• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Am I the only person who absolutely hates sports (and being active)?

Lynx_

mmm
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Ever since I started school I never ever ever put more than the least amount of effort into P.E. class. Primary school is a different story... since it's more playing around and not partaking in actual competitive sports. Now I'm actually a very competitive person, and for those who are into astrology I'm actually an ARIES sign. Aries are very competitive and... active??? I've heard this so many times and I just don't understand why. I know 3 other Aries and they all aren't active or sporty at all.
So back to what I was going to say.
I absolutely hate sports.
I'll be in highschool next month and I've been told by a ton of teachers throughout elementary and middle school that I'll have to take multiple P.E. classes in highschool since P.E. has always been my lowest grade. Last year in 8th, my grade for P.E. started as a 20 for the first 2 quarters, and then I was moved into a different class.. this one had a really rude teacher. Now I have really really severe anxiety, especially social anxiety, and having the teacher yell at me infront of at least 50 other classmates to "actually participate" would make me want to participate less. I was always made fun of because i was really inactive, and a whole lot of people in my school partake in sports so that's a really big thing in my school... Suddenly this summer I decided to become more active. I'm starting to care a little bit more about myself since I'm actually pretty uh... not good looking. I do NOT care in the slightest about appearance towards other people, but if it's myself its a different story. I'm really short, skinny, and underweight with a little bit of chub on my belly and thighs (which isn't very noticeable). My parents yell at me to get out of my room and go play a sport or go outside and take a walk but I don't for many reasons. One; I'm out of shape to the point where I run up 15 stairs and then will be out of breath for about 3 minutes. Two; it's way too hot outside and I burn AND tan extremely easily, and I'm really insecure about my skin and skin tone so I try to stay out of the sun as much as possible. Three , and probably the worst; I'm too skinny but eat A. WHOLE. LOT. Like, you have no idea how much I eat. I'm probably on the VERY edge of having a binge eating disorder. I'm not big on sweets at ALL. Actually, I'm usually commented by a whole lot of people that I'm probably "the most healthy young'n they've ever met." I can. NOT. Stand cake at all. I can not stand it, or any sweets for the matter of fact. I don't like soda and I drink water all the time. I probably go through 5 bottles of it a day. Also, I don't like pizza or anything related to that. Really the only thing I NORMALLy eat that is unhealthy is chips and french fries. Man I could LIVE off of potatoes, it's my favorite food so I normally eat a lot of things thats made from it.
but back to what I was saying paragraphs and paragraphs ago. I'm too skinny. I'm 14, 5'4'', but I'm actually just over 80 pounds. In 6th grade I was 90, almost 100 pounds. For some reason I am loosing weight, but I'm becoming more inactive and unhealthy. I'm told I'm a backwards person for pretty much everything I do, but not literally... It's really bothering me when people say I'm too skinny because I'm not active... Uh. If I get active, all the meat on my body is going to turn into muscles. I do not want that!!!! Muscles are okay but, I'm forced and stressed upon way too much physical activity that if I actually did it my entire body would just turn into muscles. About a week ago I went to my grandmas like I do almost every weekend... Me, my sister, and my grandma, all walked at least 4 miles. I wasn't tired out that badly since I kept going slow and kinda slugging behind them, but once I woke up the next day my legs ACHED and it stayed like that for about 3 whole days. It was horrible. I didn't want to tell my parents since I know they'd make a whole joke about it and be like "well that's because you aren't active" like HOOOOOohhhOOhoHhhhOoooo- Woooh funny funny funny, great, fun, fun for everyone! What do you not get mom? My mom is always making fun of me for not being active like I need to loose weight when I'm already underweight... but not trying to be rude but she's the one that needs activity. She's actually a bit on the overweight side for being almost 40. and not to mention she's a huge hypocrite! She makes fun of me for being online the whole day, but she's the one that spends an average of 5 hours on Facebook a day. I spent more than that, but that doesnt mean she's not the- Okay I uh
I'm really sorry for ranting- um
I needed to get this entire thing out and I just realized I've gone off track a uh... actually a whole lot um. I'll stop ranting and get to what I thought this topic was going to be about.
This was going to be at least a paragraph long but it turned out to be a whole lot longer.
Anyways. If you've read this far congrats, I love you. I'll give you like uh
*gives cookie*
I don't like cookies so you can have these. They're my grandmas and my grandma makes delicious cookies. I hope you enjoy.

Hi, my name is Lynx. I find sports overly boring and sitting out of P.E. class for 40 minutes feels like (Not Exaggerating!) at least 2 whole hours!!! Hi, my name is Lynx, and even though I'm pretty sarcastic I am very honest. *Insert children "yay"ing stock sound effect here*
Hi, my name is Lynxamoniummaximoustoodlydoodlysmishprinceofbellairthesequel III, and I go through panic attacks every morning when I run down the stairs!

