• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Has anyone stolen/tried to steal things from your town?

Livvy

Ain't that just the way
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Blue Hybrid Rose
Famous Mushroom
Tasty Cake
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Someone uninvited did/tried to from mine yesterday when the gates were open and someone else was over. Is that sort of thing common? It was really weird/awkward lmao. Like I'm new to playing w/other people so I'm not sure how common that is.

I haven't ever had that happen (mostly because I never invite people over lmao). My ex would purposefully pick up flowers or items I had lying around until i noticed it was gone as a joke and I've had people run in my town over flowers and stuff but that's about it. I'm so sorry that happened though!!

someone took two of my Jacob's ladders once, I messaged everyone asking if it was them and everyone denied it (I 100% believed some of them bc I'd done trades with them before and they're lovely people) so I never got them back, which sucks
since then I don't allow anyone I don't trust/know around my town unsupervised

Yeah, I let someone over to shop in my mainstreet and use shampoodle and so the gates are open and some girl that idk comes in and is RUNNING everywhere picking up my mushrooms and hybrids like it's some kind of free for all hahahahha

i told her not to take my stuff/drop everything, and she did drop most if not everything at least, and then i closed multiplayer. haha Luckily the person who was legit visiting finished what she was doing before I did lmao

Yeah, I let someone over to shop in my mainstreet and use shampoodle and so the gates are open and some girl that idk comes in and is RUNNING everywhere picking up my mushrooms and hybrids like it's some kind of free for all hahahahha

i told her not to take my stuff/drop everything, and she did drop most if not everything at least, and then i closed multiplayer. haha Luckily the person who was legit visiting finished what she was doing before I did lmao

Good thing that wi-if ratings exist :lemon:

I mostly don't trust some newer players in my town as they're usually the ones stealing stuff, but it doesn't mean I hate them or anything, as most new players here are very nice. The noobs on club tortimer though, oh my....

Good thing that wi-if ratings exist :lemon:

I mostly don't trust some newer players in my town as they're usually the ones stealing stuff, but it doesn't mean I hate them or anything, as most new players here are very nice. The noobs on club tortimer though, oh my....

Except I don't know who she was, the girl who stole stuff was uninvited (my gates were open for someone else) and I didn't recognize her. So can't rate her. :p The girl who came over invited was super nice/cool.

What is Club Tortimer btw? I've seen it mentioned a couple times, but I don't know what it is or how people access it.

Last edited:
No.

But someone here [On the forums] accused me of stealing [Not going to mention her name.]

Basically
She was giving free flowers on the beach. With her permission I went there and picked up some flowers, When I was done , I came back to thank her but I didn't see her avatar so I walked around her town/village hoping to find her to appreciate her generosity and In all of the sudden the game crashed.

Innocently , I messaged her to tell that the game crashed and Ask if I can come back again to take the free flowers she was giving on the beach.

About 3 minutes later I checked my wifi rating and shockingly I saw a review from her accusing me of trying to steal. Honestly I was surprised And worried because she Mis-understood me.
I messaged her about 4 times to explain what happened and she NEVER replied back.

It looks like she knew she's guilty but never going to admit it. Gladly I will NEVER Ever deal with this person again.

Last edited:
Oh gosh no. That sounds terrible! I like to have benefit of the doubt for people but sometimes you just can't.

I even get nervous coming into other people's towns because I don't want to make any sudden movements to spook them.

Except I don't know who she was, the girl who stole stuff was uninvited (my gates were open for someone else) and I didn't recognize her. So can't rate her. :p The girl who came over invited was super nice/cool.

What is Club Tortimer btw? I've seen it mentioned a couple times, but I don't know what it is or how people access it.

In the island shop, there will be the application (whatever you call it) to sign up for club tortimer. It looks like letter paper (but not an actual item) and it costs 50 medals. Once you get it, Kapp'n will give you a lecture about club tortimer and the rules, and then you can go. You can play with other players there. However, some people might not speak your language, beg for items/bells, be rude, purposely error, etc.
Adding friend codes is "forbidden" in club tortimer for the safety of the tiny tater tots, but hey, nobody cares.

And if you don't know them, why were they on your friend list? :p

In the island shop, there will be the application (whatever you call it) to sign up for club tortimer. It looks like letter paper (but not an actual item) and it costs 50 medals. Once you get it, Kapp'n will give you a lecture about club tortimer and the rules, and then you can go. You can play with other players there. However, some people might not speak your language, beg for items/bells, be rude, purposely error, etc.
Adding friend codes is "forbidden" in club tortimer for the safety of the tiny tater tots, but hey, nobody cares.

