• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Draw This Again! (Art Challenge)

Keldi

-------------------------
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Isabelle
ど
Yellow Candy
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Pear (Fruit)
Ah, yes. Draw This Again!, an art challenge I found on DeviantArt that has you redraw an old piece of artwork. I found this one, and allow me to bash my younger self with what I did wrong:
20170820_073812.jpg
Now, to bash my younger self with what I did wrong:
*I didn't try to make the shading smooth. Like at all.
*Miku's hair band isn't even colored
*On the topic of hair, the shading/strands are just all over the place, and while it works for this drawing, it also doesn't, y'know?
*The hand is so awkwardly drawn.
*Do not get me started on the black parts

Anyway, I'll be redrawing this! I wanna see other people redraw old pictures too! Remember to post the old then the new to show your improvement! I'll edit this with my new drawing when it's done.
Edit: Holy shoots...I just found old art supplies that I'm pretty sure were used to make the old drawing. I'm going to use them for my new drawing, just for the heck of it.
Oof, nevermind...Things come up and cause issues...well, maybe other people can still do the draw this again! Challenge, ^ ^

Last edited:
Yay I really like these tags lol. I should delve back further and find my ancient drawings from 2008-2009 because I stopped drawing for a while.. @_@
KqvVRRA.jpg

What I learned is that if you take your time drawing your lineart, like defining the direction of hair and clothing folds, it's a lot easier/faster to color! xD And I also learned to keep flipping my images horizontally to make sure my art isn't too left-leaning or right-leaning... it's hard to describe.

Yay I really like these tags lol. I should delve back further and find my ancient drawings from 2008-2009 because I stopped drawing for a while.. @_@
KqvVRRA.jpg

What I learned is that if you take your time drawing your lineart, like defining the direction of hair and clothing folds, it's a lot easier/faster to color! xD And I also learned to keep flipping my images horizontally to make sure my art isn't too left-leaning or right-leaning... it's hard to describe.

Aw she's so cute! I wish I could, but with an old drawing I'm so nitpicky and with school coming up I won't have the time for that.
I loove seeing improvements though! My sister does the flipping thing too, so I definitely know what you're talking about! :D

did a small redraw today after seeing facebook's "memories" reminding me a pic that I drew exactly a year ago....

DH7usOTUwAANwRv.jpg

don't think I've improved too much in terms of coloring but! I think I've defo improved a lil more in terms of anatomy ^__T

found this drawing from 2012 (aged 10) earlier lmfao
image.png

so here's a redraw i suppose (age 15)
image.jpg

[this sketch took like...20 minutes? the original i believe took me like a couple of hours lmfao]

Reviving this thread because I like redrawing things when I'm bored lol

Man I used to be more experimental with colors. ;_; Nowadays I'm more worried about balance and stuff xD
7qwzILi.jpg

Last edited:
I experimented with a new art style yesterday:
-Unicorn-.jpg
5cm_s_by_keiamo-dbmdbak.jpg
I love how my experiment turned out <3 It takes longer though since it's not something I'm used to but I'll definately use it more often ^ ^

Back