Hey hey hey this is past Lynx and I'm here to edit this post and add a TL;DR.
So basically I hate sports. I don't feel like I have the type of body that REQUIRES to be active just to be healthy. In school it causes extreme anxiety and stress and makes me HIGHLY uncomfortable and I'd give up anything to make P.E. class disappear completely.

Last edited:
Ever since I started school I never ever ever put more than the least amount of effort into P.E. class. Primary school is a different story... since it's more playing around and not partaking in actual competitive sports. Now I'm actually a very competitive person, and for those who are into astrology I'm actually an ARIES sign. Aries are very competitive and... active??? I've heard this so many times and I just don't understand why. I know 3 other Aries and they all aren't active or sporty at all.
So back to what I was going to say.
I absolutely hate sports.
I'll be in highschool next month and I've been told by a ton of teachers throughout elementary and middle school that I'll have to take multiple P.E. classes in highschool since P.E. has always been my lowest grade. Last year in 8th, my grade for P.E. started as a 20 for the first 2 quarters, and then I was moved into a different class.. this one had a really rude teacher. Now I have really really severe anxiety, especially social anxiety, and having the teacher yell at me infront of at least 50 other classmates to "actually participate" would make me want to participate less. I was always made fun of because i was really inactive, and a whole lot of people in my school partake in sports so that's a really big thing in my school... Suddenly this summer I decided to become more active. I'm starting to care a little bit more about myself since I'm actually pretty uh... not good looking. I do NOT care in the slightest about appearance towards other people, but if it's myself its a different story. I'm really short, skinny, and underweight with a little bit of chub on my belly and thighs (which isn't very noticeable). My parents yell at me to get out of my room and go play a sport or go outside and take a walk but I don't for many reasons. One; I'm out of shape to the point where I run up 15 stairs and then will be out of breath for about 3 minutes. Two; it's way too hot outside and I burn AND tan extremely easily, and I'm really insecure about my skin and skin tone so I try to stay out of the sun as much as possible. Three , and probably the worst; I'm too skinny but eat A. WHOLE. LOT. Like, you have no idea how much I eat. I'm probably on the VERY edge of having a binge eating disorder. I'm not big on sweets at ALL. Actually, I'm usually commented by a whole lot of people that I'm probably "the most healthy young'n they've ever met." I can. NOT. Stand cake at all. I can not stand it, or any sweets for the matter of fact. I don't like soda and I drink water all the time. I probably go through 5 bottles of it a day. Also, I don't like pizza or anything related to that. Really the only thing I NORMALLy eat that is unhealthy is chips and french fries. Man I could LIVE off of potatoes, it's my favorite food so I normally eat a lot of things thats made from it.
but back to what I was saying paragraphs and paragraphs ago. I'm too skinny. I'm 14, 5'4'', but I'm actually just over 80 pounds. In 6th grade I was 90, almost 100 pounds. For some reason I am loosing weight, but I'm becoming more inactive and unhealthy. I'm told I'm a backwards person for pretty much everything I do, but not literally... It's really bothering me when people say I'm too skinny because I'm not active... Uh. If I get active, all the meat on my body is going to turn into muscles. I do not want that!!!! Muscles are okay but, I'm forced and stressed upon way too much physical activity that if I actually did it my entire body would just turn into muscles. About a week ago I went to my grandmas like I do almost every weekend... Me, my sister, and my grandma, all walked at least 4 miles. I wasn't tired out that badly since I kept going slow and kinda slugging behind them, but once I woke up the next day my legs ACHED and it stayed like that for about 3 whole days. It was horrible. I didn't want to tell my parents since I know they'd make a whole joke about it and be like "well that's because you aren't active" like HOOOOOohhhOOhoHhhhOoooo- Woooh funny funny funny, great, fun, fun for everyone! What do you not get mom? My mom is always making fun of me for not being active like I need to loose weight when I'm already underweight... but not trying to be rude but she's the one that needs activity. She's actually a bit on the overweight side for being almost 40. and not to mention she's a huge hypocrite! She makes fun of me for being online the whole day, but she's the one that spends an average of 5 hours on Facebook a day. I spent more than that, but that doesnt mean she's not the- Okay I uh
I'm really sorry for ranting- um
I needed to get this entire thing out and I just realized I've gone off track a uh... actually a whole lot um. I'll stop ranting and get to what I thought this topic was going to be about.
This was going to be at least a paragraph long but it turned out to be a whole lot longer.
Anyways. If you've read this far congrats, I love you. I'll give you like uh
*gives cookie*
I don't like cookies so you can have these. They're my grandmas and my grandma makes delicious cookies. I hope you enjoy.

Hi, my name is Lynx. I find sports overly boring and sitting out of P.E. class for 40 minutes feels like (Not Exaggerating!) at least 2 whole hours!!! Hi, my name is Lynx, and even though I'm pretty sarcastic I am very honest. *Insert children "yay"ing stock sound effect here*
Hi, my name is Lynxamoniummaximoustoodlydoodlysmishprinceofbellairthesequel III, and I go through panic attacks every morning when I run down the stairs!

