What are your favourite bands/artists? What's your favourite music genre?

I really like a whole bunch of things, but what really stands out to me as being favourite genres are synthpop or dreampop. If it sounds like it came out the 80s or like it would put you to sleep then I'll probably love it. Have a ton of bands and artists that I really love, but some that really stand out are:

Bleachers
Carly Rae Jepsen (her Emotion era has produced some of the best pop music I've ever heard)
Oliver Tank
Francis and the Lights
Cashmere Cat
M83
Bon Iver

Favorite music genres: metal(of all kinds....power, traditional, death, black, doom, stoner, sludge, etc.), hard rock, psychedelic rock, progressive rock, jazz, classical and downtempo.

Favorite bands/artists(brace yourselves):

Death
Iced Earth
Immortal
Dream Evil
Iron Savior
Electric Wizard
Mastodon
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Motorhead
Morbid Angel
Anthrax
Melechesh
Stormwarrior
Firewind
Jag Panzer
Artizan
A Sound of Thunder
Exodus
Esoteric
Monolithe
Black Stone Cherry
Royal Thunder
Clutch
DragonForce
Lost Horizon
Gordian Knot
Animals As Leaders
Chimp Spanner
Grand Magus
Neonfly
Nightwish
Vader
Sanctuary
Satyricon
Grim Reaper
The Gathering
Kreator
Neurosis
Falconer
Morgana Lefay
Echoes of Eternity
Earth
Dissection
Powerwolf
Amon Amarth
Helloween
HammerFall
Metallica
Trouble
Mare Cognitum
The Sword
Manilla Road
Cellador
Demons & Wizards
Ahab
Candlemass
The Allman Brothers Band
MGMT
Tame Impala
Grateful Dead
Yes
Kansas
King Crimson
Cream
The Beatles
Miles Davis
Mahavishnu Orchestra
Return to Forever
Weather Report
Savant
Shpongle
Boards of Canada
Nightmares On Wax
Pretty Lights
Caravan Palace

I could probably name more but this is good enough for now.

Heck yeah! I love metal! (R.I.P Dimebag Darrell)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Rip Chuck Shuldiner

- - - Post Merge - - -

love 5 minutes alone by pantera right now

Modest Mouse! i have a lot of bands i love but MM is my all time favorite and has been for 15 years.

I don't really like to have a strict list of favourites, but I've been a huge Lady Gaga fan for years, also a huge Class Actress fan, and lately I've been really into Rico Nasty. I'll listen to pretty much any music genre, but synthpop, electropop, and psychedelia are all some big favourites of mine.

My favourite singer is Jason Gray and my favourite band is the Neal Morse Band. Polar opposites in terms of genre. I like a wide variety of music.

Visual kei (Japanese rock/metal) has a special spot in my heart.

My fav artists atm are:
The Gazette
Dir en grey
One ok rock
キズ (Kizu)
DADAROMA

I did listen to a lot of kpop
BTS
EXO
Big Bang
Monsta X
iKON
U-KISS, VIXX, 2PM, 2NE1 (don’t really listen anymore but I loved them back in the days)

I kinda just listen to whatever American pop music is on the radio and sometimes I’ll find one I really like

My favorite music genres are Metal, Rock, Classical, and some J-Rock/Metal.

My favorite bands are Megadeth, Led Zeppelin, Disturbed, Tool, Rammstein, Malice Mizer, and Yousei Teikoku.

My favorite artists are Gackt and Kanon Wakeshima.

My favorite composer is Bach.

Last edited:
Hmm... I don't really have a favorite music genre. As long as the music is cool, I like it! It can be country, pop or rock, I'm fine with it.
I just hate Metal and all of its "sub-genres" and rap. Those are horrible to listen to in my opinion.
As for favorite artists... I really like vocalists and """"divas"""" so I'd say Tori Kelly, Son SeungYeon, Lara Fabian, and other women like these!
But I also like artists such as Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift. And I of course have my K-Pop favs, Red Velvet, LOONA, IZ*ONE, CLC, MAMAMOO, Momoland and probably more!