And if you don't know them, why were they on your friend list? :p

Probably someone I traded with at some point or sold a villager to I'd imagine... lol :p Maybe on a second town. Wish I knew which friend it was on the list, oh well!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh gosh no. That sounds terrible! I like to have benefit of the doubt for people but sometimes you just can't.

I even get nervous coming into other people's towns because I don't want to make any sudden movements to spook them.

Omg me too. I don't want anyone to think I'll take anything or run over their flowers haha

nobody's ever stolen from me, mostly because i'm super careful with keeping my eye on people when they come over, but i have two shady accounts:

1) somebody came over for signatures, and i lead them through town to my villagers (to be safe ofc- i didn't expect them to do anything bad, it is just how i keep an eye on any player that comes through town), and after he was done, he asked if he could have a tour. i try to be chill and nice to people i'm wifi-ing with (of course! haha), so i said sure, and told him to follow me. while i was showing him around town, he picked up a lucky clover, but picking up lucky clovers is so heckin slow that OF COURSE i saw him do it, and i just turned around and looked at him. he put it down right away, and said "oops sorry, i accidentally picked it up" and so i was like "ok" (but inside, i was like "gotta get this scrub outta town soon"). a couple minutes later, he picked another clover up while i was farther ahead of him, but i doubled back bc i noticed he was out of sight and caught a glimpse of him holding that lucky clover high in the sky. he saw me double back, so he put it down, but i was getting salty (it was pretty obvious he was just trying to take them). i pretended like i was still chill and quickly wrapped up the tour and sent him home. thanks to my hovering skills, i didn't get robbed that day :')

2) this was just yesterday, actually! and not nearly as shady as the first guy... but i was having a small "visit etoile's rv" giveaway, and only letting people in 1 at a time. i let the girl who properly requested to come in, and after i lead her to the trailer park, i sat down on one of the log benches there, and suddenly the "someone is arriving" banner came up. i panicked at first bc ???? who???? so i decided to not cut the wifi and instead try to run to the station once the saving and arrive sequences were over to see who it was. i memorized the name and town of the visitor, and when they arrived, i ran over and asked who they were on tbtf. they said a username that i vaguely recognized, so i was like "oh ok," but then i had to take my attention off the newcomer to send off the girl who was legitimately visiting. while i said goodbye to the original visitor, the newer one zoomed around near the station and i lost sight of her a couple times. (as you can imagine, i was panicking, like "why is she here? is she taking stuff?") and then the newcomer visitor ran back into the train station and started going home. i was really nervous bc they might have taken stuff, but i didn't want to be a nuisance to the girl who legitimately was supposed to be in my town and had ordered stuff from etoile, so i let them both leave, knowing i had the tbtf username of the 2nd girl. when both were gone, i did a quick run-through of my town, checking for missing hybrids. i didn't think any were missing (and as of now, i still don't THINK any are), but i was kind of salty bc they came without an invitation. i checked the list of online forum users to see if the username the visitor gave me was still online, but they weren't. after doing some sleuthing (basically just googling "bell tree forums [mayor name] [town name]" i found the actual visitor. she gave me a different username, so that made me even saltier- but i just left her a casual vm asking if it was her who came over. i'm keeping her actual username a secret bc even though it wasn't cool of her to come over uninvited like that, i don't want people to avoid her- i don't think she actually took anything, just left a weird message on my bulliten board. she may see this, but uhhh i don't really care bc it scared me a lot and it wasn't that kind of her, given that so many people care a lot about their towns and don't appreciate random drop ins who lie about who they are....

anyway! those are my two traumatic experiences! i seriously don't think there are many people who steal, but always remember to stay safe and take precautions! make sure you can see everyone in your town at all times- this is easier if you only have one person over! and make sure to communicate with any rules you have in town! :blush: hope nothing this scary ever happens to you again! it's not very nice for people to do ;;;

someone took two of my Jacob's ladders once, I messaged everyone asking if it was them and everyone denied it (I 100% believed some of them bc I'd done trades with them before and they're lovely people) so I never got them back, which sucks
since then I don't allow anyone I don't trust/know around my town unsupervised

