• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Types Of Players You Meet At Club Tortimer

1. I run into quite a few pieces of work. Back when the WA update just came out, I headed on over to Club Tortimer. Low and behold the first person I run into was some kid who had just came back for the update...and is probably already gone. Anyway they must had checked out my bio and the badges I had.

Then they had a badge peeing contest and how much I sucked because of how little I had. I still had a good amount though and I'm sure they probably hacked theirs to get all the gold ones. This is the mild version of it, they really should had been ashamed of themselves. I didn't say anything to them and just left. They probably chalked that up as a win for them and went on to harass whoever else joined them.

2. Then you get the people who beg for bells (among other things) but legitimately bells are the only things most of us can provide. I usually drop 100 bells whenever they ask for bells. That's it. No more no less.

3. The other person I run into occasionally is the girl who wants a boyfriend or whatever. Have we no shame?

I like to just slowly follow/stand between people while carrying an axe until I get yelled at. Helps my favorite accessory is Majora's Mask.

I've never been to the island, but I would include Seeders - people who using seeding hacks to potentially damage someone's game (though I don't know if seeding is possible on the island) and Rubbers - people who rub their character on another character as an act of "s3x" when really they just look stupid. You also forgot to mention Hackers-v.3: hackers who give a new player a ton of things that said player normally wouldn't have so early in the game (e.g. tons of bells, gold tools etc.).

Yeah I never experienced it myself while on tours, but some people can hack the online island. They'll add rocks, trees, whatever (maybe even pwp buildings?) Sometimes it's just to be funny and show off their skills. Other times they're trying to be malicious, so people can't go back to the hut and sell stuff, go on tours, buy stuff, or add their catches to the box.

They can also add patterns to the ground, which isn't malicious either. They can be harmless and cool or petty and lame.

Yeah I never experienced it myself while on tours, but some people can hack the online island. They'll add rocks, trees, whatever (maybe even pwp buildings?) Sometimes it's just to be funny and show off their skills. Other times they're trying to be malicious, so people can't go back to the hut and sell stuff, go on tours, buy stuff, or add their catches to the box.

They can also add patterns to the ground, which isn't malicious either. They can be harmless and cool or petty and lame.

Placing PWP buildings online is possible with a modified version of a recent trainer (said modified version isn't even allowed to be talked about in the modding community, it's that dangerous. Could start another Wild World War if you know what I mean). But even then, when you place a PWP building with a trainer, it remains non-collideable for a day. It requires waiting a day (basically at 6AM when the game reloads itself on the next day) for them to turn solid.

In the couple of times I've been to Club Tortimer online, one of the most common types I've encountered are the arguers. I walk up, say hi, they say hi back, then they keep going with their fierce debate over things usually completely irrelevant to ACNL...and I'm just standing there. Watching.

When I ask if they want to do minigames, they flatly refuse, and don't stop arguing until they feel the issue has been litigated enough. Then they leave.

Like WTF?

Really? In all my times at the Island, I don't think I ever came across people who were debating for whatever reason...or that it got severely out of hand like your experiences. That's pretty crazy. What kidn of junk were they even complaining/fighting about?

lol I'd call them Master Debaters, but they'd neither be masters nor debators...so nevermind.

Last edited:
One time it was over Call of Duty (hahahaha the irony), the other was about basketball...lol. Idr the others but I've encountered debaters probably 4 times in total.

Like, why argue so fiercely at Tortimer?? Maybe I just got unlucky with who I was matched up with and it's not all that common.

The nuisance - a person who comes to the island purely to annoy other players. Had one guy once just follow us wrong hitting us with a shovel for no reason. XD

Just went to CT last night and got some more~
The new player: Is questioning a lot, and usually asks for tutorials on catching/fishing with demonstrations
The "Want bells?": Expects the bell beggars and just asks if you want bells then gives you the total amount for your house and leaves 0_0
The threatener: Says they know where you live and can see your parents (and just to troll, I said in response: "My parents are dead. I live in a foster home")
The one who gives you island items:
I went to Club Tortimer for a sand castle and someone entered the island. No sand castle, but I wanted to make muns since I was already there. They said I'm lucky and dropped a bunch of stuff from the gift shop. Then went on to say that they've been island jumping all day to go to a random island and give someone all the items from the gift shop. Even the sets. They said to take care then left. Can I hear a collective "Whoa"
The obvious attention seeker: gives a long tragic life story, usually abused, graped, almost died 5 times, parents don't care. And when you ask how they have a 3ds, the game and wifi if their parents don't care, they start screaming about how you should be handed over to the "Yakuza"(or whatever that even is?) and be sent to an eastern european country then have your organs sold...like wtf???
The "can you buy this for me?" : as simple as their name. They think you have infinite medals and can buy them anything from the gift shop.

I met plenty of players who asked my age and then got harass for it.

I met beggars, like this one time I went to the island and I had my crown on and this guy asked me for bells because he's poor and because I had my crown on he think I had lots of bells on me (I actually didn't, because I just spent all my bells for my house). This guy was just bragging about how rich he was to another player that was there and he (the guy who starting begging me for bells) had on a crown too!

Will be adding soon, currently in a hotel, with terrible internet

In the couple of times I've been to Club Tortimer online, one of the most common types I've encountered are the arguers. I walk up, say hi, they say hi back, then they keep going with their fierce debate over things usually completely irrelevant to ACNL...and I'm just standing there. Watching.

When I ask if they want to do minigames, they flatly refuse, and don't stop arguing until they feel the issue has been litigated enough. Then they leave.

Like WTF?

Rofl, "and I'm just standing there. Watching."

The whole list is great btw, too funny!

Back