• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Keeping Villagers Original?

It helps to fill up your retail with random stuff set at 999,999 bells. That way, they don't sell their stuff without your knowing. I'm trying to clean out my villagers' houses just to replace them with better stuff so I cleaned out my retail and always going to Retail to see what's on sale.

Idc if they're original or not, my villagers are free to do what they want. Whatever makes them happy y'know

as long as it's not miscellaneous fish/bugs/fossils, i'm happy.

For a while, I would get my villagers whatever they requested (like fish and bugs) because I thought it would make them happy. I've recently decided I'm not going to do that any more even though I hate telling them no. The inside of Julian's and Diana's houses have been ruined with fish and bugs. I'm trying to work on getting them back to no fish and bugs or random other pieces. However, Diana has two bugs on top of two different pieces of nice furniture. When I try to give her something that would look better there instead, she just replaces something that already looks nice instead replacing one of the two bugs. *sad*. Julian has 3 different shirts on display (I haven't given him any of them, so I don't know why) that I need to get him to replace. I've successfully got all of his critters back out of his house though.

If anyone has any suggestions for getting Diana to replace her two bugs, I would love to hear it.

I like Marshals house the way it is and afraid he'll ruin it by replacing his sofa with a bath mat or something hideous. Other than that I like customizing my villagers houses by sending them furniture from sets.

I also avoid giving them gabrage I know will ruin their houses or doing specific bug/fish requests.

I feel so bad always rejecting their request on fish/bug too! But rather do that than letting them ruined their house! Afterall we can't buy their "pet" from them, can we?

I doesn't really bother me as long as the items fit the villagers house theme. So like with Daisy, I have her a custom mini T. rex sculpture because she's made on fossils. I prefer giving my villager custom items because I feel like they're becoming more unique to my town.

I like them not original. I like seeing the changes. I just try to give them more thoughtful gifts so their house doesn't look horrendous from me giving them any old junk I happen to have laying around. haha

Same for me! My town would feel so lifeless and robotic if I never let anyone change their house, catchphrase, clothes, etc. I like mailing shirts or furniture to my villagers that I feel would suit them. I mean, I don't enjoy when somebody decides to display a super toilet in their home, but I don't understand how the game could still be fun if I refused most of the villager interaction options just for the sake of aesthetics. I want to feel like the Lolly who lives in my town is Feldspar's Lolly, not a carbon copy of the default.

If they wear an ugly shirt, I mail them other shirts until they change. If they put something unbearable in their house, I mail them better furniture from time to time. I really enjoy watching their homes and outfits change; makes it feel like time is passing and like they really have a life in the town. I don't even mind fish/bug requests. I think it's kind of cute, like they have a little friend with them.

Back