

opiates, pastries of any kind and the cheesier varieties of power metal music.

Okay I also enjoy "girly metal bands" haha, I keep it a secret that i listen to them because I feel like such a mall goth/wannabe emo, LOL. My boyfriend is a music 'elitist' too so he judges the heck out of everything. I also really corny songs like say "Peach" by the Front Bottoms or that stuff. Which is coincidenntally one of the songs he hates the most by them

Another guilty pleasure is dating sims/otome games. I love seeing all the nice art & cute girls and stuff, i was gifted NekoPara on steam but it's the censored version, so i still went out of my way to buy and play the X-rated version. I also like joke dating sims, I got really into Hatoful Boyfriend & my girlfriend is an alpaca!?! There was one point in high school where I set my relationship status to this one guy from an otome geared to girls. I made him the account and everything, and posted in-character as him! (My friends also did the same, we were all single so it was funny.)

Same with romance anime, or moe anime. I know theyre heavily criticized by anime fans but whatever!!

Last edited:
tbh!:

- really girly music like tori kelly's dear no one- i have a weakness for singer-songwriters who warble about the ins and outs of true love!

- playing too much acnl in one sitting!

- watching tv shows! i BINGE, let me tell you

- popcorn! i'm lucky my guilty pleasure isn't ice cream or cookies, but popcorn, or else i would weigh twice as much, probably! praise the lord for popcorn!

- uMM SHOUJO??? in middle school i read every single possible shoujo manga to exist (even the weird ones... even the weird ones....), and though i don't nearly have as much time anymore, i always love to revisit good ol' kaichou wa maid sama and special a. i saw this RIDICULOUS clip the other day about a shojou (that is kind of crack tbh) where this otaku girl who is really fat but then her favorite main character dies and she gets so emo she doesn't leave her room for 10 days and when she finally does she lost all the weight and all the boys in school fall in love with her- and it's the most ridiculous thing ever but i can't stop watching it through all the secondhand embarrassment bc i genuinely really like the shoujo boys oops . . .... .... . .. help me

- just really bad anime in general i guess! if you're looking for really funny trash animes, i rec sakamoto desu ga- it's a total mess but honestly SO GOOD if you're in a bad mood. like, this guy is the total wonder boy- he can do anything- and, like, everyone falls in love with him and it'S SO RIDICULOUS bc these gangsters get jealous bc he's stealing all the girls so they decide to attack him but then he makes the gangsters fall in love with him too bc he's so pro and UGH at one point a bee comes into the classroom and he whips out his fREAKinG PROTRACTOR and battles with it and everyone in the class just faints omgo gonnfmgfaapjg:
(here is a photo for your reference if you want to see how trash this anime is:)
nEYZ8Oc.jpg

uhh that's it!?? sorry i turned this guilty pleasure post into me just crying over really bad anime :')

I like M&Ms better than Skittles (no hate please)

I listen to Steven Universe music. Especially What's the Use of Feeling Blue. I feel like the television industry has improved a lot since then or they realize that their audience are not little kids anymore and have expanded their horizons.

Back