• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT Fair 2017: Share Your Entries!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_ovgw1qEiAZ1salcvto2_r1_1280.png

my entry for the drawing!

it's fact, every office worker isn't always doing office work. Especially when they're in every day, all day, like Isabelle is... >_> Also i made her last name "Moran", as Lucy Moran from Twin Peaks, my favorite oldie tv show, first aired in 1990, so very retro~ Lucy reminds me so much of Isabelle, it's how I imagine she would look as a human and sound (though lucy is a bit more sassy)

This is soooo cute! I wish I could draw this good :'D

Finally finished my villager / room entry, I tried to keep with the retro / 80's theme of the other contests and the fair!

Villager name: Mike

Villager species: Dog

Villager personality: Jock

Villager catchphrase: Young'in!

Backstory: Mike is an old dog, and the saying "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" certainly applies to him! He may be the oldest village resident by far, but nobody knows his true age, the other villagers gossip though, and estimate he's far into his 50's. Despite dressing (and acting) like he jumped right out of the 80's!

Mike was popular in the 80's, he was the lead in a boyband, but now his spot has been taken by K.K. Slider (curse that new dog! - as Mike would say) and he hasn't been able to step out of the times ever since, he even still wears his gold chain - think your Grandpa dressing like he's in an 80's hip-hop band, yeah, that's Mike.

Signs of the 80's even still remain in is house, doesn't it look like a young adult room from some 80's movie? Talking of 80's movies, despite having a T.V, that's all Mike watches (along with clips of his band performing...). However, Mike is always looking out for the other residents in the village, always happy to host an 80's movie marathon and talk to you for hours about how amazing the "old days" were...

Home photo:

1llEEK5.jpg

Here is my entry for the retro arcade. I tried buying some arcade machines and playing with them, but I didn't like the way it was coming out. So here is some live action Pong. I also couldn't find a white ball so I redid my character's hair. lol

View attachment 206936

oh my god i love this... i hope you win something or at least get a mention maaann

I can't really draw all that well so I made my entry out of the select tool and shape tool in Photoshop with custom text being used as a resource.

ZDJdTWM.png

20170831_235109 copy.jpg
Here is what I've been doing so far for the real life pixel event. I messed up in some spots, but I'm too tired to care. Just need to add the feathers and I'll be done.

xoUvr.png
i only had one dry erase board, two markers and zero talent but i really wanted to participate i'm sorry

Last edited:
i feel you man..mine probably just look way too doodle just because i like to use the air brush because it gives a cool painting feeling.

Just found out about this thread! Man, all of your entries look so incredible. *0*

I wish I could edit my entry but it's too late for me haha. Such beautimous rooms. ;;
QTs4DHZ.jpg

I regret not adding an ice cream parlor section. XD
I went a bit symmetry crazy with this room.

XcP7hG7.jpg

here's my room for the villager contest. I know villager rooms aren't decorated like that, or that big, but we can dream. The qr codes for the holes took forever since I had to keep going back and forth to match it with the wall layers. It's sad tho that they don't have the exact colours for them :(

Last edited:
Here's my art submission, it's not amazing but I think it turned out alright.
Cx8WC2G.jpg

My design-a-villager entry

Villager name: Dahlia
Villager species: Horse
Villager personality: Snooty
Villager catchphrase: Neigh-bor
Backstory: Dahlia is a white horse with a black mane and tail, and green eyes. Raised on a farm by her parents, Dahlia quickly discovered her love for flowers and other greenery. She loved taking care of different plants and seeing them happy and thriving. What fascinated her the most was trying to grow different sorts of hybrid flower variants.

Later, she won the farmers? market for the most beautiful flower. All the praise she received for her unique colored hybrids made her snobby, and being the overambitious horse she was, she decided to move to the big city. With her hardworking attitude she was sure she would make it big. However, in reality it was way harder than she had ever imagined. Customers rarely showed up, and when she could no longer afford to pay her bills, Dahlia was forced to move to the small town of Animal Crossing. Her big flop left her quite embarrassed. She grew timid, something that made her appear colder. Nowadays she has regained most of her confidence and she is still growing hybrids. In her spare time she loves chatting with Leif, even if she has a hard time understanding his relaxed attitude.

