• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

TBT Fair 2017: Share Your Entries!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting some of my entries now that the contests are over!

Retro drawing: not exactly ACNL or particularly game based, but the 80s to me is basically [awesome] zombie movies/B-horrors and bad fashion. So I combined them into a street fighter style scenario! (jazzercise vs zombies)
dizzybone_retroart.jpg

I was trying to figure out who's that drawing was!!!! Absolutely stunning, I've been gushing over that piece since I saw the voting open!!! The zombie woman's face, body and hair kinda matches a similar art style I've been pursuing for my AP portfolio so I'm pretty drawn toward it

sharing the ones that actually made it

hMY5koi.png

MEOW I'm actually not entirely happy with because I was more focused on bucket of paint but I'm glad she got a spot, I usually do more painty/sketchy kind of styles so it was something rather new for me (also I wish I could have put more stuff in the background but what can ya do)

And my villager which I'm too lazy to copy the description for but she's a ghost cat!

651Qhih.jpg

My retro room I didn't even try on so I won't post it, it was just a pre-existing room in my house that happened to have video game stuff in it LMAO

Posting some of my entries now that the contests are over!

Retro drawing: not exactly ACNL or particularly game based, but the 80s to me is basically [awesome] zombie movies/B-horrors and bad fashion. So I combined them into a street fighter style scenario! (jazzercise vs zombies)
dizzybone_retroart.jpg

I HAD A FEELING THIS WAS YOURS i love it sm

sharing the ones that actually made it

hMY5koi.png

MEOW I'm actually not entirely happy with because I was more focused on bucket of paint but I'm glad she got a spot, I usually do more painty/sketchy kind of styles so it was something rather new for me (also I wish I could have put more stuff in the background but what can ya do)

And my villager which I'm too lazy to copy the description for but she's a ghost cat!

651Qhih.jpg

My retro room I didn't even try on so I won't post it, it was just a pre-existing room in my house that happened to have video game stuff in it LMAO

I HAD A FEELING THIS WAS YOURS i love it sm

Oh my god I was trying to figure out who did the MEOW one sakdksfdk it's one of my favourites :')
I thought maybe it was you but literally don't know what your art looks like so I was just at a loss xD

Oh my god I was trying to figure out who did the MEOW one sakdksfdk it's one of my favourites :')
I thought maybe it was you but literally don't know what your art looks like so I was just at a loss xD

omg thank u <3
I went full out with making gradients this fair it seems, shoutout to my smudge brush in SAI

omg thank u <3
I went full out with making gradients this fair it seems, shoutout to my smudge brush in SAI

Gradients are pretty great xD I depend on the water brush in SAI tbh (not the default one though, that one makes me wanna die)

Thank you Jacob and gyro! <333 ooh Jacob, I'd love to see anything you've done! Ha yeah zombies are so fun to draw!

It's been 5000 years and I still can't draw Monique's face, so here's the "as finished as it's going to get" version of my art contest entry:
WdZU9h6.png
I don't think I'm ever going to get it right, so I might as well share it before the thread closes... Let's just pretend it's "Blanka" cosplaying as Monique :p

here's the version I submitted for comparison...
HlhOoAy.png
(speaking of Blanka, I had to quickly swap Monique out for her in the contest version, ten minutes before it closed, because of said face drawing problem >.>)

and finally, here's the inspiration, the arcade art for Donkey Kong!
ZOAyHRq.jpg
I tried my best to recreate it... keyword "tried" ;~;

It's been 5000 years and I still can't draw Monique's face, so here's the "as finished as it's going to get" version of my art contest entry:
WdZU9h6.png
I don't think I'm ever going to get it right, so I might as well share it before the thread closes... Let's just pretend it's "Blanka" cosplaying as Monique :p

HlhOoAy.png
(speaking of Blanka, I had to quickly swap Monique out for her in the contest version, ten minutes before it closed, because of said face drawing problem >.>)

ZOAyHRq.jpg

Thats actually so smart, I didnt realise it was a reference to that picture ;u; Its so good ah

Thats actually so smart, I didnt realise it was a reference to that picture ;u; Its so good ah

ahhhhh thank you! It's such an honour to have you comment on my pic, your art entries are always so breathtaking *__* Congratulations, btw! :D

WdZU9h6.png

HlhOoAy.png

ZOAyHRq.jpg

Hnghhh I thought your entry was clever the moment I saw it! Didn't think it was possible, but I love it even more. I really love the one where it's Monique too instead of Blanca :0 Both versions are fantastic. ;u;
Also I was glad they posted all of the artists in the closing ceremony bc yours was one I hadn't figured out the who the creator was and it was killing me haha I voted for you btw

Hnghhh I thought your entry was clever the moment I saw it! Didn't think it was possible, but I love it even more. I really love the one where it's Monique too instead of Blanca :0 Both versions are fantastic. ;u;
Also I was glad they posted all of the artists in the closing ceremony bc yours was one I hadn't figured out the who the creator was and it was killing me haha I voted for you btw

Thank you so much for the kind words ;w; I only noticed the secret text after quoting you- wow, thank you! I don't understand why you would, but thank you ;o;

It was a bit embarrassing seeing my name on the list .__. I'm not... artistically inclined, so seeing my name next to all those amazing actual artists ahhhhhfhdhfh It felt so out of place.

Now that I have the chance (because I'm usually to shy to comment on stuff) I wanna tell you that your art is so stunning!! Your entry is gorgeous and it feels so serene! (I don't know if that made any sense... another reason I don't comment haha)

Also love the pic you made for your villager Aceline- so cool :D

Thank you so much for the kind words ;w; I only noticed the secret text after quoting you- wow, thank you! I don't understand why you would, but thank you ;o;

It was a bit embarrassing seeing my name on the list .__. I'm not... artistically inclined, so seeing my name next to all those amazing actual artists ahhhhhfhdhfh It felt so out of place.

Now that I have the chance (because I'm usually to shy to comment on stuff) I wanna tell you that your art is so stunning!! Your entry is gorgeous and it feels so serene! (I don't know if that made any sense... another reason I don't comment haha)

Also love the pic you made for your villager Aceline- so cool :D

It's so good! I love how it looks kinda like, cut out? Like paper or fabric of some sort (sorry I'm bad at wording lol..)

Aww haha it's okay. I was surprised I actually made it to the finals lol.
Wahh I'm flattered that you think so, thank you so much! And no worries you're making sense haha.

Ye I decided to doodle her, she's probably just a character of mine now that I'll draw from time to time. x3

The people that have participated in the past fairs, you can see the improvements in their artworks which I think is pretty neat.

Also, will this thread be pinned like the 2016 share your entries? it'd be great if it was.

I know I'm very late, but I would like to share my entry for this year's drawing contest.

TBTfairdrawingcontestentry2017.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back