• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The food in this game!

Anactoria

Bells
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Green Candy
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
White Pansy
And I'm not talking about the apples and bamboo shoots that your character can eat. I'm talking about the stuff villagers talk about and some of the furniture items as well. Has anyone noticed how diverse and scrumptious it all is? Like no, you don't just eat spaghetti, you eat spaghetti topped with parmesan and olive slices. You drink kombucha. You have paella. It's all so specific and well-thought out. I think the creators/translators knew their food. And also does this happen in just the English rendition? If anyone has the game in another language, are the foods the same but just translated?

Last edited:
I guess it depends where you're from. I find it fun and more like, "Oh I've had that!"

I'm also a big foodie, so the rice cooker, you can customize it to unagi (eel), sakura blossoms/petals? and whatever. Usually I'm like, "damn I want some unagi."

Also reminds me I've had friends to tell me to try kombucha. I'll probably write that on my grocery list next time.

I know, right?
"I need some dessert after the _______I had, find me a fruit."
Kyle really likes panna cotta, it's usually what he talks about.

I think about this all the time (also playing the English language version)! I had never heard of a few of the foods they mentioned, either. Tarte tatin, peach lassi, kombucha like you said... Zucker JUST mentioned papas bravas in a conversation... clearly these animals are much more worldly than I am :D

He also just mentioned mint ice cream. I feel strangely reassured.

Yeah, I do wonder whether it's just cultural diversity and foreign foods that make me think "ooh fancy" (which is partly why I was wondering about localizations).

And it's true, I've yet to hear a meat suggestion other than fish. Although Hazel has asked whether she should keep a squirrel as a pet...

I've never heard of 90% of the stuff they bring up.. when Olivia referenced mac and cheese, I knew there was good in the world.

Today Molly asked me what to drink with her creamed spinach - blah :p - I wish I'd had the option to tell her not to eat that.

Yeah, I do wonder whether it's just cultural diversity and foreign foods that make me think "ooh fancy" (which is partly why I was wondering about localizations).

And it's true, I've yet to hear a meat suggestion other than fish. Although Hazel has asked whether she should keep a squirrel as a pet...

I will be worry if you have another squirrel in your town and one day you saw he/she gone missing lol

Last edited:
To be perfectly honest it made me very happy to see one of my villagers mention borscht and some of my other favourite dishes. ^^
I'm very pleased with the effort they put into making the game more international.

I've never heard of 90% of the stuff they bring up.. when Olivia referenced mac and cheese, I knew there was good in the world.

When Dobie referenced mac and cheese, he immediately followed it up with "I like it with chunks of gouda melted in it." Now I want gouda-infused mac and cheese!

Actually i believe Paella is a Spanish dish and one of those dishes you are suppose to collect everything from your cupboard and make. Can be known as street food i think (but i can be very very wrong). So not that fancy.

Stitches went on about leaving a coconut cream pie behind before moving to my town..it made it really sad cause A. I am NUTS about Coconut. I will try to roll in it (in fact technically i do with soaps and shampoo lol). B. I want the coconut cream pie, it really sounds delicious.

Other times i know what you mean they have like either really fancy names or fancy ways to eat them/cook them other times its foreign and i have no idea what they're going on about.

What i do know is when Benedict went on about Fish and Chips i knew everything was okay <3

Back