• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Town Ideas!

Mayor_Rosabela

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I'm wanting to do a Halloween/fall town but I have no idea what to do besides orange, purple and black hybrids. Does anyone have any ideas, inspirations or dream address recommendations?

Build a graveyard, place shoes on the beach, litter candy everywhere, and, personally, I think it'd cool if you based your characters and houses off of Tim Burton movies. I think Corpse Bride and Coraline would be the easiest ones to replicate in-game.

fossils on the ground so it looks like bones, pitfalls buried around, dead trees, white flowers would look good too, maybe even some yellow, red, and blue too. Black, Purple, and Red roses look great bunched together btw. The well pwp would look good as well as the log bench. Lots of clovers and weeds if you can.

There are lots of creepy/ haunted themed towns, you can just google DAs if you're looking for inspiration! Dead trees are a really great asthetic, also scarce PWPs, or using the same PWP over and over (for example the statue fountain or the stone tablet) to create a super creepy vibe! You can get super creative with your houses. The idea about using Tim Burton movies is really great and creative - it gives you some basic ideas and inspiration, and then you get to run away and be creative with it. It's super easy to make rooms creepy, you can literally put anything you want in there (even Christmas stuff!) and it instantly becomes spooky by having a doll/ mannequin facing a wall or something. It's easy to fall into cliches like witches' houses sand stuff, and there's nothing wrong with that, but get on Pinterest or visit some dream towns and see what other people are doing!

You can make it super obvious or you can make it a sort of subtle creepy, it's totally up to you! Hope some of this has helped, good luck with your town :)

Back