houseplant enthusiast
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Tasty Cake
White Lily
Ruby
White Tulip
i'm curious! and also because i'm considering doing this... i usually just wait until a villager pings me and then i wait the 10 days until they go into boxes- but i just got a moving ping from a villager i've been wanting to get rid of (i love him, but his house is in the way ;; ) and i'm itching to tt to his move out date.

what do you do in this situation? do you wait patiently like i have in the past, or do you tt to get the villager out asap so you can move a dreamie in? and also, if you do tt to move a villager out, how do you safely get back to real time without wreaking havoc on your town? :blush:

It depends on the town and the villager. I try to not tt in my main town but in my other town I do.
I tt, a few time to get unwanted move ins out from Cascades though.

always. i dont have the patience to wait a few days for a villager to move out. and in the end it may be a villager i want to keep.

Last edited:
Just go day by day and make sure you do your daily tasks. The jump backward to real time will just be counted as one day, so.

I'm currently months behind to work on various things in my town, so I TT to do anything right now. Once I'm caught up I'll try not to.

i used to cus i was hella obsessed with getting my dreamies but i kinda burned out from doing multiple weeks in the span of a few hours so frequently OTL

I do in my second town, but not my main town. I have beautiful town ordinance or whatever it's called so my plants are all good when I TT, but once someone moved out because of my TTing too far ahead, it was someone I wanted to move out anyway, but then it made me afraid to TT to far at once, so now I go day by day like molas said.

Yeah because my town is still almost a year behind and I'm tryin to catch up. It helps regrow the grass anyway.

I like all of my villagers *pushes Becky and Bella off a cliff* :D

I used to TT to kick out villagers and with the new update, every 7-10 days a villager will ping, so nothing weird about it. BUT! Ever since I am done with my 16 cycle, I finally able to play a normal time and talk with my villagers often and now they ping me EVERYDAY! I been actively running around my town fishing and catching bug and sometimes they ping me to talk nonsense, but will be once they ping to say they re moving out!!! Why is this happening? Everyday 1 of them will ping me and tell me that they wanna move out on x date ;_; nooooo...why?

- - - Post Merge - - -

i'm curious! and also because i'm considering doing this... i usually just wait until a villager pings me and then i wait the 10 days until they go into boxes- but i just got a moving ping from a villager i've been wanting to get rid of (i love him, but his house is in the way ;; ) and i'm itching to tt to his move out date.

what do you do in this situation? do you wait patiently like i have in the past, or do you tt to get the villager out asap so you can move a dreamie in? and also, if you do tt to move a villager out, how do you safely get back to real time without wreaking havoc on your town? :blush:

After you want to be on your real time without losing anyone, wait for 1 of them to ping you, keep them around or kick them, whichever you like, then you re free to TT to the current date safely.

only when I'm obtaining another villager that's already in boxes. I always have 10 villagers in my town so I have to move an unwanted one out first.

I do, just to get the plot resetting (for the new villager) out of the way or even if I don't need to plot reset, I still tt to make sure they'd place their house on the same spot. I don't have the patience to wait for a few days.

Depends how I'm feeling. If I want a buffer between pinging, I let them go. Less I have to check in for pings for ten days.
If I want them out right away or it benefits me sooner, I TT.

If you already have the villager to leave and you have beautiful ordinance, I jump to the move date and then just jump back to the current date. TTing backwards is only one day equivalent no matter what the jump. So, there should not really be any issues with your town. No other villager will be effected since you're on the move date and by moving back you're only counting as a day so it just gets rid of his house.
If you're TTing to try to get a villager to ping, you should naturally not be TTing in huge time jumps so it shouldn't really be an issue for remaining close to the original date. Most usually do two days forward then go back and repeat till a ping. But you still need to be cautious in not missing a ping.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah because my town is still almost a year behind and I'm tryin to catch up. It helps regrow the grass anyway.

If you're a year behind, just get to a villager that pings that you don't want to keep. Once they ping and you confirm they'll move, TT to the current date (don't go to their move date). That villager will be gone and you'll be back to current date. Only one villager moves (the one you confirmed was moving) not your others.

Last edited:
Yes cause i'm impatient to wait for them to move out and since I have 10 villagers I have to in order to have room for a dreamie that i want.

As soon as I'm pinged, I mean who I want to replace them and set out a spot for them. Then I start hunting on the forums for who I want. If I find someone who can trade me a dreamie before the other one moves out, then I will TT to get rid of them for the space, but only then.

it really depends on the villager for me! if im like, desperate to get them out then i will haha i dont find myself TT-ing all that much lately though

Nope! Instant gratification seems to make the game less satisfying in the long run. I haven't moved anyone new into Feldspar in years, though.

I used to, but now I just let them move out after the 10 days. However, if I'm waiting to adopt a villager from someone else and they are ready I'll TT forward. Don't want to keep them waiting lol

Back