I think this is the longest post I HAVE EVER READ... *Eats Cookie* and I agree with you100% bc I'm lazy when doing physical activities

Last edited:
There's 7.5 billion people on Earth so I doubt you're the only one...

But seriously, yeah I hate sports.

I think this is the longest post I HAVE EVER READ... *Eats Cookie* and I agree with you100% bc I'm lazy when doing physical activities

I've seen longer, and I'm actually a huge ranter so you'll expect paragraphs on even the simplest topics of mine :p
My point really wasn't just being lazy, it's more of being incapable of doing physical activities anyways

Not alone, I hate sports with a passion. I've always found sports ridiculous and hate the industry too >.> as for school, I don't mind physical education but I hated the pressure of being graded on it. Like damn I'll dodge a ball if you want me too but you're going to rank me for it? A load of bull.

I really hate sports and working out, but I walk everywhere to help me stay slim. And I hate to admit it, but I probably need to join a gym or something because I'm on medication and the side effects cause weight gain. I really don't have any interest in working out, though, nor do I have the money to spend on a gym membership.

I feel you. P.E. was my least favourite subject in school because sports was the very least of my interests and I was terrible at it, it was either sit out and be in trouble or participate and be teased. Also I didn't understand the point of being assessed on how well I could pull off basketball techniques wtf. Nowadays, though, I enjoy doing some exercise. Just some tiny workouts. I'm thin but some areas of my body need to be tightened, so I do enough to achieve that and that's it. Hate competitive sports.

i love playing sports for fun just with my friends and people i know! however, it isn't as fun to play sports in school or on a local team where everything gets really competitive.

And also I am jealous of your weight ;-; I am lazy like you too, but you weight less than me :T

Even if I was able to go outside every day and exercise, or at least had stairs to go up and down, I would probably be too lazy to do that :lemon:

I've always hated sports. They were always so boring to me, and the fact the school district I went to was sports obsessed didn't help at all. Sports were pretty much prioritized over everything, so it got shoved down my throat the entire time I went there. One time I got failed on a math test for not finishing it in time, because the school had to go watch a basketball game that is how important sports were at my school. :/

I've always liked sports, but gym class in high school was a pita, bc who wants to be sweaty all day (they didnt give you time to shower or anything my school). I'd say its okay to dislike school phys ed class, even if you like sports and being active!!

I've never liked sports. I've just never truly enjoyed an sport, let alone be good at one. Probably the closest would be swimming maybe. All the schools I went to were completely sports orientated. They took over the priority of arts and academics, so if you were into them good luck for being recognised for it. My high school wasn't quite as bad, but sports was still prioritized with making the whole school attend the major sporting events (like athletics, swimming sports etc.). But I always hated during my schooling life how sporting was always celebrated so heavily. Physical Education is another story altogether!

- if you want to keep whatever health you currently have in old age, sports or activity is a great way to do it
- sports are most likely free if you're currently in school, take advantage of that 'cause it will get expensive in the future
- just 'cause you hate /sports/ doesn't mean there isn't a sport for you, or atleast one you can enjoy w/ friends
- sports are meant to be a social activity, if you don't enjoy it and you're with ya friends, get new friends

That is a..mega wall of text. I hate tl;dr's but you might need one.

I like sports but I don't care when it becomes angry competitive. Once it passes that threshold, it ruins the fun. P.E. wasn't ever enjoyable because I mostly remember being yelled at for not playing good enough by my yelly classmates. Boy those were the days.

I enjoy playing sports casually with pals. I'm more of a racket and ball type of gal. Ping-pong, tennis, badminton; you name it. 😉

I hated everything about P.E in school, so much that, despite it being mandatory, I stopped doing it around the 3rd year of highschool, I just couldn't. I used to go to the gym every morning for around a year, I liked it as long as the gym was empty. I like badminton, but I hate most group sports, I don't do them. Basically it's not sports / exercise I don't like, because I do sometimes, it's just group exercises or other people seeing me exercise that makes me really.... uncomfortable.

I wouldn't say hate with all my strength but I don't get like being in a soccer club or whatever, I just don't have the interest to do more than like walking and eating healthy and stuff.

I don't mind watching eg. ski jumping and swimming on the tv though.

I love to work out but I hate sporting activities. Everyone in my area seems to love sports and cars and I'm just not like that at all.

i do put effort into p.e because im a good kid and i don't want the teacher to think i'm slacking off but i'd never go out of my way to do sports. i'm also not competitive at all. it's alright if i'm in a big team and the sport is very relaxed but if it's going to be one on one or it's going to be really tense and everyone's pushing their expectations on you/your team i always am de motivated or if i'm going solo i purposely lose

Back