• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Types Of Players You Meet At Club Tortimer

dedenne

the entire circus
Orange 🍊
Banana 🍌
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
THIS IS JUST FOR FUN!!!!!

I was bored, so I decided to think of the types of people you meet at Club Tortimer, if you have anymore, I'd love to hear them!!!

#1-The FC Person. Basically, they arrive, meet someone else, and go "Can we add each other?" And the other person goes "HECK YEAH". Nintendo say no to this, but no one cares.
#2-The Tour Person. The person who always says "Tour?" And does that for the whole session!!!
#3-The DC Person. If you have bad internet that's fine, but if you flip the wi-fi switch, THAT'S A WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY! I hate Resetti's face now. (DC means disconnect.)
#4-The Come and go person. When someone comes. Says hi. Leaves. Simple.
#5-The Chatterbox person. The one who talks SO much you can't keep up.
#6-The Do-nothing person. They just stand there. Like a potato.
#7-The bug catcher person- Probably me.
#8-This is the most stupid. The person who sells all their beetles and sharks to that 2 year old, and they say "I JUST GOT 50 BELLS". Excuse me sir???
#9-The bell beggars. The ones who beg for money and expensive items (By The cub servant.)
#10-The wanna be my gf/bf person. Basically they think it's tinder.(By thatawkwardkid)
#11-The Wanna Add Me On Skype Person. The one who wants to get kidnapped. (By Pancake225) #12-The bragger. The one who brags about their gracie clothes, bells, etc.(By Weiland)
#13-The Blocker. v.1=OPens inv so you can't leave. v.2-Digs hacked unfillable holes. They fixed this in the update though. (By katysu)
#14-The silent one. ... (Red 2.0). (By katysu).
#15- The island hopper. Hi. I'm buying something. Bye. (By Katysu)
#16-The Environmentalist-The one who gets mad when you've chopped down all the trees.(By melsi)
#17-Lost in translation. Me-Hello! Them-你好我喜歡動物穿越
Right...
#18-The bug scarer-The one who runs like sonic the hedgehog, and scares away those god damn golden stags or whatever. (By LemonInator)
#19-Hackers-v.1=They fill the island up with trees and leave you to tidy it up. v.2=They leave tons of bells, golden tools etc. on the floor. (By Keldi)
#20-The butt-hurts. People who get butt-hurt whenever you refuse to go on a tour or give them your FC so they try and be as annoying as possible. (By EvieEvening23)
#21-The Fisher. Only fishes and gives no mind to the rare beetles they keep scaring away. (By Keldi)
#22-Diver:You never see them!(By Keldi)
#23-Museum Filler: Wants to just catch bugs to fill museum. Will scare away anything they already caught.(By Keldi)
#24-Bragger: Will brag about how amazing they are because of badges, play time or clothes/qr designs.(By Keldi)
#25-Obnoxious 12 year-old:Thinks they're cool and calls every female a $/•+ and every boy gay. Usually swears way too much and walks into the island with a greeting like: " Sup b#$@es?" From personal experience, they're usually from North America.(By Keldi)
#26-The ones who are clearly very young and hardly know how to make a complete sentence, yet insist on trying to talk to you. (By LillyOfVadness)
#27-The ones who pretend to be famous. *sigh*. (BY ~Unicorn~)
#28-The smacker. The ones who use the tools for smacking. Very productive.
#29-The Random Gifter. The one who says here you go and waits for appreciation. Yup.(By Maudee)
#30-The people who do roleplay. (By molas)
#31-The person who always asks for your age. Here's an example (this is not my age). Them How old are you? Me=32 Them=uuuhh....27, when they're CLEARLY 9. (By ctar17)
#32-The person who makes fun of other people for having less stuff, when they are actually hackers. (By TheDuke55)
#33&#34-Seeders - people who using seeding hacks to potentially damage someone's game (though I don't know if seeding is possible on the island) and Rubbers - people who rub their character on another character as an act of "s3x" when really they just look stupid.(By Ninelives Bobcat)
#35-The arguers. I walk up, say hi, they say hi back, then they keep going with their fierce debate over things usually completely irrelevant to ACNL...and I'm just standing there. Watching.
When I ask if they want to do minigames, they flatly refuse, and don't stop arguing until they feel the issue has been litigated enough. Then they leave. Like WTF? (By amazonevan19)
#36-The nuisance - a person who comes to the island purely to annoy other players. Had one guy once just follow us wrong hitting us with a shovel for no reason. XD (By Hsn97)
#37,#38,#39 and #40-The new player: Is questioning a lot, and usually asks for tutorials on catching/fishing with demonstrations
The "Want bells?": Expects the bell beggars and just asks if you want bells then gives you the total amount for your house and leaves 0_0
The threatener: Says they know where you live and can see your parents (and just to troll, I said in response: "My parents are dead. I live in a foster home")
The one who gives you island items:Lucky you! (By Keldi)
#41 &#42-
The obvious attention seeker: gives a long tragic life story, usually abused, graped, almost died 5 times, parents don't care. And when you ask how they have a 3ds, the game and wifi if their parents don't care, they start screaming about how you should be handed over to the "Yakuza"(or whatever that even is?) and be sent to an eastern european country then have your organs sold...like wtf???
The "can you buy this for me?" : as simple as their name. They think you have infinite medals and can buy them anything from the gift shop. (By Keldi)
#43-The rage quitters. Except in Animal Crossing, it's not exactly rage quitting...but they do it to take out the entire island. Now some just join an island and have bad connection, their internet goes out, or maybe the power. Or a combination. It's just bad luck on their part and anyone else who may have been with them. (By TheDuke55)
Which one are you? Got anymore? :D

Last edited:
I've run into this sort of person a few times.

The Bragger - Shows off their style with Gracie clothes. Brags about how rich they are. Etc.

4 'the come and go person' haha

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've run into this sort of person a few times.

The Bragger - Shows off their style with Gracie clothes. Brags about how rich they are. Etc.

By the time the emporium is unlocked the clothes aren't really that expensive: it's the furniture that everyone finds a pain to buy

The blocker: several variations.
1. opens up inventory so you cannot leave (well you couldn't prior to update).
2. digs hacked unfillable holes - I presume you just error for that one.
3. must be others ....

The silent one: never says a word

The island hopper: comes to buy and then off again.

13. The environmentalist: Shows up and gets irate when they see you chopped all the normal trees and dug up the bushes to beetle farm.

17:? Lost in translation: When you wifi internationally and someone joins but establish you share no common language to communicate and they proceed to try talk to you anyhow.

I'm a combination of the chatterbox and the tour person. XD

The Bug Scarer - the person that scares away beetles and other bugs when you are about to catch them, they usually do this by running round the island like they're sonic the hedgehog or something.

The hackers 1.0 who fill the island with trees right before your eyes and leave you to clean it up.
The hackers 2.0 who fill the place with golden tools, rare flowers, and drop a bunch of bells.

Last edited:
I'm purposely a "lost in translation" person and a "silent" person. Combination of Japanese and Korean on an American island because it's funny to see their reactions.

also what about the "people who get butt-hurt whenever you refuse to go on a tour or give them your FC so they try and be as annoying as possible" or for short, "the butt-hurts". Basically a combo of the bug scarers and the FC askers.

Back