Yeah I went and took note of who was online on my friends list, but none of them really seemed like they were the type who'd do that, so it was weird. haha

@Pancake - ah man, that sucks! My trade with you was super easy & fast, I'd trade w/you again. haha :p

Nope, but when I was 10 on wild world my brother chopped all of my trees down in my town, and he wouldn't stop. My whole town was empty!!!! my town was weedless with flowers but after I stopped playing my town only had like 20 trees lol. (from me replanting, he literally got them all. we weren't sharing towns either, he was a visitor since we both had our own ds and gameboy consoles LMAOOOO)

nobody's ever stolen from me, mostly because i'm super careful with keeping my eye on people when they come over, but i have two shady accounts:

1) somebody came over for signatures, and i lead them through town to my villagers (to be safe ofc- i didn't expect them to do anything bad, it is just how i keep an eye on any player that comes through town), and after he was done, he asked if he could have a tour. i try to be chill and nice to people i'm wifi-ing with (of course! haha), so i said sure, and told him to follow me. while i was showing him around town, he picked up a lucky clover, but picking up lucky clovers is so heckin slow that OF COURSE i saw him do it, and i just turned around and looked at him. he put it down right away, and said "oops sorry, i accidentally picked it up" and so i was like "ok" (but inside, i was like "gotta get this scrub outta town soon"). a couple minutes later, he picked another clover up while i was farther ahead of him, but i doubled back bc i noticed he was out of sight and caught a glimpse of him holding that lucky clover high in the sky. he saw me double back, so he put it down, but i was getting salty (it was pretty obvious he was just trying to take them). i pretended like i was still chill and quickly wrapped up the tour and sent him home. thanks to my hovering skills, i didn't get robbed that day :')

2) this was just yesterday, actually! and not nearly as shady as the first guy... but i was having a small "visit etoile's rv" giveaway, and only letting people in 1 at a time. i let the girl who properly requested to come in, and after i lead her to the trailer park, i sat down on one of the log benches there, and suddenly the "someone is arriving" banner came up. i panicked at first bc ???? who???? so i decided to not cut the wifi and instead try to run to the station once the saving and arrive sequences were over to see who it was. i memorized the name and town of the visitor, and when they arrived, i ran over and asked who they were on tbtf. they said a username that i vaguely recognized, so i was like "oh ok," but then i had to take my attention off the newcomer to send off the girl who was legitimately visiting. while i said goodbye to the original visitor, the newer one zoomed around near the station and i lost sight of her a couple times. (as you can imagine, i was panicking, like "why is she here? is she taking stuff?") and then the newcomer visitor ran back into the train station and started going home. i was really nervous bc they might have taken stuff, but i didn't want to be a nuisance to the girl who legitimately was supposed to be in my town and had ordered stuff from etoile, so i let them both leave, knowing i had the tbtf username of the 2nd girl. when both were gone, i did a quick run-through of my town, checking for missing hybrids. i didn't think any were missing (and as of now, i still don't THINK any are), but i was kind of salty bc they came without an invitation. i checked the list of online forum users to see if the username the visitor gave me was still online, but they weren't. after doing some sleuthing (basically just googling "bell tree forums [mayor name] [town name]" i found the actual visitor. she gave me a different username, so that made me even saltier- but i just left her a casual vm asking if it was her who came over. i'm keeping her actual username a secret bc even though it wasn't cool of her to come over uninvited like that, i don't want people to avoid her- i don't think she actually took anything, just left a weird message on my bulliten board. she may see this, but uhhh i don't really care bc it scared me a lot and it wasn't that kind of her, given that so many people care a lot about their towns and don't appreciate random drop ins who lie about who they are....

anyway! those are my two traumatic experiences! i seriously don't think there are many people who steal, but always remember to stay safe and take precautions! make sure you can see everyone in your town at all times- this is easier if you only have one person over! and make sure to communicate with any rules you have in town! :blush: hope nothing this scary ever happens to you again! it's not very nice for people to do ;;;

Yeah the same thing happened to me yesterday! I got the message "someone is coming!" when no one was supposed to be and someone else was already there, and I was in mainstreet w/this girl so ofc I run back to my town, and she's already running around all over grabbing several of my mushrooms that I throw around for decoration (I still haven't put them back where they're supposed to be) and hybrids, but then I caught her picking up the hybrid and I was like "uh please don't take my stuff and drop the mushrooms u took." and I was like "what else did you take?" after she dropped like four things and she said nothing so then I just ended wifi.

