• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Total Eclipse, Dead Ahead!

In my country i will be able to see it , but:
-Its right the day i get back to school
-It will happen for me at 10:30AM , when im inside of the classroom , and since its first day of school , its most likely our teacher wont let us go outside to see it
-It will barely have a 50% visibility for me
sigh

I live in New England so we'll only be getting like 65-70% coverage. Didn't get the glasses but I'm looking more forward to how dark it gets, honestly. Also, apparently we'll be getting another, more total eclipse here in 2024.

My science teacher gave everyone in class their own pair of eclipse glasses to use and what she's gonna do is send an email to our second and third period teachers to let us go out and look at the eclipse, and then when we go back to fifth period we return the glasses to her.

But this is pretty cool as it does take some time to see an eclipse.

it's 75% totality where I live, i want to see how dark the sky will get honestly

Welp, the sun has set in the United States. When it comes back up, it will be blocked. Remember to keep your eclipse glasses on, or just stay inside.

one of my friends booked a hotel room in Charleston, South Carolina, months ago for this occasion, and i'm jealoust and wish I was going with her.
I wanna see the total eclipseeeee!!!

Where I live its only 27% totality and I don't have the glasses. It also occurs at 5:50 AM. *sigh*

I'm 20 miles away from the 100% zone...do I really want to make the effort for 1%? Do I really want to miss out on a total eclipse because I'm too lazy to drive 20 miles? I'm at war with myself.

Going to build a box when I get home, I get off work at 8 and it's supposed to happen here mostly around 9-10 so I'll have time to throw a box together and get some viewing time before going to sleep. XD I'm going to try to take pictures in the box but we'll see how it turned out!

I was all set to make a pinhole projector to watch, but my boss was just in and said he thinks there's a welding mask kicking around the shop. If so, he'll bring it over so I can use that. That would be ideal.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it. It'll be happening for us (New England) at 1:30, so fun afternoon. :)

Enjoy watching, but stay safe!

I hear the eclipse will take place between 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM Central Time.

Happening for me at around 2:30pm EST. Website says that I'll be able to see it about 60% actually, which is nice :)

Actually about 60-80%. Dunno what website said it'll be 20% lol

Last edited:
PSA: don't pick up any strange plants today and ESPECIALLY do not feed them
latest

It's about to begin! Only 10 minutes until it starts!

I'm not going to get to see it, it's not in my area.

lmao it's cloudy right now so I can't even see the sun

Back