TBT Fair 2017: Share Your Entries!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the contests are closed, I can finally look at this thread! (if I had done it before I would have been too embarrassed to submit my entries after seeing all this amazing work!!)

This thread is truly eye candy, everything is so creative :D Thank you for sharing! I wish I could leave a less generic comment, but yeah, I'm loving the entries and hope to see more posted (^▽^)

yEB11bJ.png
A little disappointed I couldn't add several ideas I originally had planned, but that's what I get for mostly working on this on the last week.
● A handful of characters were scrapped from series such as Metroid and Starfox. Arwings were going to fly out from behind the 4:3 TV. Samus was going to shot down metroids while on top of her gunship.
● The kid at the bottom, representing you as the player at a young age was going to be surrounded with more 80s to 90s memorabilia on the floor, before being cut to just a head. Comics, trading cards (screenshots from TV shows/movies), a bowl of nintendo's officially licenced cereal "The Nintendo Cereal System" and other sugary treats, plushes of my pet monster and carebears, ninja turtles and he-man action figures, and it goes on.
● The lightning/time rips were going to have snapshots recreated from their respected games in the background...this out of the other two I really wanted to keep most.

Ah, Chibi Darlin' ... I was trying to decide which little character or aspect I loved the best, but I gave up! It is all in its entirety too wonderful! This is an awesome piece of art and a pure pleasure to gaze at!
♥ ♥ ♥

Awwww, thanks people for all the likes ♥ ♥ Glad to see so many people liked it.. I mean, I did feel satisfied only after some time looking at it since I have a.. special style to it but seeing other people finding it nice means a lot :blush:

Entry Arcade

Here's my entry for the arcade room contest. I can understand why I didn't win, I was late to the event and tomnorrow on that day's time point I had to go stay somewhere there's no internet, for the weekend, so I couldn't prepare for the contest that day either. Either way, I'm glad I entered anyways.

Attachments

• HNI_0051.JPG
    HNI_0051.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 202
My Bucket of Paint entry was incomplete when I sent it, because my arm was too tired to color any further, but it was trash because I had no access to the paint bucket tool on mobile. I have no idea why I earned Tickets from it though...

I thought I would post my art entry ... it's what my signature and avatar was based on ... I couldn't get the background effect I wanted (like an old video game screen) and it's all kind of lame ... but I had fun researching my old fave characters ... I really loved Frogger ❤️

qYIwTs0.jpg

I thought I would post my art entry ... it's what my signature and avatar was based on ... I couldn't get the background effect I wanted (like an old video game screen) and it's all kind of lame ... but I had fun researching my old fave characters ... I really loved Frogger ❤️

qYIwTs0.jpg

Wow Penn your entry is so nice! All the characters look so cute :) Also may I ask what the green creature in the bottom left corner is? It seems so familiar but I can't place my finger on it rip

I posted this in the museum but I thought it'd also be appropriate here too? (maybe).
But I decided to draw my villager from the design a villager contest (cuz you can't expect me to make a character and simply NOT draw them).
So here's a somewhat sloppy doodle of her:

8K0xqzCh.png

She's a leopard with the snooty personality.

This was also the room I had for her but eh:
ZqV3mvb.jpg

Last edited:
I posted this in the museum but I thought it'd also be appropriate here too? (maybe).
But I decided to draw my villager from the design a villager contest (cuz you can't expect me to make a character and simply NOT draw them).
So here's a somewhat sloppy doodle of her:

8K0xqzCh.png

She's a leopard with the snooty personality.

This was also the room I had for her but eh:
ZqV3mvb.jpg

YOURE CHEREMTASY. I WAS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHO IT WAS OMG. YOURE ART IS INSANEEEEEEEEE I LOVE IT

- - - Post Merge - - -

When I opened the voting for the art I was like WHOA AMAZING THATS SO SICK when I saw yours. Youre so good!

YOURE CHEREMTASY. I WAS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHO IT WAS OMG. YOURE ART IS INSANEEEEEEEEE I LOVE IT

- - - Post Merge - - -

When I opened the voting for the art I was like WHOA AMAZING THATS SO SICK when I saw yours. Youre so good!

OMG for real??? I'm so flattered! :'D (but yes, it's me, rip I was too shy to say which one was mine..)
I'm also kinda laughing because when I saw yours I was like WAIT who did this?? (yours is definitely one of my favs, seriously) Eventually I connected the dots because I saw you around before and noticed you had 2 trophies for past drawing contests, and since Luffy was in your entry I was like waiT Monkey D Luffy?? (and then everything made sense)

OMG for real??? I'm so flattered! :'D (but yes, it's me, rip I was too shy to say which one was mine..)
I'm also kinda laughing because when I saw yours I was like WAIT who did this?? (yours is definitely one of my favs, seriously) Eventually I connected the dots because I saw you around before and noticed you had 2 trophies for past drawing contests, and since Luffy was in your entry I was like waiT Monkey D Luffy?? (and then everything made sense)

Yeaaa boi! Youre so good. I was the same about yours lmao.

I put luffy in my past two entries so Im just sticking with it lol xD

Last edited:
Wow Penn your entry is so nice! All the characters look so cute :) Also may I ask what the green creature in the bottom left corner is? It seems so familiar but I can't place my finger on it rip

Heh heh .... dats Frogger!! ... and that's the truck barreling down on him but his eye is on the fly!
And I absolutely LOVE your snooty leopard Aceline!! ❤️

Heh heh .... dats Frogger!! ... and that's the truck barreling down on him but his eye is on the fly!
And I absolutely LOVE your snooty leopard Aceline!! ❤️

OH yes! Heck I forgot all about Frogger but I used to play it when I was just a little kid omg... man though rip Frogger please move outta the way before it's too late xD

Aww thanks haha, I'm glad you do. :>

Posting some of my entries now that the contests are over!

Retro drawing: not exactly ACNL or particularly game based, but the 80s to me is basically [awesome] zombie movies/B-horrors and bad fashion. So I combined them into a street fighter style scenario! (jazzercise vs zombies)
dizzybone_retroart.jpg

Retro arcade: maybe made it more flowerpower rather than 80s but I had the wall design in my patterns already so i went with it lmao
WVW69knMMhsSNRb9gH

Paint bucket: main challenge
julesmainentry.jpg

Paint bucket: last weekly
lastpaintbucket.jpg

glad to have finally participated in a bell tree fair! been on this forum since 2013 but it was my first one ^o^ thx staff for the fun times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back