Yeah the same thing happened to me yesterday! I got the message "someone is coming!" when no one was supposed to be and someone else was already there, and I was in mainstreet w/this girl so ofc I run back to my town, and she's already running around all over grabbing several of my mushrooms that I throw around for decoration (I still haven't put them back where they're supposed to be) and hybrids, but then I caught her picking up the hybrid and I was like "uh please don't take my stuff and drop the mushrooms u took." and I was like "what else did you take?" after she dropped like four things and she said nothing so then I just ended wifi.

god, maybe we were visited by the same user! after i figured out who she really was, i ended up deleting her fc... maybe you should do the same?? (if you don't know who she is, and want to avoid her, you can always pm me, and i'll let you know who visited me and what she looked like- maybe we're dealing with the same person) anyways, i'm glad you ended wifi before she could jet out, if she still had stuff on her! it's really not nice of people to run and take things, especially when they can buy them for really low prices here (like, you can make 1 tbt just by posting, like, a sentence). it's just not kind to the people who bought or spawned the items in a legitimate way ;;

5cm/s, I feel like I know the person you're referring to, and the only reason I do is because I was kind of lurking their profile the other day after my bad experience with them to see if anyone else would VM them about a similar experience. And it happened.

Let me just start by saying that I don't want to doubly single this person out, because, judging from their profile, they're quite a young player (as in, in real life, according to the bio). So it may just be innocent fooling around. In any case, I'd invited someone over to deliver some goods I'd bought, and at the same time I was holding a small take-what-you-want sale. My intent was to VM the people interested in the sale when it was time for them to come over, but this person came uninvited when my gates were open and someone was here delivering my items (so I really couldn't cut wifi or anything). The unexpected guest came over, ran off from my train station where all the for-sale items were (as stated), posted on my bulletin board, took a bunch of random things (I think they dropped most of them), and went wandering off in my town! They didn't stop even when I asked. They ended up paying me a few tbt for the stuff they took (I couldn't assess exactly what they were, because it was a free-for-all kind of sale and I hadn't inventoried). I was really upset at the time and left them a not-so-amazing review, mostly because it was my first time experiencing anything like that. In hindsight, since I can't seem to edit my review, I feel like I was a little bit harsh and could have just left a neutral review instead, given the person's obvious... er, youth.

Apart from this, I've only had one other "incoming visitor" message that was unexpected, but this person probably realized it was the wrong town because they canceled it before they even came.

On a much more positive note, I'm happy to say there are several traders/sellers on here who I've let into my town without me being at the train station (for politeness I try to come back in time to say thanks and goodbye though lol). I know they'll drop everything at the train station or at the edges if they're plantables. The long-time shop owners on here are always dependable. To y'all, thank you!

Looks like there's a town robber on tbt! Hopefully we can track them down...

You guys should remember what they looked like and stuff, then we can see if it's the same person.

Last edited:
god, maybe we were visited by the same user! after i figured out who she really was, i ended up deleting her fc... maybe you should do the same?? (if you don't know who she is, and want to avoid her, you can always pm me, and i'll let you know who visited me and what she looked like- maybe we're dealing with the same person) anyways, i'm glad you ended wifi before she could jet out, if she still had stuff on her! it's really not nice of people to run and take things, especially when they can buy them for really low prices here (like, you can make 1 tbt just by posting, like, a sentence). it's just not kind to the people who bought or spawned the items in a legitimate way ;;

Haha, I just PM'd you actually! Yeah. Especially because all my mushrooms I have been spawning myself and hybrids in that town I've been growing myself. So I'm like nooo why. haha Yeah, it's really easy to make tbt to buy stuff, so why? I'm careful when people come to my town too. It was just because she was unexpected and I was on main street. I was just glad she dropped it when I confronted her, because she could have just left, like what am I going to do? lol

@HelenKeller - omg, that sounds like something my little brothers would do when we were young. lol dang

Yes sadly :/ in my old town some person I met brought their friends over to my town and they started stealing everything! I didn't notice at first but soon after like 2 minutes I realized my perfect peaches were gone and some of the hybrids my friend has given me as a gift. I soon errored on them but I was still missing some of my stuff.

Geez why don't people ask for stuff? I mean if we say no it means no, but if we say yes then there but its not that hard to ask is it?

Back