Total Eclipse, Dead Ahead!

^Yeah absolutely. I expected it to be darker.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It only got really dark right before totality and then got light again fairly quickly

Here y'all go:
BLI1qBJ.jpg

FazrHYq.jpg
It also looked like a crescent, but my phone couldn't capture it lol
Edit: btw for the people saying it wouldn't show up on camera, you had to lower your camera brightness and put the lens of the glasses above the camera

Last edited:
I took some okay-ish photos, though there was a lot of cloud coverage in my area today. The lens flare caused a cool effect where you could see the crescent in almost every photo, so I'll take it since I obviously lack the equipment to properly photograph an eclipse. :p

nuMYpsF.jpg

tsyAymQ.jpg

k2GckBZ.jpg

The final photo was taken at the peak of the eclipse, so super skinny crescent in that one.

I'm in St. Louis so was in the line of totality. Some schools called off. We made an eclipse day of it and had different activities and then the whole school viewed it outside. I really wasn't that thrilled about it until it happened. It was really cool watching it get dark and feeling a cool breeze rush by. Taking the glasses off and viewing totality really can't be captured in an image the way it was in person. Another one is happening nearby in 2024 too.

Last edited:
Here y'all go:
BLI1qBJ.jpg

FazrHYq.jpg
It also looked like a crescent, but my phone couldn't capture it lol
Edit: btw for the people saying it wouldn't show up on camera, you had to lower your camera brightness and put the lens of the glasses above the camera

Thanks for telling 3 hours after the eclipse, I'll make sure to do that in what, 8 years?

I thought it would get darker too. I only lived in partial view so I didn't expect it to get pitch black or anything, but I thought it would be darker than it was. It just looked like it was late in the afternoon here.

Thanks for telling 3 hours after the eclipse, I'll make sure to do that in what, 8 years?

I'm just saying bc people said that before, I know it's too late obviously
And I don't see the need for that unnecessary sarcasm, but you do you ;p

I've been working at a science center in New Jersey for almost a year now and today was the most hectic day. We were handing out free solar frames and broadcasting the eclipse in its totality, so we got about 10,00 guests today. It was a huge line for the frames, and I overheard a lot of guests complaining. Luckily today I wasn't working in customer service like I usually do. It worked out in the end though I heard.

I saw it myself it and it was nice. The next one in 2024 will be a lot closer to where I will. Might even move closer to it by that time!

Back