TBT Fair 2017: Share Your Entries!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone wake laudine! the new banner is a disgrace to The Fair 2k17! (jk it's cool, mad art skills require sleep, and comic sans makes it acceptable).

b/c i love bats and wish there was a cute little smug bat villager..

Villager name: Vlad
Villager species: Vampire Bat
Villager personality: Smug
Villager catchphrase: I see, very well!
Backstory: While his species may be a bit indimating, and his room broody, Vlad is actually one of the most endearingly dorky villagers you could meet. Coming from the kingdom of Romania, he is the youngest and most docile of his two brothers, Nosferatu and Draculair, who tease him lovingly in their letters. Rather than seeing other creatures as prey, Vlad sees them as a fascinating subject of study; in fact the main reason he moved into town is to assimilate and learn more about them up close and personal. He is a bit of a bookworm, and can be found with his face buried in a heavy tome rather than in some flesh. He feeds only on red fruits and veggies. His poor eyesight, natural for his species, is made even worse to the point he has to wear spectacles. He dons suspenders pants, combed-over hair, and a little red bowtie, giving him quite a modern hipster appearance-- a step up from the typical cloak-and-popped-collar that would be expected of a blood-sucker. He speaks with a heavy Romanian accent & a slight lisp. His height is equivalent to the squirrel species. Alternative Visual
Home photo:
hni_0083_by_tifachu-dbm6kc5.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my villager and interior submission!

Name: Mysti

Species: Pegasus

Description: Mysti is a pale lavender pegasus with shiny silver wings, hooves, mane, and tail. Her eyes are brown and heavily lashed. Mysti loves the sky and misses the days when she flew about up there freely, so she made her house as close as possible to her favorite place. She also likes cute/pastel things so she fills her house with furniture that matches her tastes. Her older brother Julian is a unicorn due to the two species breeding, but they get along just fine. In fact, both of them found nice towns to live in after they fell from the heavens. Mysti wears a silk-bloom tee that compliments her lavender skin.

House Interior:

Pw9bDCj.jpg

I'm not sure if you're trying to copy or just liked the idea of a pegasus too.

But anyway, my little Angelina would like to "hang out" with Mysti's brother....;)

It's the end of the contests so might as well share my completed villager entry ?\_(ツ)_/?

Villager name: Sean
Villager species: Bengal Cat
Villager personality: Jock
Villager catchphrase: duuude

Backstory:
Sean is based off an '80s surfer, along with his name being a pun on the word 'sea'.
-
Sean is a pale blue bengal cat with short, droopy ears, and wears a gray tank. His fur is always constantly matted and soaked due to his love of surfing. His fur goes to the point of covering his eyes from being so wet that no one knows what they look like for sure.

Sean is extremely loud and extroverted, even at times obnoxious, but it takes a lot to take him down in the dumps and is like a personal cheerleader for his friends. Often times, you can find him dreaming of the plans he has to travel across the world with his surfboard alone.

In his house plays the seashell version of K.K. Love Song, with the waves of the sea crashing along with it, as his home is right on the sea. Other than surfing, he also enjoys to rest with his friends by his town's fire pit if he isn't playing on his NES.

Home photo:
64OIWLV.jpg

Its time to share these really-late entries. I was pretty quick on both of them:

Design A Villager & Interior:

Villager name: Fiesta
Villager species: Horse
Villager personality: Lazy
Villager catchphrase: Smashing
Backstory:Fiesta is a Pinata Horse that really loves to have parties and birthday parties to be exact. It may be cannibalism, but he really loves to eat candy, lots and lots of candy to stuff him up. The parties that he likes to throw are any types of parties. Being rave parties, sophisticated parties, party parties, and his personal favorite, Mexican parties. Which makes sense as he was born in a Mexican-like world.
On the other hand, he may or may not like birthday parties, which ironically is what his house is. He does love the beginning part, where they chatter, have a birthday cake, presents. But he doesn't like it at all when he's hung up and beaten to death by kids with swinging bats. (Or any other kind of hard hitting object) But luckily, due to people seeing how carefree he is, nobody has ever made him go through that torture and use a different Pinata instead.
So if you're looking for a character who enjoys parties, why not invite him over to your house sometime?
Home photo:
rDQTe0v.jpg

Retro Room Renovation:

OACivde.jpg

I find this good. I did my best.​

here's my retro arcade room entry!

it's Retro Arcade: 1983!

everything fron the 80's arcades is there:
some stand-up coin-ops, table-top coin-ops, pinball,
a quik-shot hoops game, and a few kiddie games as well.
plus the surly attendant.
the only thing missing is the ashtrays!

35k6zEm.jpg

yEB11bJ.png
A little disappointed I couldn't add several ideas I originally had planned, but that's what I get for mostly working on this on the last week.
● A handful of characters were scrapped from series such as Metroid and Starfox. Arwings were going to fly out from behind the 4:3 TV. Samus was going to shot down metroids while on top of her gunship.
● The kid at the bottom, representing you as the player at a young age was going to be surrounded with more 80s to 90s memorabilia on the floor, before being cut to just a head. Comics, trading cards (screenshots from TV shows/movies), a bowl of nintendo's officially licenced cereal "The Nintendo Cereal System" and other sugary treats, plushes of my pet monster and carebears, ninja turtles and he-man action figures, and it goes on.
● The lightning/time rips were going to have snapshots recreated from their respected games in the background...this out of the other two I really wanted to keep most.

