Opinions on Hacked Towns?

I try to avoid visiting hacked dream towns because I usually visit them for inspiration, and clearly I can't do the things they do.

I try to avoid visiting hacked dream towns because I usually visit them for inspiration, and clearly I can't do the things they do.

Yes!! Hacked towns are hard to copy and I usually end up disappointing myself when I try and recreate them without hacking.

I don't have a problem with hacked towns at all. Some of them looking good, but I also seen hacked
towns which are just a pure mess. I also don't like towns where people hacked all the trees in a way,
that they are literally squashed together or where is too much stuff in the water. That looks for me
to overload at all. I personally don't hack my town and will never try it, I just have too much fear
that I ruin something and I'm also not really interested in hacking at all to be honest.

I don't have a problem with them as long you didn't steal another town. :mad:

i think hacking gives the hacker sOO much room for creativity, so rather than seeing it as cheating, i see it as an alternative method that people can use to make the towns they envision without having to worry about plotting/planting specifications or lack of igbs. i've never hacked, but i do think hacked towns are some of the prettiest, because their creators can make things exactly how they like.
i agree !! i think it's just another way to play which makes it way easier to create the town you want.

Some hacked towns look really cool, and I enjoy visiting them in dreams. But I always seem to find them a little overloaded, especially with trees and flowers being put in the river. Like shells and fossils look pretty cool, but I don't understand why they put flowers or tons of trees in there. Like do they not go fishing?
I've seen some hacked beaches that are really cool, with the chair PWP or a villager living in a tent.

Some hacked towns are fantastic, but I don't really like the majority of them.

I love visiting hacked towns through dream addresses or the train station! However I wouldn't want to hack my own town. I don't want to risk messing up my game or making it unplayable. The game wouldn't be as fun for me if I had unlimited bells/ items. It would be cool to be able to walk in the water and whatnot but it wouldn't really be worth the risks for me.

Personally, I don't have a hacked town. But I'm not against hacking towns, unless you use the hacking tool (?) to do things like...planting flowers in the river, putting three PWPs in the same spot and really weird things like this. I mean, just don't exagerate.

I actually despise hacking and wish it was never invented...
Mainly because when WW was first out I used action replay on my town after a few years of having it and it completely ruined the game for me and so I felt like I had to start again and had to erase my first ever town.
Also with Let's go to the city I hacked it and moved everything on the map and again like my WW one I got bored and regreted it and had to star again...
If you have a separate game file and feel like trying it out fine but don't ever hack your main game - I learnt the hard way

Back