I honestly don't know what genre this would be, but I only really listen to video game (mainly horror game) inspired songs on Youtube. I really hate modern pop because all it is to me is a bunch of love songs and super depressing stuff, but I don't judge on that. Depressing music is good!

Some of the best artists I've found on YT for video game music are The Living Tombstone, NateWantsToBattle, DAGames, and TryHardNinja. However, the only person I've found who's done an Animal Crossing song was MandoPony, who does good vocals but most of his songs aren't that great. His ACNL one is really sad though.

I like music from all genres ! Like, I literally have spotify lists for every genre and every mood. I like hype songs the most though, so Rap/Hip-Hop, Rock/Alternative Rock, and every sub genre that starts with "Psychedelic" are such easy picks for me.

I also really like spoken word, different than "rap", but still "spoken word music", and I like musicals a lot as well.
bedroom pop fills the void too

bjork , lady gaga , ariana grande , katy perry , rihanna , beyonce , marina and the diamonds , charli xcx , lorde , rosalia , lana del rey , melanie martinez , grimes and fka twigs are the people who i can say i love a lot and been follwing since 2011-2018 (depending on artist)

other bands or artists that i kinda like are cupcakke , M.I.A , nicki minaj , taylor swift , SISTAR , Girls Generation , depeche mode and crystal castles

I have no idea what criteria my brain uses to decide what I like or not. I got no favorite genres, I like some songs from some artists, but never the whole genre.
My favorite artists are Gorillaz, which make alternative hip hop? (or something, please correct me if I'm wrong) whose band members are fictional characters, and Blackmore's Night, who makes these lovely medieval tunes, with lyrics telling stories of woodland creatures of the night and jolly nights at taverns with adventure companions. it's so so magical.

I really dig rock music - recent hits, classic rock, hard rock, punk rock, it's all good. I don't really have many favorite bands/artists. I do really love to listen to Jensen Ackles sing, however.

I mainly listen to RnB, Soul, Neo-Soul, Funk, Hip-Hop and Rap. I listen to a lot of oldies and some selective new artists but I love these genres and how they evolve over the years. For example, I love classic electro funk like the S.O.S band, but I also looove G-Funk, Future-Funk that's been coming out recently (like that LA scene) My favourite producer of all time is DJ Quik. My favourite rapper is Freddie Gibbs. My favourite male singers are D'Angelo and BJ the Chicago Kid and my favourite female singers are Sade, Toni Braxton, and Erykah Badu. Erykah Badu live is both entertaining and mesmerising to watch, I mean she can sing about vegetables and make it sound good. I've gone through a ton of music phases and appreciate all and will have karaoke sessions with just about anything in the car... but the above mentioned has always been a constant love :>

Metal, more specifically melodic death metal and thrash.

Was brought up on thrash metal, my step dad playing it around me since I was like 4. Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica, Anthrax, Kreator, Overkill, Testament, Exodus, the typical stuff. I still love Megadeth, Kreator and old Metallica and Slayer, but I also love Evile, Cavalera Conspiracy and Savage Messiah these days.

As for melodic death, it's a pretty open ended genre. Arch Enemy, Parasite Inc., Scar Symmetry, Mors Principium Est, Deadlock, Bloodshot Dawn, Children of Bodom.

Anything with electronic elements like Amarante or Blood Stain Child is cool. Judas Priest around the Ram it Down/Painkiller era, Foetal Juice, Fear Factory, Divine Heresy, Dream Theatre, Dimmu Borgir, Devin Townsend, Belphagor, Beast in Black, Nightwish, Kamelot, Shear, Unleash the Archers, Trivium, Within the Ruins, Death. There's only a couple subgenres I really dislike.

Also quite like synthwave. Pertubator, VHS Glitch, Lazerhawk

I really love Dubstep, but also Rap. Funny enough, non of my favorite singers / bands are really based on that..
favorite singers are YUNGBLUD, OrelSan, Melanie Martinez & Lorenzo :3

At the moment, I'm HUGE into Set It Off. Cody's voice is just to die for.

Back