• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What are your favourite bands/artists? What's your favourite music genre?

Weiland

Flick Fanboy 🦎💞
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7046-6089-3415
What are your favourite bands or artists? Also, what's your favourite music genre?

I have a LOT of favourite bands/artists so I'll list the ones I can think of (they're pm always bands lol).
Nirvana; Paramore; Weezer; Smashing Pumpkins; Brand New; Blink-182; System of a Down; Linkin Park; Green Day; Gorillaz; Arctic Monkeys; There For Tomorrow; Egypt Central; Aerosmith; All Time Low; Audioslave; Billy Talent; Breaking Benjamin; Deftones; David Bowie; Eminem; Three Days Grace; Hollywood Undead; Imagine Dragons; The Amity Affliction; Manchester Orchestra; Radiohead; RHCP; Send Request; Sonic Youth; The Neighbourhood; The Offspring; The Misfits; Thousand Foot Krutch.
Jesus ****ing Christ that's a HUGE list. ;-;

My favourite music genres are pop punk, rock, grunge and metal.

The cure, Depeche mode, Rammstein, and my favorite genres are 80's synthpop and gothic metal.

Too many. I listen to many genre's of music; pop punk, rap, metal, rock and subgenres. If I had to pick a single favorite artist right now, it'd be The Front Bottoms.

i listen to alternative, punk, rock, pop and mixes between all of them lol.

atm i listen to a lot of stuff by silvana imam she's pretty good

Favorite music genres: metal(of all kinds....power, traditional, death, black, doom, stoner, sludge, etc.), hard rock, psychedelic rock, progressive rock, jazz, classical and downtempo.

Favorite bands/artists(brace yourselves):

Death
Iced Earth
Immortal
Dream Evil
Iron Savior
Electric Wizard
Mastodon
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Motorhead
Morbid Angel
Anthrax
Melechesh
Stormwarrior
Firewind
Jag Panzer
Artizan
A Sound of Thunder
Exodus
Esoteric
Monolithe
Black Stone Cherry
Royal Thunder
Clutch
DragonForce
Lost Horizon
Gordian Knot
Animals As Leaders
Chimp Spanner
Grand Magus
Neonfly
Nightwish
Vader
Sanctuary
Satyricon
Grim Reaper
The Gathering
Kreator
Neurosis
Falconer
Morgana Lefay
Echoes of Eternity
Earth
Dissection
Powerwolf
Amon Amarth
Helloween
HammerFall
Metallica
Trouble
Mare Cognitum
The Sword
Manilla Road
Cellador
Demons & Wizards
Ahab
Candlemass
The Allman Brothers Band
MGMT
Tame Impala
Grateful Dead
Yes
Kansas
King Crimson
Cream
The Beatles
Miles Davis
Mahavishnu Orchestra
Return to Forever
Weather Report
Savant
Shpongle
Boards of Canada
Nightmares On Wax
Pretty Lights
Caravan Palace

I could probably name more but this is good enough for now.

Last edited:
Disturbed, hands down. Their music saved me in so many ways.

I love all music so my list would be bigger than everyone here lol but Disturbed is just ultimate for me, i can always listen to them and even if i get sick of them, i ALWAYS go back.

MUTEMATH, Vulfpeck, Cory Henry & The Funk Apostles, Hippo Campus, Jacob Collier, Anderson .Paak, Dirty Loops, Future of Forestry. I kinda lean towards the alt-rock -> jazz fusion, as soon as the rock gets heavy I just can't stand it. As a bassist I listen to a lot of bands that have really good bass lines or groove.

Anyone here like Mindless Self Indulgence?..

Other bands I like are Linkin Park, Disturbed, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace (oldschool) etc..

I listen to video game music more than 90% of the time though, so bands aren't a huge part of what I listen to.

I like indie and folk music a lot, and also classical music (big Chopin fan). My favourite artists are probably Fleet Foxes, Bjork, Beirut, Keaton Henson, Noah Gundersen, and Iron & Wine. I occasionally listen to more indie "rock" (like Arctic Monkeys), but I prefer less percussive and more folksy pieces overall.

anything Shoji Meguro composes
also In Love With A Ghost on youtube?

Right now my favorites are Purity Ring, Little Dragon, Kendrick Lamar, Feist, some Glasser, some Cat Power and misc. EDM-ish type songs. I don't really have a favorite genre - maybe more along the indie-ish, pop/electronic/with a beat? lol idk.

I listen to a lot of music, so I don't really have a favorite genre. A few of my favorite artists/bands are: The Frights, Twin Peaks, The Growlers, The Killers, Alt-J, Banks, Sky Ferreira, fka Twigs, Dagny, Florrie, Joywave, Crystal Castles, Chl?e Howl, and The Front Bottoms. Chvrches & Broods are also really nice.

My favorite artists are Kendrick Lamar, The Game, 50 Cent, Migos, J. Cole, Desiigner, BTS

My favorite music genre is Hip hop

Last edited:
I love dark wave/industrial/synthpop and have done since around 2006/2007 when I first came across Ayria's My Revenge on the World. The scene is pretty incredible and close-knit and I've had a chance to meet/talk with a lot of fantastic people through it.

Some artists I adore (I've seen most of them live - some twice!):

Aesthetic Perfection
Alterred
Blaqk Audio
Blutengel
Massive Ego
Obscure Pleasures
William Control

And while not directly related, I feel the need to mention Marilyn Manson and Placebo. I've been a fan of them both since 2006. I saw Placebo in 2012 and I'll be seeing Manson for the first time this December (third attempt at getting gig tickets was the charm haha) and I'm pretty excited!

Paramore, Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Linkin Park, Flyleaf (with Lacey), Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Of Mice & Men, Evanescence, Nirvana, Chevelle, Crossfade, Melanie Martinez, Selena Quintanilla, Christina Grimmie (RIP), Rihanna, the entire soundtrack for Life is Strange...

I honestly like all genres except country (sO oRiGiNaL I know) but my favorite is rock in general

My favourite genre is JPop, and I have a ridiculously long list of favourite artists, Japanese and from other countries xD

Back