• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Washed my game

froggyb

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Did some laundry yesterday. Went to put it in the dryer and there on the bottom was my new leaf cartridge.

Couldnt bring myself to try it to see if it still works. But it does, no problems. Anybody ever accidentally wash one of their games?

Also I got a new kitten yesterday. Scruffy black kitten with big tufts of fur sticking out of her ears.

I literally never play any other games on my 3DS so I just never take new leaf out! Washing it would be super scary

Washing your game generally doesn't sound like a good idea... it's good to hear that it still works though! Not an issue I've ever had myself but it would be super scary if it did.

omg make sure to update us on what happened- losing or washing my game is, like, my biggest fear ;;

Haven't done that, but it would definitely freak me out.

Also, yay! for adopting a new kitten! She sounds adorable!

Can't say I ever have. I generally keep all my cartridges either in the 3DS or it goes straight into the cartridge holder on my desk.
Glad it seems to be working okay though! Also, congrats on the kitten. Pick a name yet?

Yeah I really didnt want to know if it was all gone so I waited to test it. And I've sort of been expecting it to crap out on me but its been working all night and this morning. Nintendo stuff has always been tough.

I havent thought of a name for the kitten yet, its solid black and I'm trying to come up with a good one. He/she is a sweet little thing but pretty timid and has been hiding most of the time since I brought it home.

This is one of the many, many reasons I will be purchasing a digital copy of this game. And because ACNL isn't sold in any of the stores around where I live anymore.

yikes. I never take the cartridge out of my 3ds, it always stays there. If i wanted to take it out, i would put it back in its case, not in a pocket or something lol

too bad that happened to you :( hopefully it still works. Most cases where people spill something on their acnl cartridge, the game completely glitches/breaks.

I've done the same thing before. I had both Pokemon Diamond and Pearl in my pockets because I took them over so I could play with my cousin when I was younger.

They were washed and dried by the time I found them. They still worked! In fact, I still have that same Diamond copy, and I play it every once in a while.

My advice to you, let it sit for at least one day to make sure it's completely dry before trying it.
It should be okay as long as it's dry, but if it doesn't work I'm very sorry for your loss. ;_;

Edit: Oh, and congrats on the kitten! Best feeling in the world is bringing home a new member of the family.

Last edited:
What I always do when I take a game in my pocket is put it in one of those plastic gamecard holders, that way, when you accidentally wash it, it should be ok

A couple of weeks ago, I was "babysitting" my cousins (lol they are the same age as me) and I had brought over both my 3DS's, my New one and my Old one. I had my animal Crossing main town game cartridge in my New 3DS and my Pokemon Alpha Sapphire in my other one. (and yes I still play it, even after Sun and moon :p)
We ended up staying at their house past midnight. We were going to stay there, but we drove the hour home and ended up getting back at around 1;30 in the morning. I was so tired and I remembered quickly taking my game cartridges out of the case in my kitchen, so with the lights off, I took them out and just sort of chucked them on the side near the cases, so i could put them in the next day.
When I woke up, my mum had put the washing machine on and I couldn't find my two game cartridges.
I didn't think much of it because I sort of just chucked them, so I started looking for them and after looking for around 30 mins, thats when I got worried and just started thinking I'd accidentally thrown them in the trash can (the trash had been collected before I got up)
I just sort of carried on with my day feeling gutted.
I had taken out the washing later that day and my two game cartridges fell out. I had too blow the water out of them and put them in a bowl of rice for a day and (THANK GOD) Animal crossing was fine.
Pokemon was fine at startup and pretty much the whole game, but sometimes, for less than a second the screen goes white, which Is kind of annoying, but I can live with it.
It was really stressful in the mean time though.

I washed pokemon soul silver and adventure time adventure time has giant plastic bubbles in it looked like a monster after the dryer but if this happens just gut the game (take out the game chip) and put it in a new plastic 3ds cartridge

Last edited:
My cousins just leave their games lying on the floor of their room. It drives me crazy. I could never do that. Why would you want to just keep everything potentially where it could be damaged when it takes two seconds to put them back on a shelf/and or case. It's a good thing all of you had luck for the most part.

Last edited:
Back