• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Town Help!

tinycomet

^ u ^
Bells
White Rose
Blue Hybrid Rose
Purple Violet
White Violet
Leif
Hi! A while ago, I posted a thread asking about my town layout, if anyone else had it, and if anybody had ideas.

Though I have not completely finished my town, I have added paths (still a bit of a work in progress) and was wondering if I would be able to get feedback on my town thus far, and possibly get ideas in terms of flower placement, pwps, etc. Either are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Dream Address: 4E00-0067-47A2

EDIT
Mayor's hair is not right at the moment ? it will be fixed later;
There's a patch of patterns in a tulip field because the 9th villager (to be determined) always places their house there, interfering with the paths set

Last edited:
First off, I really like your town. You have a original idea with the paths and I love the use of different flowers! and your map is PERFECT basically. Maybe in front of the town hall in that little space without paths, you could put a pwp like the hotspring or a sculpture and surround it in black and white flowers? and maybe line your paths in trees and bushes

First off, I really like your town. You have a original idea with the paths and I love the use of different flowers! and your map is PERFECT basically. Maybe in front of the town hall in that little space without paths, you could put a pwp like the hotspring or a sculpture and surround it in black and white flowers? and maybe line your paths in trees and bushes

Hi, thank you! ^-^

I really like the idea of adding a sculpture or something in front of town hall, and I plan on planting loads of trees once I finalise the paths.

Okay... I just saw your dream. This is so hard for me to critique and give advice, given it is a work in progress, and I don't quite know your intentions on making your town. So I'll ask some questions first...

-What type of theme are you going for?
-Is your town's main purpose to be a dream for people to view, or a town for you to have lots of fun playing in for yourself?
-Are many of your paths set in stone, or are you still figuring them out?
-Are there villagers you are planning to move in/out?
-Do you plan on having a third bridge somewhere?
-Are the 2 bridges already there set in stone in your mind?

Overall, the layout doesn't mean much to me if I don't know your mission in building this town.

Okay... I just saw your dream. This is so hard for me to critique and give advice, given it is a work in progress, and I don't quite know your intentions on making your town. So I'll ask some questions first...

-Is your town's main purpose to be a dream for people to view, or a town for you to have lots of fun playing in for yourself?

Overall, the layout doesn't mean much to me if I don't know your mission in building this town.

Hi!

I realise that it may have been a problem, or hard to critique. Thank you so much for asking these questions, as it has helped me figure a few things out.

I wasn't sure of a town theme – maybe something along the lines of a night-time, dream town (Incorporating lots of blues and purples and possibly yellow)
Originally it was just for me to play in, but I think I would like to start transitioning it into something others can view (but that I can still have fun in from time to time)
Paths in the bottom half are set in stone, and the main horizontal one in the top half is set in stone. The only paths I'm unsure of are the ones around the campsite and town hall.
I think I might move out Daisy or Gaston (Just had Bam move out, so I need someone new to move in first, as I am at 8 villagers right now) Ideally, I would like to keep Drago, Molly, and Fauna (and possibly Pietro)
No, not with what I have planned.
Yes, unless other ideas are given.

Last edited:
Ah, that cleans things up quite a bit. I may need to revisit your town to give you some better ideas, but here are some ideas from the top of my head:

-Since Drago is directly beside the town hall, try getting your next ideal villager to on the mirror side of the hall. That would give that area a nice parallel look, and make the area below great for building a centerpiece of some kind.

-Given how the south path connecting the bridges are laid out, perhaps you can build a couple of Benches above that path, with a couple of trees in between them.

-The campsite is in a very awkward position, as you built it so trees and shrubs cannot be planted north and west of it. Perhaps you can plant some fruit/cedar trees to the south and east of it in wilderness-like fashion, so it can blend in with the RV campground next to it.

-There aren't many paths connecting to the houses in the south east. I'm not sure what you are going for - if you want to keep that area wild, or if you want a full path to connect these homes.

-The metal bench to the north west seems kind of barren, with the path being a dead-end to it... I don't know what you had planned when building it, but you could develop a nice backdrop of greenery behind it to make it look better.

-Since you are doing a night themed town, try creating a nicely spread pattern of trees and Streetlights you like around certain paths. Just be cautious that there is a limit of them you can place.

-My personal way of decorating with greenery is to start with the main attractions first. For instance, the Major buildings, villager homes, and larger works projects could be starting points for decorating your town with flowers, trees, and bushes. Then once you feel that they are nicely decorated to your taste, you can look at how the paths move towards each attraction, and gain a better understanding of how you wish to decorate the rest of your town. It's a slow process, but as you finish decorating one place after another, paths and other things about your layout start appearing before your eyes!

Hopefully this helps you with your town.

Last edited:

Thanks so much!

- I'm not sure who I want to be the 9th villager, but I think I will try to plot them beside town hall, as you suggested.

- I realise the campsite is off on it's own; I wasn't sure where I wanted it, and eventually decided to put it near the camp grounds.

- I had the idea of replacing the metal bench with a log bench and making it a camp-area (hammock, campfire, etc.)

- I really like the idea of streetlights and trees lining paths

- I've started with that, and I'm going to be switching flowers around a lot, to see what I like, and what looks best and stuff.

Thank you again for the ideas and feedback!

Last edited:
Back