• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

your favorite flower combinations

Hanami

bittersweet
Peach 🍑
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Perfect Apple
Perfect Peach
Red Heart Balloon
Sweet Heart Balloon
Pink Heart Balloon
Plum Blossom
Baby Chick Easter Egg
Ladybug Easter Egg
Bee Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
i recently started a new town and i'm contemplating flower combo ideas for my town

what are your favorite flower combinations? :)

purple is my favorite color, so i like to make combos with purple and white flowers:

- purple tulips + white carnations
- purple roses / purple tulips + jacob's ladders

^^^ i like using those combos, but tbh my town's flowers aren't really patterned- i placed them randomly with each other for a less organized feel- so i'm no expert on flower combos at allll

hope you get some really good ideas! :blush:

I really love the look of yellow pansies patterned with yellow violets, with a few white cosmos thrown in. Add some lemon trees around too and it looks so so cute, bright and happy.

I also love white violets, purple violets, white pansies and purple roses/pansies together. That's how I landscaped all of Primrose, because purple is my favorite color as well heh (and it looks soo relaxing)

Whenever I want flower inspiration I like to visit Mayor Estel's town of Citalune (4F00-001F-F5E6). She's so talented at making sunset-ish, bright and vibrant flower arrangements:

tumblr_nxnrhpYerv1r9quzlo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_n6i9495qhe1r9quzlo1_400.jpg

Last edited:
Pink and yellow roses go quite well also pink and purple. And orange hybrids go well with black ones :)

Violets, Tulips, Jacob's Ladders, and Lillies, I'm growing very fond of pansies.

I love red and white combinations like roses, and tulips! It gives like a very classy vibe to my town. I also like pink and white together as well!

Pink and white flowers of any type
Pink and purple roses/tulips as well

I'm not normally a fan of pastels or bright colours, but I do love me a good section of pink and white carnations with purple violets - it's very, very dizzying but oh-so-pretty. By contrast, my northern, foresty part of town has got mostly black/white flowers, with a couple of purples, and blues strewn about. The white violets, which have a purple sheen, do really well with black flowers. I also love combining blue pansies, white violets, and blue violets for a more mature, mystical feel.

black on black, just like my outfits in real life lol. i like alternating between two different black flowers for a more textured and less uniform look.

I love the way purple and white goes together, using lilies, tulips and roses it is my favorite combo, if you are going for more vibrant and cheerful colors, i recommend yellow and orange with roses and tulips and if you want more softer colors I would use white and pink roses, its adorable! Hope this helps

I generally like to keep the same kinds of flowers together, I put lilies with lilies and tulips with tulips, roses with roses etc. although, there are some mixed combinations that look really good, too. These are some of my favourite combinations;
- pink and black lilies
- white violets and pink lilies
- pink and blue roses
- purple and blue pansies
- orange and black lilies
- pink and purple tulips
- purple and orange tulips

It really depends on your town theme, though! Pastel towns suit white, pink and purple flowers, zen towns suit the orange and black tones, modern towns look good with black and blue. So on. So forth. I love just playing around with random flower combinations! You can be really surprised by what works. It also depends on what is around it, villager homes, PWPs, ect. Just have fun mixing and matching!

I've been doing gold and white roses together in some parts of my town by lemon trees, which I really like the look of. :)

my favorite of all time is the classic black rose/white carnation combo or white rose/black rose combo .w.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, because I'm too sleepy to backread all the posts, but I love yellow violets and pink cosmos together. Purple violets and pink cosmos are also lovely. I think violets and cosmos could go with any flower really, lol

I've got a few different colour combos in mine town. I like black and orange tulips together, pink and orange Lilly's, black and gold or black and pink roses, pink and white roses, white and blue pansies.

I really like blue & orange/white flowers and white & purple ones. I love white in general so I like to mix a lot of it with random flowers haha. I think those combinations look really nice !

black, red, and purple roses.
blue pansies and yellow violets.
red pansies, white cosmos, and pink roses.
gold roses, jacobs ladders, purple tulips, blue roses.
white pansies, pink carnations, blue violets.
black lily, red tulips, jacobs ladders.
pink cosmos, pink lily, white pansies.
white pansies, purple roses, and blue violets.

Back