Opinions on Hacked Towns?

If I were able to do it, I'd just put some PWPs on the beach, probably, like someone else said. I don't care otherwise. It's their game.

I'm vaguely jealous of them occasionally, but mostly for the simple things - having cedars anywhere on the map, unlocking PWPs without frustration (or with less frustration), fudging some of the spacing issues with PWPs, placing villager houses efficiently, and so on. I like visiting the overly hacked towns, with trees and houses in rivers, or two plaza trees, or houses on beaches, but I personally probably wouldn't hack my own town, as I prefer not having to worry about (more than usual) glitches and corrupt data. The overly hacked towns are interesting but I'd be too worried about how things would function once hacked, like would all my villagers now drown.

i hacked one of my towns a little a few months back to make certain areas less bleh. i moved the cafe one square back, put bushes and trees around the edges of the town/close to the river, got a villager i had accidentally lost back and uhhh that's basically it. i don't care about what other people do w their towns but for me it was Nice 2 fix those things because they had really been bothering me lol

I don't mind them, but usually, when people hack they go over the top with it. Trees everywhere, Clovers all over the river, bushes blocking everything except where they want you to walk, all houses in an unappealing robotic straight line. And it just...doesn't look nice.

For me, it personally depends on what kind of hacking. I really don't like it when there are trees in the river and weeds in ponds and the houses and PWPs are all backed up on top of each other - I think it looks crowded and basically really weird. I know the special limitations can be really annoying, but a lot of those problems can be overcome with a bit of creative landscaping and pathing. I guess some hacked towns can look good, but I personally prefer seeing towns that work within the limitation of the game's framework. Since that's how I play, I like to get ideas and inspiration. I just find that hacked towns can look a bit crowded, or like stuff has been put everywhere just because they can?

Hacked towns are pretty cool. You get to have more freedom with what you do and where you put things and even make little changes that make your town look amazing.

I love my town to be creative and beautiful but it had to be in MY own effort! There's alot of nice way to beautiful my town even without hack but I will never consider that because I love everything to look nice and satisfied and also remind me of my own effort. That way I will really appreciate every nook and corner of my town and each rooms I personally created it.

Hacked town is beaufiful, nothing wrong except you hack. But they re only nice to display to others. No more fun and I believe the OP will get bored of it really soon and recreate the town again and again.

I am with the majority here and think that you can play the game however you like to! In general, I prefer to see what people can come up with within the game's limitations, but hacking for appearance reasons doesn't bother me, like, on a moral level. I don't always enjoy visiting hacked dream towns, though. I wouldn't like it if trees were placed right next to each other, making it hard to move around (it's hard enough as it is sometimes with bushes and trees so close together!). One time I dreamed of a town and the town tree was replaced by the fountain pwp... I guess that was a step too far for me because I went straight back to my town haha. I'm sure it was beautiful, but I just wasn't feeling it. I did visit a town recently that had pink flowers and bamboo in the water and it was really pretty!

I think hacked towns are cool. People can play however they want, and I love seeing how creative people are. The only thing I don't like is when people hack their towns to the point they're pretty much impossible to navigate or are mazes.

I think its cool. I don't like it tho when people go overboard and put trees in the water, or even duplicating their town tree! It's just my opinion tho, animal crossing is a game that's supposed to be pure and give you joy, so hacking in it is definitely not bad. Even I'm getting tempted to hack my town just to move my villager's house one space up to match Whitney's. Its bothering me soooo much.

IEven I'm getting tempted to hack my town just to move my villager's house one space up to match Whitney's. Its bothering me soooo much.

Urghhh I feel you lol...but even if hack is legal and widely use I will still follow the rules of the game and won't go overboard like placing tree on top of the house or pond or etc. I might probably just rearrange my villager/character house that's it.

This thread better get busy again. Just something I wanted to say:

When it comes to the very hacked dream towns I see, what interests me is the towns that are more unique. One person make a town that is urban on one side, and forestry on the other. It was really cool! If I had the dream address, I would share it.
That's what I like to see with hacked towns! Making something original. All of these forest towns are just copies of the other, all the same. Nobody likes them anymore, come on. And the cherry-blossom filled ones, too. It's all the same pink throughout the town, which gets annoying. Mixing it up a little would be cool, you know?

That's just the stuff that annoys me when people hack their town. Just to make it a copycat of another hacked town. Seems like all those artsy towns I find on blogs and stuff are now the same, nothing unique. If people could make their towns more interesting with hacks, I would like it more, and their town would get more attention.

Pretty sure I mentioned this in other places, but it annoys me now.
:)

I wouldn't do it personally, but as long as the person isn't doing anything to damage others I'm all for it! It's cool to see what people can come up with without the constraints you are normally given.

Love. Them.
Some are what I really want in my own town. Of course, I wouldn't make it obvious. I hate overboard towns. Really? Three town trees? I'd move around houses, but wouldn't make it obviously hacked. I'd spawn every item, unlock all pwps, get my favorites, finally be able to recreate my ww town...That town was awesome and I still think so...Until it was stolen...cause I left my DS at my moms friends house...Yomoro, it's probably deleted...I'll stop before I get too emotional. But hey, maybe I'd change the name to Yomoro for sentimental value.And all the flowers will be mine!! MWUHAHAHAHA >: D
...Ahem. I'd love to do that right now, but apparently the old 3ds don't work and the back plate of my New 3ds is like an over-obssessive girlfriend, won't let go.

Last edited:
A lot of hacked towns are really cool, and I would hack if I could because of easy house placements and stuff, but I feel like a lot of hacked towns are really repetitive and a good majority of them look the same.

Some go way overboard with hacking though, to the point where it just looks silly.

My 3DS is 11.5, or I would try to give hacking a shot. I'm just sick of laying patterns everywhere..

Love. Them.
Some are what I really want in my own town. Of course, I wouldn't make it obvious. I hate overboard towns. Really? Three town trees? I'd move around houses, but wouldn't make it obviously hacked. I'd spawn every item, unlock all pwps, get my favorites, finally be able to recreate my ww town...That town was awesome and I still think so...Until it was stolen...cause I left my DS at my moms friends house...Yomoro, it's probably deleted...I'll stop before I get too emotional. But hey, maybe I'd change the name to Yomoro for sentimental value.And all the flowers will be mine!! MWUHAHAHAHA >: D
...Ahem. I'd love to do that right now, but apparently the old 3ds don't work and the back plate of my New 3ds is like an over-obssessive girlfriend, won't let go.
I think I pmed you about the old 3ds. Did you check?

This thread better get busy again. Just something I wanted to say:

When it comes to the very hacked dream towns I see, what interests me is the towns that are more unique. One person make a town that is urban on one side, and forestry on the other. It was really cool! If I had the dream address, I would share it.
That's what I like to see with hacked towns! Making something original. All of these forest towns are just copies of the other, all the same. Nobody likes them anymore, come on. And the cherry-blossom filled ones, too. It's all the same pink throughout the town, which gets annoying. Mixing it up a little would be cool, you know?

That's just the stuff that annoys me when people hack their town. Just to make it a copycat of another hacked town. Seems like all those artsy towns I find on blogs and stuff are now the same, nothing unique. If people could make their towns more interesting with hacks, I would like it more, and their town would get more attention.

Pretty sure I mentioned this in other places, but it annoys me now.
:)

This is very true! All of the dream towns now-adays are basically the same and no originality is put into them. Usual forest town with black and white flowers set in summer at sunset. that describes every forest town basically :(

Back