• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Total Eclipse, Dead Ahead!

Starts in 20 minutes. Gonna get to see a total eclipse if it's not too cloudy!

I noticed something strange. It's unusually brighter outside at this time of the day than it is on a normal day. Maybe it's a signal that the sky is going dark.

Last edited:
The clouds were getting thick about an hour ago, but they've begun breaking up now, so I'm hopeful we'll get to see the eclipse.

It's basically starting now in like oregon. I'm sooo hype. Too bad i live in like 50% zone.

hasnt started yet, its still bright out. its gonna start in an hour for me.

looks like tbt has the eclipse already!

It's getting darker here. It already feels like the evening.

So did anybody see the eclipse?

Last edited:
I seen it! It got really dark, but I took a chance and walked outside to see it (with my protected shades of course).

I wasn't able to get much with my phone, either. But a customer came in who had glasses and he insisted I try them. It was a little before our peak, but there was a significant amount covered. And I've been watching some of the streaming.

Time to start planning for April 8, 2024 - the next big one! :)

K so I saw the totality and that might just have been the coolest thing I've ever seen in my life.

I was really looking forward to this, but I couldn't even see it because it was blocked by trees. I'm really disappointed. :(

I GOT TO LOOK AT IT WITHOUT MY GLASSES. I took a picture of it but the eclipse didn't show up on my camera for some reason it just looks like normal sun.

Same

Now it's 2 hours after the eclipse and it's soooooo bright outside. All the eclipse did was make it a teensy bit dark, but just another usual day for me anyway

It was really dull and weird where I was at 96% coverage. I was expecting it to be darker than it was, but alas.

Back