• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Opinions on Hacked Towns?

I would love to be able to hack my game but idk how tbh

Last edited:
inb4 thread gets closed like the other one

i'm fine with them, just not overly-hacked towns that have houses in the water or on train tracks and such

I kinda actually like plants in the river. Not over done that you cant see the water. Or trees but tree stumps look cool and weeds as well as bamboo. I don't see why people hate on that so much i think that makes it look realistic, rivers and lakes have those...hot dog plants in them or long grass or that green scum algae? on top of the water. i can see why it would be annoying since you cant see the fish but clearly they just wanted a pretty dream address and if that's the case they nailed it. But i do agree with all the cherry blossom towns...they are so pink and overused but saying that some of them have their own flare to them. Like some cherry blossom towns arent just pink sometimes they have a japanese look to them and that's really pretty.

Some people just hack their towns on purpose and go overboard and put their villagers in places you can't reach or the sea for that matter and i actually do think its humorous but i wouldn't be doing it. My town is semi hacked, i had a little help, but i did most of the work myself. I didn't know about the editor until 2015 maybe 2016? And i didn't get into ACNL until a year after it was released so..a year or two i had working my ass off breeding my own flowers. I don't even have all my badges gold, i don't want to, i want to earn them. I could change my face but again i don't want to. I get anxious and nervous about changing some things but other things i'm like YAAASSS.

Last edited:
Honestly, I HATE the idea of hacked towns, and it really bothers me that I can't find any DA that aren't hacked.
I feel as if it ruins the fun, and users shouldn't play the game the way it isn't intended. Sort of like how, if humans were meant to fly, we'd be born with wings -- you wouldn't jump off a building?
Hacking in items ruins the grind for money/furniture & honestly what do you do after you've finished your town?? the game is done

I hacked my town and I think it can ruin the fun, it depends on how you hack though, I hacked just by placing everything through hacking instead of landscaping in-game then hacking the things that are impossible, which is what I should have done. I was bored in that town so I reset it. I can't hack anymore though because my computer broke.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Honestly, I HATE the idea of hacked towns, and it really bothers me that I can't find any DA that aren't hacked.
I feel as if it ruins the fun, and users shouldn't play the game the way it isn't intended. Sort of like how, if humans were meant to fly, we'd be born with wings -- you wouldn't jump off a building?
Hacking in items ruins the grind for money/furniture & honestly what do you do after you've finished your town?? the game is done

I think it only ruins the fun depending on how you do it, if I were to hack again I would do everything I can in game and then do the impossible stuff with hacks, like trees beside trees, or weeds and clovers in the river.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't get why other people complain about hacked towns so much, it's not like it affects you or your town, so why does it matter?

@LandonCrossing
Some people don't like them because they find it hard to move around, or how overly polished they can seem. I'm just very against multiple town trees because of one DA I went to. :)

@LandonCrossing
Some people don't like them because they find it hard to move around, or how overly polished they can seem. I'm just very against multiple town trees because of one DA I went to. :)

This is also true! I hate the fact some hacked towns have soo many trees everywhere i cant see where i'm going or cant move. It sets my anxiety off cause i feel i wont be able to get back to the bed..

@LandonCrossing

The trees do get annoying, but some hacked dream towns I've visited have lots of spacing and paths so it doesn't feel very crowded :) (my town is hacked and it has paths, with trees spaced away)

Last edited:
This is also true! I hate the fact some hacked towns have soo many trees everywhere i cant see where i'm going or cant move. It sets my anxiety off cause i feel i wont be able to get back to the bed..

Having normal trees as a path is bad enough, but (here's the reason why I hate multiple town trees) having your paths bordered by a bunch of town trees is WAAAAAY too much >: (

- - - Post Merge - - -

The trees do get annoying, but some hacked dream towns I've visited have lots of spacing and paths so it doesn't feel very crowded :) (my town is hacked and it has paths, with trees spaced away)

I actually wanna visit your dream town. Maybe I'll take a trip after checking my flower stock ^^

Edit: Not against hacked towns, I just hate how overboard some can be :) Just wanna make that clear

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't mind multiple town trees if it's not overkill. If used correctly, multiple town trees could look really good like in this one Tropical themed town I visited named Calypso. If it works with your town and you're creative with it, it can look really polished and good.

Honestly, I don't mind multiple town trees if it's not overkill. If used correctly, multiple town trees could look really good like in this one Tropical themed town I visited named Calypso. If it works with your town and you're creative with it, it can look really polished and good.

I went to Calypso a couple days ago! It's so pretty, even though it's quite hacked, they used it in a good way that made it very pretty :lemon:

honestly i was expecting a lot of hate for hacked towns on this thread (ex. calling "hackers" lazy)

I don't mind minor hacked towns. For example, I wouldn't mind hacking my town to move my villagers houses to where I want them without having to cycle through villagers. I would also hack to get dirt paths and move rocks out of the way. However, I don't like towns that use hacking to completely design their town, from the peps they place to the plants. I also don't like to see items were they shouldn't be, for example, flower clocks in rivers.

I hacked my town and I think it can ruin the fun, it depends on how you hack though, I hacked just by placing everything through hacking instead of landscaping in-game then hacking the things that are impossible, which is what I should have done. I was bored in that town so I reset it. I can't hack anymore though because my computer broke.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think it only ruins the fun depending on how you do it, if I were to hack again I would do everything I can in game and then do the impossible stuff with hacks, like trees beside trees, or weeds and clovers in the river.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't get why other people complain about hacked towns so much, it's not like it affects you or your town, so why does it matter?

I don't really, go around bashing towns, I just hate them personally -- I tend to like more vanilla towns, but you do you!

I think hacked towns can be absolutely beautiful if done correctly, and not too "over the,top" i cant hack myself but i wish i could!!

i think looking at hacked town are cool cause most are done by experienced players looking for a new experience

Back