Last edited:

Oh... my... GOD CHIBI. That's incredible! I love your piece & I can tell how much work & effort was put into it! Great composition & I love the colors! Wow wow wow.

u never fail to impress me chibi

yEB11bJ.png
A little disappointed I couldn't add several ideas I originally had planned, but that's what I get for mostly working on this on the last week.
● A handful of characters were scrapped from series such as Metroid and Starfox. Arwings were going to fly out from behind the 4:3 TV. Samus was going to shot down metroids while on top of her gunship.
● The kid at the bottom, representing you as the player at a young age was going to be surrounded with more 80s to 90s memorabilia, before being cut to just a head. Comics, trading cards (screenshots from TV shows/movies), a bowl of nintendo's officially licenced cereal "The Nintendo Cereal System" and other sugary treats, plushes of my pet monster and carebears, ninja turtles and he-man action figures, and it goes on.
● The lighting/time rips were going to have snapshots recreated from their respected games in the background...this out of the other two I really wanted to keep most.

Ohhhh Chibi.... this is spectacular!!!!

here's my villager design:

Rico, the chocolate pug (he's a smug pug)!!

Villager name: Rico, the chocolate pug
Villager species: Rico is a pug, which is a breed of mush-faced dog
Villager personality: Rico is a smug pug
Villager catchphrase: “Sweet!”
Backstory:

Rico is a chocolate pug.
(For those who don’t know, a pug is a small mushed-face breed of dog, with short hair and a curly tail).

He is a smug pug.

Rico has chocolate-brown fur. He has black fur around his mouth on his mushed-in little muzzle. He has little floppy brown ears, and big round bulgy pug brown eyes.

In fitting with his smug personality, Rico is a very snazzy dresser. His original apparel consists of the beige emblem (the one with vest and tie), brown pants, brown socks, and brown shoes. On rainy and wintry days, he wears his straw boater hat.

Rico likes to talk about the fact that he went to culinary school, and that his dream is to have a popular pastry shop that will launch his career as a celebrity chef with his own television show. Rico’s has the look of a pastry shop.

Rico’s catch-phrase, “Sweet,” is the literal translation of his name from Spanish, and fits his interests in making pastries and candies.

Rico has a TV camera set up in one corner of his house, so he can practice his on-air personality for the day that he gets his big break.

Home photo:
IobBJBY.jpg

yEB11bJ.png
● The kid at the bottom, representing you as the player at a young age was going to be surrounded with more 80s to 90s memorabilia, before being cut to just a head. Comics, trading cards (screenshots from TV shows/movies), a bowl of nintendo's officially licenced cereal "The Nintendo Cereal System" and other sugary treats, plushes of my pet monster and carebears, ninja turtles and he-man action figures, and it goes on.
● The lighting/time rips were going to have snapshots recreated from their respected games in the background...this out of the other two I really wanted to keep most.
Now THIS, is something you NEED to draw to win, I'd definitely vote for you.

Here's my retro drawing entry!

UFR99eY.png

Holosabelle playing on a Retro Fair arcade machine
with a custom built Bell Tree Coin Catch game!​

KXrMiP6.png

holosabelle hollowed out. heh heh heh.

uWpQEey.gif

The progression!​

Retro Room Renovation

E85HRRK.jpg

sAbPym1.jpg

yv3cEir.jpg

Design-A-Villager & Interior

Villager name: Vlad
Villager species: Red Panda
Villager personality: Smug
Villager catchphrase: flamb?
Backstory: Vlad is a red panda with brick red fur and light cream accents. He wears a chefs outfit because his special skill is cooking French cuisine. He usually cooks and bakes throughout the day so often times he gets many unexpected visits from the other villagers in town. He is very kind and polite so he loves sharing his creations with all the villagers. Vlad holds a weekly cooking club at his house every Saturday morning, during the next meeting he will be teaching how to make bouillabaisse.

MG4MtiU.jpg

nieiYzX.jpg

aq3QntK.jpg

Retro Drawing (of the villager I designed)

GErD882.jpg

here's my villager design:

Rico, the chocolate pug (he's a smug pug)!!

Villager name: Rico, the chocolate pug
Villager species: Rico is a pug, which is a breed of mush-faced dog
Villager personality: Rico is a smug pug
Villager catchphrase: “Sweet!”
Backstory:

Rico is a chocolate pug.
(For those who don’t know, a pug is a small mushed-face breed of dog, with short hair and a curly tail).

He is a smug pug.

Rico has chocolate-brown fur. He has black fur around his mouth on his mushed-in little muzzle. He has little floppy brown ears, and big round bulgy pug brown eyes.

In fitting with his smug personality, Rico is a very snazzy dresser. His original apparel consists of the beige emblem (the one with vest and tie), brown pants, brown socks, and brown shoes. On rainy and wintry days, he wears his straw boater hat.

Rico likes to talk about the fact that he went to culinary school, and that his dream is to have a popular pastry shop that will launch his career as a celebrity chef with his own television show. Rico’s has the look of a pastry shop.

Rico’s catch-phrase, “Sweet,” is the literal translation of his name from Spanish, and fits his interests in making pastries and candies.

Rico has a TV camera set up in one corner of his house, so he can practice his on-air personality for the day that he gets his big break.

Home photo:
IobBJBY.jpg
I adore your Smug pug Rico! ❤️

Here's my retro drawing entry!

UFR99eY.png

Holosabelle playing on a Retro Fair arcade machine
with a custom built Bell Tree Coin Catch game!​

KXrMiP6.png

holosabelle hollowed out. heh heh heh.

uWpQEey.gif

The progression!​

This is so super fun!!! I luv it!!!