use dream town to find special stumps?

Mayor-Indigo

too shy to do much
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
My theory is that you could visit your own town's DA and find out what trees have special stumps. like you could borrow the axe from the gyroid guy and start chopping?
(I am not sure how special tree stumps are generated)

The normal axe, which Lloid gives in the DA is basic. So it'd be very rare.

Only the silver and gold axe can frequently make stump patterns. The silver makes more than the gold.

Any old trees, you just need to cut them down. Like Pyoopi said, a gold or silver axe is best.

Just chiming in to say that if you want special stumps, the silver axe is the way to go. The gold axe makes special stumps sometimes (I've even gotten one or two with a regular axe), but a silver axe will produce a special patterned stump 100% of the time.

Also, you didn't ask about this but it's something I never knew until I experimented with it :p - if you're looking for a particular design on the stump, or if there's one you don't want, save right before chopping down the tree. If you get one you don't want, quit without saving and try chopping the same tree again - the design could be a different one. It's not predetermined.

So potentially, in your dream town you can leave a silver axe sitting around and chop trees to see which ones are special?

So potentially, in your dream town you can leave a silver axe sitting around and chop trees to see which ones are special?

You wouldn't need to do that. If you have a silver axe and chop a tree down, it always makes a pattern. The bad thing is that silver axes will break after 136 uses. Also, they are kind of hard to get. They appear at the island gift shop, but only very rarely.

You wouldn't need to do that. If you have a silver axe and chop a tree down, it always makes a pattern. The bad thing is that silver axes will break after 136 uses. Also, they are kind of hard to get. They appear at the island gift shop, but only very rarely.

People can also buy some from here. Gardening shops have lots of them. Then just throw them all over the ground, update dream address, and then visit your dream town :)

Yeah your best bet would be to just buy a silver axe. What I like to do though is run around my dream town and pick up clovers to see which ones are weeds and which ones are lucky :p

The axe determines if you will get a special stump. Going to a dream address will not show you which stump you will get.

Remember: two chops with a golden axe, final chop with a silver axe.

That way you get to use the silver axe only for making stumps! Silver axes last way longer this way!

Back