• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

TBT Fair 2017: Share Your Entries!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my entry for the Design a Villager contest!

Villager name: Rhea
Villager species: Deer
Villager personality: Normal
Villager catchphrase: Amant

Backstory: Named after the Greek Titan and mother of Zeus, Rhea was born into a poverty driven and deprived family during Greece?s tragic hyperinflation. From a young age, Rhea unfortunately suffered from abuse and misfortune, tearing her family apart. Despite her struggles, Rhea always grew to be a loving and somehow, motherly figure to those around her, developing a taste for traditional culture and travel as she matured. As she became of age, Rhea left her homeland to study abroad and provide for her family as best as she can. While scouring the planet, Rhea witnessed many wonders of the world including the iconic ?Big Apple?, bizarre Moai statues of Easter Island, traditional culture of the Japanese and the alluring waters of Niagara Falls.

Rhea eventually settled down after completing her studies abroad; pursuing a life of traditional culture and explored the many corners of the world, helping those in need in whatever way possible. Wherever she goes, Rhea deliver?s her story, igniting a passion and inspiration in others. Driving people forward and showing others, background should not change who you are.

Home photo:

WVW69knZbEUvDzChOc.jpg

i submitted my rooms a week ago and here they are

arcade:
5RdVzWM.jpg

design a room

Villager name: Winnie
Villager species: Dog (Corgi)
Villager personality: Normal
Villager catchphrase: Sunny
Backstory: Growing up, Winnie has always loved two thing which is the outdoor and books. although she has always loved the outdoors a tad more than her books. Winnie wishes she could be outdoor all the time but she knows better than to stay under the sun for too long. So, what does Winnie do so she could be outoor or at least feel like she's outside? Transform her house into the great outdoor of course! Now Winnie is happy because she can sit back and read her book inside while feeling shes outside at the same time! Also, if you ever need a good book, go to Winnie! She will recommend you a book you'll love!
BZZMF5l.jpg

yEB11bJ.png
A little disappointed I couldn't add several ideas I originally had planned, but that's what I get for mostly working on this on the last week.
● A handful of characters were scrapped from series such as Metroid and Starfox. Arwings were going to fly out from behind the 4:3 TV. Samus was going to shot down metroids while on top of her gunship.
● The kid at the bottom, representing you as the player at a young age was going to be surrounded with more 80s to 90s memorabilia on the floor, before being cut to just a head. Comics, trading cards (screenshots from TV shows/movies), a bowl of nintendo's officially licenced cereal "The Nintendo Cereal System" and other sugary treats, plushes of my pet monster and carebears, ninja turtles and he-man action figures, and it goes on.
● The lightning/time rips were going to have snapshots recreated from their respected games in the background...this out of the other two I really wanted to keep most.

Yeeeeee

^yeah that idea was fun to do! i love the turt messing with nes too but yeah that tv and nes was a bit pain to do since i had to draw most pixels rather then fill em.

background is airbrushed to get different blue tones and the rest is p much airbrushed too to get the painting look so yeah it's effort :3

Rip any chance of winning anything with these amazing entries :lemon:

Omg all these entries are so good I'm just gonna be curled up in a corner weeping

All of you have nice entries.

I still have hope to win first place in one of them. The only collectible I want more than the Tetris Collectible is the gold trophy collectible.

I'm not sure if you're trying to copy or just liked the idea of a pegasus too.

But anyway, my little Angelina would like to "hang out" with Mysti's brother....;)

I'm not trying to copy anyone. I made that before I even looked at this thread.

hahaha oh man i'm dying inside lmao
i thought i had a chance in hell for the villager contest but boy mcfrickin howdy i was Very Wrong

I love seeing these entries, especially the drawings! they all look great!

I never got around to entering the art contest and I'm not super jazzed about my arcade entry, but I really had a lot of fun with the design-a-villager contest so here's my entry!

OK, here's my revised version. according to my word processor it should be exactly 200 words now, but please let me know if I'm off! thank you!

Villager name: Posey
Villager species: owl (like Blathers and Celeste)
Villager personality: uchi
Villager catchphrase: "Bloomy!"
Backstory: Posey is a light brown owl with a creamy white belly, green eyes, and warm pink accented feathers on top of her head that form a rose-like shape as her ?hair?. She loves plants, especially flowers, and really enjoys gardening in particular. Her favorite gift to give and receive is flowers, with a particular fondness for roses and carnations. Her favorite season is springtime, during which she likes taking long walks and hunting for four-leaf clovers and searching for shells that have washed up on the beach. Despite favoring a seemingly soft, feminine aesthetic, she can come off as tomboyish and even rather blunt due to her ?big sister? personality, but she just prefers to tell it like it is. She truly embodies a strong yet soft persona, caring deeply for her friends and neighbors and never afraid to get into a fight if she needs to protect her loved ones. She?s even known to pull the occasional prank, so don?t trust her with a pitfall seed! But more often than not, Posey coexists peacefully with her townmates and lives a simple but fulfilling life, tending to her plants and enjoying a good book or a warm cup of coffee.

Home photo:

Avqp1cP.jpg

also, I took several other screenshots for the room that I of course couldn't include in my entry, so I guess this isn't a bad place to post them, right? if this isn't an appropriate use for this thread let me know and I can get rid of this part!

WN9eHBJ.jpg

g2rLeIm.jpg

KTrYzuD.jpg

mDq4qI1.jpg

retro room renovation entry:

design-a-villager entry:

Villager name: Discoe
Villager species: Sheep
Villager personality: Peppy
Villager catchphrase: "ewe star"
Backstory: Discoe?s astounding glittering lilac-toned holographic wool coat makes her unmissable, although she doesn?t need that to stand out as her impeccable dancing skills will catch anyone?s eye ? she?s just like a disco ball on the dance floor! Surprisingly her signature look of sprinkled star-shaped sequins and lengthy lashes stays in tact through her entire performances, she?s always glowing. Her main inspiration for her love of dancing and music was through the encouragement of K.K. Slider himself ? who was one of the first to notice Discoe?s flair and talent, when she was of a younger age, whilst attending one of his concerts (and her first time going to one). Ever since, her passion and determination grows every day ? resulting in hours of practice but bringing her such joy and fulfilment as it?s the only thing she lives for ? forever being an aspiring star.
Home photo:
View attachment 206551

I wish I had enough time for the art entry too but as always, nah​

HNI_0013_JPG.JPG

Everyone's entries look so good ;-;

so many of us used the lunar wall in the arcade omg hahah Anyone else do it because of Pizza Planet in Toy Story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back