Home photo:
View attachment 207224

Villager name: Kelly
Villager species: Dog
Villager personality: Uchi
Villager catchphrase: 'pup'
Backstory: Kelly is a Tan point Blue Merle Australian Shepard, her tail is docked, her feet are white and she has one blue eye and one brown. She's out and about mornings and evenings, she loves being outside and on rainy days, she carries the Maple Umbrella. She's either from or going to San Francisco, she's the eldest of three, her favorite song is K.K Disco, and her initial shirt is the Chick Tank. You'll most likely find her on the beach, watering the flowers or on the benches, enjoying the day.
Home photo:
taPgMdH.jpg

OK! Here are some of mine!

Art Contest

MNXbA8wh.jpg

Villager Design

Name: Bobble
Personality: Lazy
Catchphrase: Bubbles

Backstory:
Bobble is a far out little dragon. He is light blue with neon purple back spikes. Bobble is a twin. He has a bodacious brother named Bubble that our very own gnarly member, Coach, will tell you all about. Bobble is a bit of a hoarder. He collected lots of dropped items from his previous adventures with his brother and displays them proudly in his home. While he misses Bubble greatly, he is enjoying his new excellent adventure on his own. Bobble is a rad little dude that would love to make your town his next bogus journey.

ivu5h0Rh.jpg

And my arcade

wllezVrh.jpg

Here's my villager and interior submission!

Name: Mysti

Species: Pegasus

Description: Mysti is a pale lavender pegasus with shiny silver wings, hooves, mane, and tail. Her eyes are brown and heavily lashed. Mysti loves the sky and misses the days when she flew about up there freely, so she made her house as close as possible to her favorite place. She also likes cute/pastel things so she fills her house with furniture that matches her tastes. Her older brother Julian is a unicorn due to the two species breeding, but they get along just fine. In fact, both of them found nice towns to live in after they fell from the heavens. Mysti wears a silk-bloom tee that compliments her lavender skin.

House Interior:

Pw9bDCj.jpg

Last edited:
My villager submission:

Villager name: Raver
Villager species: Lion
Villager personality: Smug
Villager catchphrase: groovy rad
Backstory: Raver is a golden-tannish lion with a brown, wavy, tired-looking mane. He often wears a pair of old black shades. Having an avid love for music, he yearned to become a rock star on his own. He started out on the streets with his country guitar, playing all the folk songs he knew by heart and the new hits that came out. Though Raver made some progress in performing in small clubs and even holding concerts in his own house, he never made it big. Now, life has made Raver a very humble lion. After settling down, he learned to play and collect all sorts of instruments. Raver idolizes K.K Slider because he relates so strongly to how K.K began his career out on the streets like he did. Raver doesn't talk about his past much, but whenever a friend or a guest stops by his house, Raver gives them a little rendition of his dream. Some may think that his home is stuck in the past and out of style, but there's one thing they agree on: his music is spot on.
Home photo:
HLnHfqk.jpg

il just share my favorite the villager one
Villager name: Rotreo

Villager species: Zebra

Villager personality: Jock

Villager catchphrase: just chill and sport

Backstory: I was born in the late 80?s I feel myself as a 90?s but no everyone want me as if I was an 80?s. the room represent my love for classics stuff yet a modernized for this age around. I know I?m a bad boy with my bike shirt and my beautiful blue sapphires eyes and a soft black hair. Everyone with their disco party and I?m just like ?dude lets ride our skates or play in the arcade? and majority don?t want that so I hang most of my time alone but who cares as long, as I can keep my stripes of enjoyment I?m good. Love my 80?s song but I?ll be honest my styles goes to the 90?s feel. Love to play pool and skateboards my team always cheer for me whenever my teams win and to celebrate well of course wine as my favorite and no disco party. ?well dude there my biography now gotta run the stripes are calling me to win to the top?.
Team stripe = his made-up team for his friends who love pools and skateboards and that competes for his city where he used to live before moving with his life

Home photo: B1qBm9O.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back