Has anyone stolen/tried to steal things from your town?

Unfortunately, this has happened to me before! I was trying to get the train station upgrade, so I had lots of people passing through my town all day. It didn't even occur to me to keep an eye on people. All of my blue roses and Jacob's ladders went missing, a few bags of Bells that I had sitting near ReTail, and some of the rarer mushrooms. It's made me really weird about having other people in my town!

Wut???? That make me wonder back how I able to upgrade my train station last time with the 100 people cross by requirement O.O thanks god no such thing happen to me...probably I am too poor to have any valuable thing lay on the ground that time lol

lol no worries as everyone did mistake too xD I did stole something from people too (not in animal crossing but other game) but what your this friend did is really scary 0.0

Found them

HNI_0058.JPGHNI_0059.JPG

Also yeah everyone makes mistakes i agree and i regret mine immensely.

Last edited:
Found them

View attachment 206331View attachment 206332

Also yeah everyone makes mistakes i agree.

that! is just creepy ;;;

and a lot of people say to just close the gates so more people can't come in, but to do that i would have to leave the first visitor unattended, which also gives me anxiety... just... guys... don't steal from people so we dont have to constantly be afraid of hosting, amirite...

that! is just creepy ;;;

and a lot of people say to just close the gates so more people can't come in, but to do that i would have to leave the first visitor unattended, which also gives me anxiety... just... guys... don't steal from people so we dont have to constantly be afraid of hosting, amirite...

Try and be in the train station as they arrive, close gate and pray that they are close if not the gravel outside so you can follow them around. It's all you can do. I don't think it does much just stops people coming through if it made them stay in that would be quite good so you have control when they leave but quite bad too. Its a shame you cant look in their inventory but that wont do much because of letters. It just freaked me out then i got real mad. I trust the next person with a clear conscious, they deserve that because they aren't that person and don't deserve to be treated like that because someone did you wrong. Its not easy to say that or do that..i cant tell you how many times i've been used and stuff but its also true. I trust my friends also immensely and i still want to know where they are just because of my anxiety xD no point in having friends around if you're gonna lose them but i don't follow them around inch and every way not like a new visitor. I know it sounds contradicting, i kinda do that.

But yeah luckily no one from here has ever done that to me and i hope no one on here is capable of that. So yes, right!

Haha, I like that this turned into people giving tips to keep your town safe. :) I've only been inviting people in for trades and stuff for like a few weeks, so this is all useful to me.

I'm super cautious about other players because I luckily learned early to not trust people. My actual game was almost stolen.
A few years ago, I was staying at my grandmas house. My cousin is a little **** and is super rude and annoying. Unfortunately, he lives there because both his parents are deadbeats. Anyways, I left my case downstairs and brought my 3ds upstairs with a different game. When I came downstairs to play Animal Crossing, I couldn't find it anywhere. I look and see my cousin playing his 3ds and I got suspicious. I ask him what he's playing, and he immediately rips the game card out and hands it to me without saving or even closing the game.
So of course, he's rewarded with his own game to play. Him, my brother and I were all in my town. This was my first time playing with someone other than my brother, who I know I can trust. Of course, the inevitable happens and he runs through my hybrids, cuts down some bamboo before his axe broke, and stole some items I kept outside.
It's been years since I played with him.

Couldn't the way update give us the power to see 1. Where they are and 2. They're activitys such as
XIA picked up a Jacob's ladder
XIA is lighting a match
XIA is pouring gasoline
XIA has got to go

Couldn't the way update give us the power to see 1. Where they are and 2. They're activitys such as
XIA is lighting a match
XIA is pouring gasoline
XIA has got to go
Lol!
That would be great though, as long as there's an option to turn off messages for giveaway towns and things like that.

This thread scares me, I was trying to get myb100 visitors for my new town soon. I really only have people over to pick up Villagers right now, so my town doesn't get a lot of visitors but I used to have a few friends that came by regularly and occasionally they'd trample a few flowers but they never tried to do any harm.

XIA is lighting a match
XIA is pouring gasoline
XIA has got to go

LOL. That'd be a good update. Also if there was like a list of recent friends/vistor list that visited with their friend code next to it. Like on that bulletin board next to the monkey inside the train station or something. "Recent Visitors: Liv from Avalon (2294-8809-2288)" or w/e. Or if I'm coming from other town "Adelaide from Lullaby (2294-8809-2288). So that way no one can be shady on a second secret town.

XIA is lighting a match
XIA is pouring gasoline
XIA has got to go

Wow I like this! I also hope they add in some message achieve like someone had say something but you missed it out and able to check it back from this achieve area rather than have to focus on if someone say something. It feel pretty rude cause if I missed when the trader said "done" during delivery yet I didn't saw the message and still standing still there lol

Wow I like this! I also hope they add in some message achieve like someone had say something but you missed it out and able to check it back from this achieve area rather than have to focus on if someone say something. It feel pretty rude cause if I missed when the trader said "done" during delivery yet I didn't saw the message and still standing still there lol

That's a really good idea. Sometimes I just miss what people say and it's really annoying.

Off topic : Gurl your Garnet Profile pic is on fleek. She's a legend.
[Glad I'm not the only Steven universe fan ]

Last edited:
That never happened to me before, thank goodness. I hardly have anyone in my town unless I'm trading.

I haven't had too many negative interactions. That said, I'm pretty cautious with whom I let visit my town and letting people explore unattended.

I had someone technically "steal" a villager. They pretended to have the villager I was looking for and was trading a popular villager for. I let them come first to collect the villager. Then when I was supposed to come to theirs to do the same, they went offline and never returned.
I had hybrids go missing during one giveaway but it could have also been that someone ran over them even though I warned everyone not to run. Most recent giveaway, I had someone take more items than was allowed but can't tell whom since I had many people coming and going.

I don't keep FC's on my system that I don't normally play with so I don't really have any issues with random people coming through my gates uninvited.

Off topic : Gurl your Garnet Profile pic is on fleek. She's a legend.
[Glad I'm not the only Steven universe fan ]

Thank you, I adore SU & Garnet especially. She's perfect. You're the first one to mention the pic. I can't waaait until they release more of S5.

Last edited:
2 years ago I was celebrating the firework festival with some people on another forum and suddenly this person came, picked up the bells I left for one of the forum people (we were also doing some trading), and the clothes I left for dream visitors. the thing is I couldn't just flick the wifi switch, since I had collected a lot of firework prizes since they arrived :(

I've never had that happen, probably because I'm too shy to actually invite strangers into my town. If it has happened to me, they musta taken something I didn't care about because I didn't notice. I have been accused of stealing from a town before, though. It was a pink carnation I accidentally ran over (I was new to the game at the time). I gave them the pink carnation I got in the mail to replace it.

No, I'd never let in people with 0 or negative wifi ratings. Don't think people with 100% rating would risk their chance of doing future trades.

No everyone that's ever been to my town has been super nice for the most part. Usually I'm just doing quick trades but occasionally someone would wanna run around and get petition signatures or something but they were always cool n polite about it. It's not like there's anything they could take that I couldn't replace either so I wouldn't rly care even if someone had pocketed something haha

Back