Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges! Who am I kidding? We need them BADLY.

RedPanda

DA-9920-8729-4535
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
0005-0805-2723
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
Pink Star Fragment
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
So I just wanted to vent about the fact that we don't have progress info/counters for badge-earning efforts. For example, to get the gold Fishing Master badge, you have to go from the silver (caught 2k fish) to catching 5k fish.

Three thousand is a lot of fish and I sure don't plan on manually or mentally keeping track of that, or any of the other achievements. It sure would be nice to know if I have a long way to go, or if I am close and shouldn't give up! Sigh.

Last edited:
So I just wanted to vent about the fact that we don't have progress info/counters for badge-earning efforts. For example, to get the gold Fishing Master badge, you have to go from the silver (caught 2k fish) to catching 5k fish.

Three thousand is a lot of fish and I sure don't plan on manually or mentally keeping track of that, or any of the other achievements. It sure would be nice to know if I have a long way to go, or if I am close and shouldn't give up! Sigh.

I am fine with the fishing/bug badges although now I only at the bronze stage lol but is better than some like K.K slider and streetpass, writing letter...I still haven't achieve any of that!

Yip! I'm trying to get bug master but I have no idea how many bugs I've caught :(

I used to catch so many bugs on the island that soon I got it lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

I am fine with the fishing/bug badges although now I only at the bronze stage lol but is better than some like K.K slider and streetpass, writing letter...I still haven't achieve any of that!

I got the letter badge by having the patience to buy around 400 letter papers, write letters, and send them all.

I used to catch so many bugs on the island that soon I got it lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

I got the letter badge by having the patience to buy around 400 letter papers, write letters, and send them all.

400....I guess I will write a perfect first letter which they will use to show around then the rest with spam! I wish copy paste exist in acnl lol

I wished the game had a counter too. For my main town mayor I didn't keep track of the amounts caught. For my side players I did keep track. Fished or bug caught on the island and the ocean. Each time I caught 20 bugs or fish I dropped 100 coins on the ground.
Added the total and wrote it in a notebook.

If you bug hunt during the day adding a lot of flowers on the ground helps spawn butterflies fast. Sell them to the little girl inside and put the few expensive ones in the box. The flowers can be stored in the box when you want to bug hunt in the evening. Found the bug one easier than the fishing one.

I like to mess up my villagers houses on purpose and making them original again by sending them their furniture through letters. Easy bronze letter badge.

I actually really like the way it is now. Having counters of how much you still need would take away from the casual feel of Animal Crossing in my opinion. The way it is now I just catch a few fish whenever I have time and get excited when Phineas shows up... Only to find out I got a balloon badge. XD

That's Animal Crossing. ^^

Last edited:
Counter would be really useful. As it is I've never kept track so when Phineas appears its a nice surprise.
I know a lot of the badges I won't get, (well not the gold ones) nor overly bothered about it.
If I actually got a 'gold' badge in my hands I might feel differently.
Some are easy - its just 200 letters for the gold writing badge and the turnip one is easy if you buy/sell turnips.

The only easy ones to count are the encyclopedia ones where you can see which bug/fish/deep sea creatures you still need to catch but doubt I'll ever fill the bug one as I can't catch a scorpion on tarantula at all.

The only easy ones to count are the encyclopedia ones where you can see which bug/fish/deep sea creatures you still need to catch but doubt I'll ever fill the bug one as I can't catch a scorpion on tarantula at all.

Same. I've caught a tarantula in my new town because it barely has any vegetation.. but it's sooo hard in my main because those pesky things hide in my flowers and sneak up on me. I've never even seen a scorpion in my years playing. I never really pay attention to my badges and there are some I definitely wont be able to obtain.. like the streetpass ones.

Tell me about it,don't think I've seen a scorpion since ACWW.
I know I'll never get the streetpass badge as I never meet anyone through streetpass.
Funnily enough I did today and was jealous as she had mostly gold badges!

Back