• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

So uhm. I just dropped my DS

Pancake225

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Hi friends ,

so basically while I was watching the fire work show in ac I accidentally dropped my 3DS XL from the balcony.
My stupid cat scared me and It accidentally slipped from my hands and fell on the ground [About 6 floors high since I'm living in an apartment temporarily]

The Top and bottom screens are scratched and are broken apart from each other.
It doesn't work and I'm ANGRY. [Brb going to kill my cat JK] : (

So Is there any way to restore the cartridge or something by using/linking Nintendo account ?
I really don't want to lose my town save and the tbt bells I spent into the game.

Thanks! : )

Last edited:
Hi friends ,

so basically while I was watching the fire work show in ac I accidentally dropped my 3DS XL from the balcony.
My stupid cat scared me and It accidentally slipped from my hands and fell on the ground [About 6 floors high since I'm living in an apartment temporarily]

The Top and bottom screens are scratched and are broken apart from each other.
It doesn't work and I'm ANGRY. [Brb going to kill my cat JK] : (

So Is there any way to restore the cartridge or something by using/linking Nintendo account ?
I really don't want to lose my town save and the tbt bells I spent into the game.

Thanks! : )

So sorry that you had that happen! I apologize for being unable to help! :(

If your cartridge wasn't harmed in the fall, it should be okay. You'll just have to buy another 3ds and put your cartridge in and your town will still be there.

Your town should be ok, if that's any help.
Sorry about that, I've been there.

Oh nooo. Sorry to hear that. Your town should be fine though if the cartridge wasn't damaged. Idk what you'd do if your town was digital though.

Ack! That sounds horrible! I've already had 2 broken 3ds's... one I dropped on hard tile floor, and the other eventually just broke away from the hinge. Surprisingly, the second one still works.
Anyways, sorry :(

:( that sounds horrible, I am sorry.

Hoping the cartridge wasn't damaged, your town should still be fine. Try contacting Nintendo if they can help repair it (they'll charge you though). Hope everything goes fine.

Also if it was digital then you can link NNID onto another 3ds (if you buy another one!)
I think your town will be erased if you do this, however...

Last edited:
Sorry about your 3DS! Mine had a loose Wi-Fi chip so it couldn't connect to the Internet. No warranty either and I didn't have the right screws. So I decided to buy a new 3DS. But without Internet I couldn't do a system transfer. So what I had to do was literally break open my 3DS from the bottom, rip the plastic covering, place the chip back, and do the system transfer. I'm so glad my old 3DS still opened up after ripping it apart or else I couldn't have done anything. Now my old 3DS will forever be stuck in the opening screen where it requires you to put 3D mode on because apparently I broke that when ripping the 3DS open.

Last edited:
Sorry about your 3DS! Mine had a loose Wi-Fi chip so it couldn't connect to the Internet. No warranty either and I didn't have the right screws. So I decided to buy a new 3DS. But without Internet I couldn't do a system transfer. So what I had to do was literally break open my 3DS from the bottom, rip the plastic covering, place the chip back, and do the system transfer. I'm so glad my old 3DS still opened up after ripping it apart or else I couldn't have done anything. Now my old 3DS will forever be stuck in the opening screen where it requires you to put 3D mode on because apparently I broke that when ripping the 3DS open.
I've seen other people do videos about putting the wi-fi chip back in, however maybe you didn't do it right that the 3D switch broke? Because when they did it, nothing wrong happened and their 3ds was back to normal...

I've seen other people do videos about putting the wi-fi chip back in, however maybe you didn't do it right that the 3D switch broke? Because when they did it, nothing wrong happened and their 3ds was back to normal...

They probably opened it up using screwdrivers. However, the screws on my 3DS were literally stuck and chipped, and my screwdrivers wouldn't do their job, so I couldn't open the back properly. So I decided to buy a new 3DS and rip open my old one with a hammer. (Yes I had to smash my old 3DS with a hammer and a screwdriver. It hurts just thinking about it)

Also my old 3DS was the original release one, and Nintendo wouldn't fix my old 3DS because it wasn't one of the newer versions. :(

Last edited:
Weird how ppl think "putting in the cartridge into another 3ds won't have your town and that Nintendo even HAS a cloud function"...
So to be clear data is saved onto the cartridge and also 2ds is the same as a 3ds bit different design and no 3d.

Thank you everyone for your tips and support.
It seriously means a lot to me. The community on This forum is so lovely and kind.
Tomorrow Iam heading to Best Buy to purchase another 3ds XL
And try the cartridge. Hopefully it works. :confused:

:c

Last edited:
So sorry that you had that happen! I apologize for being unable to help! :(

Thank you for your support , It seriously means a lot . : )

- - - Post Merge - - -

If your cartridge wasn't harmed in the fall, it should be okay. You'll just have to buy another 3ds and put your cartridge in and your town will still be there.

Hopefully it's not damaged. Iam going to purchase a new ds tomorrow and try it out. Hopefully it's not damaged. I Cannot imagine losing all the time and content I put into it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Your town should be ok, if that's any help.
Sorry about that, I've been there.

Thank you for your support!! Its a real struggle.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Here's some links to help you out if you need specific answers:

Nintendo Support Homepage
Nintendo 3DS Repair Inquiry

Also so sorry about your 3DS.

I'll check them out! Thank you for your kind comment. : )

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh nooo. Sorry to hear that. Your town should be fine though if the cartridge wasn't damaged. Idk what you'd do if your town was digital though.

Hopefully it's not damaged. Thank you for being supportive!! ( =

- - - Post Merge - - -

So sorry about that :( hope you get it fixed up!

Thank you! [ =

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ack! That sounds horrible! I've already had 2 broken 3ds's... one I dropped on hard tile floor, and the other eventually just broke away from the hinge. Surprisingly, the second one still works.
Anyways, sorry :(

Ouch! That Sucks :c Thank you so much for your comment. ^~^

- - - Post Merge - - -

:( that sounds horrible, I am sorry.

Hoping the cartridge wasn't damaged, your town should still be fine. Try contacting Nintendo if they can help repair it (they'll charge you though). Hope everything goes fine.

Also if it was digital then you can link NNID onto another 3ds (if you buy another one!)
I think your town will be erased if you do this, however...

Thank you for your lovely Tips! [:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thank you so much! ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Weird how ppl think "putting in the cartridge into another 3ds won't have your town and that Nintendo even HAS a cloud function"...
So to be clear data is saved onto the cartridge and also 2ds is the same as a 3ds bit different design and no 3d.

Yep I already know that. I was wondering if I can Link my physical damaged cartridge data some how using Nintendo account so I don't lose everything I have.

Last edited:
Aw, sorry about that. I've never dropped my 3DS (not enough to cause damage at least) but recently my brothers friend broke his 3DS, he was worried that he wouldn't be able to play the game anymore. He has the new 3DS now and his game still works :)

Yep I already know that. I was wondering if I can Link my physical damaged cartridge data some how using Nintendo account so I don't lose everything I have.
Nintendo accounts have nothing to do with game data, just your purchases and stuff. So it can't save your town, sorry.
Did you try the cartridge yet?

Hopefully the cartridge is fine. :/ That's so crappy, dude. I've had my Pokemon Omega Ruby 2DS broken by bricking it because of Homebrew once. It SUUUUCKED!

It was most likely an intentional and malicious act by the cat. When you think the varmint is purring, listen closely and you will actually hear it chuckling.

So sorry! I dropped mine from the top of the stairs, and I DIED. Luckily my 2DS didn't. I've dropped it way too many times. I swear it's invincible...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Is the SD card OK?

Back