Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
0008-9983-6893
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Tasty Cake
Isabelle
A while back I made a post about the town name Heirloom. At the moment, that is still the front-runner for my town, but I want to make sure I have the best name possible for my town before I go ahead with it, you know? So I did some thinking and came up with some other possible options. This is the list I've come up with:

-Heirloom
-Forester
-Tsundoku

The kind of town I plan on building will be backwoods and foresty but also academic because things like books and school are important to me. There will also be a lot of antiques, but not things like you'd see in the Rococo set or anything like that. Think more along the lines of an episode of American Pickers. If I go with the name Tsundoku, I will probably upgrade my town hall and train station to the Zen models and maybe throw in some bamboo and a hot spring. That would be about it, though, as I can't say I'm too crazy about the Zen house exterior or the wooden bridge.

Oh, and I'm also about 90% sure that my mayor will be a girl named Angelina, if that helps, but I may rethink it if I decide to go with Tsundoku. Although, I feel like Mayor Angelina of Tsundoku kinda sounds like something out of a manga, which strikes me as kinda cool. Idk. If I come up with other ideas for mayor names, I'll make a thread about it, but I'm pretty set with the one I have now.

Keeping all this in mind, could you please tell me which name you think best suits the town I want to build? Please and thank you.

P.S. Forgive me for rambling. As you can probably tell from this post, I tend to overthink these sorts of things ^^"

I really like the name Heirloom. It's unique and I think it matches best with the theme you're planning to go for. (I love American Pickers!)

Yes, but I keep hesitating because I love the English definition of the word Tsundoku, which is a reading pile or to leave a book unread after purchasing it. Books are literally my life. I even started up a book blog, so I could talk about them more and make more friends online who are also interested in books. Plus, I feel like it'd give me something to strive for if I decided to upgrade to the Zen models because, otherwise I was planning on leaving the Town Hall and Train Station untouched since I can't stand the Fairytale model and the Modern model doesn't fit my theme.

Yes, but I keep hesitating because I love the English definition of the word Tsundoku, which is a reading pile or to leave a book unread after purchasing it. Books are literally my life. I even started up a book blog, so I could talk about them more and make more friends online who are also interested in books. Plus, I feel like it'd give me something to strive for if I decided to upgrade to the Zen models because, otherwise I was planning on leaving the Town Hall and Train Station untouched since I can't stand the Fairytale model and the Modern model doesn't fit my theme.

I would suggest go with the name you really like! Afterall is your town your re creating! There's a million of name suggestion but pick the one you love the most and represent yourself as well as your town then you will love it very much! I have a story behind my town name "Windbell" too.

The story goes that once, there is a town that a sweet nice melody will be heard, each time when the wind blow, it will hit the town bell and so, the sweet melody can be heard all over the town. I can read that you really love the word "Tsundoku" because it has the meaning behind for you. As for your mayor name, go with the name you feel good with too cause soon later your villagers can call you by another nickname^^ my mayor name snowx and I have most of them call me snowie! (snowie is much more sweeter name for me and snowx is a formal name)

I do really like Heirloom, but it sounds like Tsundoku has more meaning for you personally, so that is the one I would go for. Which name can you picture in your signature here?

I do like Heirloom a lot, but they're all great! Is the name limit 8 or 9 letters..?
Have you heard of the word vellichor? The definition is "the strange wistfulness of used bookstores, which are somehow infused with the passage of time."
Angelina of Vellichor sounds pretty cool :3

I do like Heirloom a lot, but they're all great! Is the name limit 8 or 9 letters..?
Have you heard of the word vellichor? The definition is "the strange wistfulness of used bookstores, which are somehow infused with the passage of time."
Angelina of Vellichor sounds pretty cool :3

The character limit is 8 letters, so Vellichor is out of the question because it is 1 letter too long.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards using Tsundoku because it does have a lot of meaning to me, and I've even developed a story for it. But I'm debating naming my mayor after myself because my name can be Japanese or European. Does Maria of Tsundoku sound ok to you guys?

Back