• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

TBT Fair 2017: Share Your Entries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laudine

だるいよー
Staff
Project Staff
Artist
Apple 🍎
Mango 🥭
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
2418-5321-0624
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Carnival Pinwheel
Skull Glow Wand
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Friendly Ghost Plush
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Black Sheep Plush
Friendly Ghost Plush
While you must post your entry in the official Submissions boards in order to enter the contests, you can also post your entries in this thread if you wish to share them with everyone!

Keep in mind that it's your choice if you wish to use this thread or not and remember that this does not count as an official entry. You must submit through the official Submissions board to actally enter the contests.

My submission to the Retro Drawing Contest:

attachment.php

It's a picture of three arcade machines, but it looks like it came out of an arcade game screen.

And yes, I used Microsoft Paint to design this. You would easily figure out how I actually made all these pixels.

Last edited:
Here's my villager contest entry, I wish there were lizards in Animal Crossing so bad.

Villager name:Slink
Villager species:Skink(Blue Tongue)
Villager personality:Smug
Villager catchphrase:Take it easy.
Backstory: Born an old soul, Slink set off to find himself at a young age with nothing more than a guitar in his hands and an RV in his name. He went around the world and spread good times and great music wherever he went. One day he stopped at an RV camp in a small town and met a groovy dog of like minds named Harv. The two jammed all night long and Harv convinced him to stay. Slink settled into his small town life and now spends his days writing songs, drinking organic tea, listening to his vinyl, and bugging the mayor to build a clothing optional hot spring.
Home photo:
Vqxv4HD.jpg

(Definitely maybe probably not inspired by Sheila because she's my hippie turt.)

My Design a Villager & Interior submission:

Villager name: Holly

Villager species: Penguin

Villager personality: Peppy

Villager catchphrase: jolly

Backstory: Holly is an Adelie penguin chick from the North Pole. Her birthday is December 25th. She loves Toy Day, sweet foods, coffee, and music. She only hates pessimists, sour foods. She is also good at baking. Her favorite season is winter, and she's more likely to send gifts than any other villager, regardless of friendship status.

Home photo:
attachment.php

Last edited:
My Design a Villager & Interior submission:

Villager name: Holly

Villager species: Penguin

Villager personality: Peppy

Villager catchphrase: jolly

Backstory: Holly is an Adelie penguin chick from the North Pole. Her birthday is December 25th. She loves Toy Day, sweet foods, coffee, and music. She only hates pessimists, sour foods. She is also good at baking. Her favorite season is winter, and she's more likely to send gifts than any other villager, regardless of friendship status.

Home photo:
attachment.php

I cant see any of your photos ;o

I cant see any of your photos ;o

I submitted the photos as attachments rather than imgur photos. I wonder how the staff could put them in the poll if this was the case (just in case if I get nominated).

EDIT: I can actually see them when logged out. I wonder why some can see, but not others?

Last edited:
Here's my villager contest entry, I wish there were lizards in Animal Crossing so bad.

Backstory: Born an old soul, Slink set off to find himself at a young age with nothing more than a guitar in his hands and an RV in his name. He went around the world and spread good times and great music wherever he went. One day he stopped at an RV camp in a small town and met a groovy dog of like minds named Harv. The two jammed all night long and Harv convinced him to stay. Slink settled into his small town life and now spends his days writing songs, drinking organic tea, listening to his vinyl, and bugging the mayor to build a clothing optional hot spring.
Home photo:
Vqxv4HD.jpg

(Definitely maybe probably not inspired by Sheila because she's my hippie turt.)

oh my god if you don't win anything ..guys eat my boots!

I LOVE THIS (yeah i might be bias now but tbh has anyone ever done a hippie villager before??)

Villager name: pebble
Villager species: albino snake
that's all I'm giving to the public

My entry for the Retro Room Renovation:

IMG_1166.JPG

A dine-in arcade. You can eat, play games, and enjoy the scenery.

Home photo:
Vqxv4HD.jpg

That's the life right there. If this were a real villager I would love him forever and ever :blush:

Thanks. I may not be good at art, but the Animal Crossing ones, I am very good at.

Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses haha. I assume that the game you used was Happy Home Designer? Sorry if I'm wrong, I don't know anything about the game tbh, so the picture looks fascinating to me xD (like villagers actually interacting with furniture, and a hecking discoball? Sign me up)

I don't mind sharing my entry. I really wanted to spice it up with some creativity so I added my own custom arcade games.

dahkNWH.jpg

- Bottom Left: Ticket Prize Booth
- Center: Arcade Machines + Ticket Wheel
- Bottom Right: Bubble Gum Machine + Pinball
- Top Right: Pin Knock Down Game + Strength Test Game + Ring Toss
- Top Left: Soda Machine + Jukebox

I don't mind sharing my entry. I really wanted to spice it up with some creativity so I added my own custom arcade games.

dahkNWH.jpg

Oh my gosh what the heck I love your room! Seriously like the 3 games in the back, that's so creative :0

dahkNWH.jpg

The "hammer" game is so creative! It looks just like the ones you see at arcades/fairs so it's crazy to think that's a clock! :)

dahkNWH.jpg

Nice! It's both a carnival and an arcade.

I had a cute story to go with for a villager, the rest just kind of made itself

Villager name: Orion
Villager species: Wolf
Villager personality: Smug
Villager catchphrase: comet
Backstory: Orion is a solid, jet black wolf with white tips on his hands, feet, muzzle, and ears with brilliant blue eyes and wears a night sky tee. Orion was always a dreamer and all of those dreams centered around the beauty of the night sky. Whether it was capturing its mystery in poetry or simply admiring his love from afar, he spent all of his time obsessing over the soft glimmer of the stars and staring off into the never ending abyss of the darkness above. One day while lounging in the grass staring at the night sky, he sensed another presence: another wolf by the name of Stella who also shared a deep seeded love of the cosmos. They quickly became fast friends, but was short-lived as Astrid was training to be an astronaut. Her maiden voyage ended in tragedy as her space shuttle lost all communication while going to the moon. Orion spends his days now in his home continuing to capture the magnificence of the night, gazing longingly at the sky, all while hoping to catch a glimpse of his most favorite star again one day.
Home photo:
S8r92sS.jpg

Here's my entry for the design a villager contest!

Villager name: Vandra
Villager species: Bat
Villager personality: Uchi
Villager catchphrase: Vampy
Backstory: Though she might be short, her kooky clothing and rambuncious personality, ensure there's no chance you'll miss her! Don't let her appearance frighten you however, she's actually quite the sweetheart (if you can get past the fangs).

Originally from Transylvania, This young bat eventually grew tired of her sleepy life there and decided to spread her wings to somewhere more...lively.
Her eccentric personality and taste for all things victorian and gothic are reflected in her home, where she spends most of her daylight hours.
Filled with 19th century classics like Frankenstein and Dracula to read, a grand piano for practicing Beethoven and Bach, and a suspicious lack of mirrors make her cozy abode a paradise for lovers of all things eerie!

So why don't you come on over and stay awhile? She'd love to have you and she won't bite. (probably)

Home photo:
TvQxWqv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back