Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Red Candy
October Birthstone (Opal)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Tasty Cake
Voodoo Doll
Do you think hacked towns ruin the fun of Animal Crossing, or do you like them?

I don't personally have a opinion on them, I think you can do a lot of cool things with hacked towns, but personally I don't have one.

So, what are your opinions on them? :)

(I am planning on hacking my town once I get a new copy of Animal Crossing)

Last edited:
They're good as long as it's not overdone. Like the people who completely hack their town and don't even work on it, that's bad. Quite some people do that actually, not many here though.
Some people hack to make their town's landscaping better by moving stuff around, and that's okay. As long as they actually put effort into the town without hacks, that's good. Some people hack for badges, bells and items, and I don't really mind, except some people think it's better to earn that stuff by yourself because it takes the fun out of the game by doing that.

I do hack my town, I have been doing it since last year but I don't try to overdo it. I use it for some landscape, plants, and sometimes items but most of my town's landscape is by me, including the house placement, paths, and most of the greenery.

I think hacked towns are actually really cool. They show the creativity of the mayor and different things you can do on Animal crossing new leaf. I don't have a hacked town myself though.

I think hacking is cool and clever and it is really useful to fix your map or something that didn't go quite right in your town. I'd love to hack my game to fix some of the little bits, like this one damn rock or moving my police station 1 space forward to be in line with my town hall... but I've heard it can go horribly wrong and you can corrupt your game and I would hate that.

I think hacked towns are creative and fun. : )
Everyone has a different style of playing.

Last edited:
I personally think it's fine so long as it isn't being used to directly impact how other people play (e.g. hacking certain items). Using it to modify the layout of a town is perfectly fine from my perspective.

I don't mind them, although I do feel like hacking would take away the fun of the game for me personally. I, honestly, don't understand why it's become so popular all of a sudden. Like people said, it can corrupt your game and while I can understand the appeal of some aspects of hacking like custom maps, I really don't understand what's so great about having trees in ponds or clovers everywhere. I'm beginning to wonder if it's just popular because some Let's Players hack their towns, but whatever. As long as it doesn't effect my town or my gameplay, I'm good.

*Shrugs* I guess you could say I have mixed feelings on the subject.

I don't mind them, although I do feel like hacking would take away the fun of the game for me personally. I, honestly, don't understand why it's become so popular all of a sudden. Like people said, it can corrupt your game and while I can understand the appeal of some aspects of hacking like custom maps, I really don't understand what's so great about having trees in ponds or clovers everywhere. I'm beginning to wonder if it's just popular because some Let's Players hack their towns, but whatever. As long as it doesn't effect my town or my gameplay, I'm good.

*Shrugs* I guess you could say I have mixed feelings on the subject.

Well, I started hacking because I wanted to have everything I want in the game. I wasn't using TBT back then, so it was hard to get bells and items all by myself. Yeah, guess you can say I'm lazy. So when I found out my 3ds was compatible and there was a good guide, I did it. I don't regret it, and I have never corrupted my town.

Guess people really like hacking for the same or similar reason. You can get the best out of your game, make you town just how you like, with no restrictions, be rich, basically have everything you want. Besides, if you pay for it, you do what you like with it :)

Well, I started hacking because I wanted to have everything I want in the game. I wasn't using TBT back then, so it was hard to get bells and items all by myself. Yeah, guess you can say I'm lazy. So when I found out my 3ds was compatible and there was a good guide, I did it. I don't regret it, and I have never corrupted my town.

Guess people really like hacking for the same or similar reason. You can get the best out of your game, make you town just how you like, with no restrictions, be rich, basically have everything you want. Besides, if you pay for it, you do what you like with it :)

I would never say hackers are lazy. I think it takes a lot of skill to hack, especially to do properly. But, I mean, if I ever got to the point where I had everything I wanted in the game, then I would get bored and stop playing. I don't understand how hackers don't get bored with the game if they have everything, basically, handed to them.

I apoligize in advance, btw, if anything I've said has offended anyone. That's really not my intention.

I had the feeling we weren't allowed to talk about hacked things?

ANYWAY...
My opinion is if its hacked its beautiful, you get no shame from me. If your town is non hacked, it's beautiful, you get no shame from me. BOTH sides work extremely hard at what they do. "Cheating" also takes work and of course not hacking takes even longer, Both are rewarding. What is not okay is hating or making other's feel like complete poop just because they have either/or. That is wrong in my eyes. Its okay to disagree, to have a different opinion but respect or even just kindness goes a long way.

The only time i wanna tell someone to shut up is if they take the risk for hacking, something goes wrong, then they cry about it like you took the risk, accept it, own it.

I would never say hackers are lazy. I think it takes a lot of skill to hack, especially to do properly. But, I mean, if I ever got to the point where I had everything I wanted in the game, then I would get bored and stop playing. I don't understand how hackers don't get bored with the game if they have everything, basically, handed to them.

I apoligize in advance, btw, if anything I've said has offended anyone. That's really not my intention.
Well, why get bored of the game when I can still shop, talk to villagers, celebrate birthdays an events, and best of all, play with others and give them stuff? :D

There really is no "special skill" in hacking, people just think that cause of all the "town corrupting" claims. You can still restore a corrupted town so I have no idea why everyone is scared of hacking...
I had the feeling we weren't allowed to talk about hacked things?

You can't talk about how to hack, or for items that can only be acquired by hacking. Discussing about hacking in general like this is fine.

Last edited:
I've seen some really cool hacked Dream Towns, one of my favorite DAs is hacked; I think hacking can add things to a town and make them really nice, in moderation. I'm not impressed by trees and things in the water. Except Bamboo, it looks good there.

But I've actually thought about getting my old nintendo fixed and hacking it so I can put a log bench on the beach.
That's all I want. A log bench on the beach.
And maybe moving that one rock over two spaces.

It isn't my cup of tea, but what others do on their 3DS and cartridge is up to them. I've seen some pretty effects, and I get wanting everything right away, but I like the challenge of living each day as it unfolds.

I suppose my thoughts on it are similar to TTing - if it makes you happy, go for it, as long as it doesn't impact my play.

don't care about what people choose to do with their game. i'm cool with anything, so if people wanna hack they can go for it
i love seeing what people come up with in their hacked towns, the lack of limitations must be really fun to have

I completely agree with you. I recently bought another game and found out hacking just became available for 11.4-.5 and i'm also pretty lazy

I think hacked towns are really dope and look pretty cool, even though I will never hack my town. Although it looks good, I think it shows lack of creativity.

I just wish acnl would give you an option to change rock placement and grass regrowth without hacking

Some hacked towns are very pretty. I've come across a lot of fruit tree designs that are quite nice. As long as it's not overdone I don't see a problem with it.

Back