• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Types Of Players You Meet At Club Tortimer

New ones!
The fisher: Only fishes and gives no mind to the rare beetles they keep scaring away.
Diver:You never see them!
Museum Filler: Wants to just catch bugs to fill museum. Will scare away anything they already caught
Bragger: Will brag about how amazing they are because of badges, play time or clothes/qr designs
Obnoxious 12 year-old:Thinks they're cool and calls every female a $/•+ and every boy gay. Usually swears way too much and walks into the island with a greeting like: " Sup b#$@es?" From personal experience, they're usually from North America.

I'm probably a bug catcher type. If I go to Club Tortimer these days it's usually just to fulfill an initiative to get a particular day or night time bug that I can't get in my own island.

My two pet hates are the bell beggars and the ones who tried to trap you.

The ones who chop down all the trees are just sad and possibly need therapy. ;)

The ones who are clearly very young and hardly know how to make a complete sentence, yet insist on trying to talk to you.

I'm the hacker :^)

Not sure if you added this yet, but how about people who pretend to be famous?

- - - Post Merge - - -

The hackers 1.0 who fill the island with trees right before your eyes and leave you to clean it up.

So I've ran into you, have I?

I'm the hacker :^)

Not sure if you added this yet, but how about people who pretend to be famous?

- - - Post Merge - - -

So I've ran into you, have I?

Did you fill an island with cedar trees (with Christmas lights)? Cause if so...impressive and yes.

Last edited:
I a mix of a few. Im either completely silent, I break the silence by asking "tour?", or I just island hop and come and go lol.

I'm definitely the bug catcher but never go to club tortimer anymore, too many bad experiences.

I'm the diver. I'd rater not be bothered with people until a calmer person shows up.

The Smacker, the ones who like to smack you with whatever tool when you're trying to fish.
I do love to run into hackers, though. (I rarely do) but once, some players were asking this guy for stuff, so he had tools, hybrids out ans other things, but they glitched or left (I don't remember) so I was the only one there.
"oh,hey! more for me!" I still have an infinite persimmon basket.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and the pervy kid, "show me your feet" and stuff like that.

I am a mostly silent, bug catcher.

I did run into a new one yesterday, she wanted to go on a tour and I told her I was really just trying to earn some bells right now, beetle hunting. She dropped a load of them and left for her tour with no further conversation, didn't even give me a chance to say thanks or join her for the tour.

I guess you could call her a random gifter/good samaritan, gives you something you didn't ask for and doesn't stick around for any reply.

I've found people who try to roleplay, usually younger kids. Playing house and stuff.

I've found people who try to roleplay, usually younger kids. Playing house and stuff.

Back in 2013-2014 they were sooooo common. Since I was younger then, I used to join in as well.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Did you fill an island with cedar trees (with Christmas lights)? Cause if so...impressive and yes.

Without the lights, but I've put more than that.

I didn't think other people could do that as well.

Back