• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Splatoon Clearing the 4th Boss with all Weapons [SPOILERS]

Holla

Easter Moon
Cherry 🍒
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
If you haven't beaten the 4th boss in Splatoon 2 yet I suggest you stop reading this and leave this thread to avoid spoilers. You have been warned.

--------------------------------------
Anyone have any tips for clearing the 4th boss the Octo Shower with each of the different weapons? The Charger took me about 15 mins but more recently I did it with the Hero Shot and it took me over half an hour. It was such a pain. >.<

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for the other wepaons especially the ones with even shorter range? Any help is appreciated thanks!

Last edited:
I am having the darndest time trying to get through a few of the levels with the hero shot. I tried to find a video of how to do some of the long range things with it but I just cannot seem to find anything. Haaaaaalp!

I've only done it with the Hero Octobrush, so that's the weapon I'll be going by. No idea if the stage is different for the brush compared to the other non-sniper weapons though. The things I noted to myself are:

1) A very important factor is to upgrade the weapon so that you have the best chance of hitting the thing. Shouldn't be too hard to collect the necessary power eggs if you've been going through the rest of the levels with the weapon.

2) Build up a well inked floor when you get the chance and keep re-inking when neccesary. Seems obvious, but it's good to leave many routes around to speed up getting to the right vantage point. Nothing worse than getting to the Octo-Copters and the whole thing moving away because you took too long.

3) Try to get a feel of where you should be heading based on it's location. It can be a bit hard at first, but since you've already done the Heroshot, you're probably pretty good with this. Likewise, if there's a particular rail that you had good success with, try to lead it over there when you can, so you can use it as much as you can.

4) This is probably more of a Brush thing, but a problem I had was that once it was down, it took me a scarily long time to ink the tentacle because I was too busy trying to do it as fast as possible instead of actually getting to a good spot. Because it kind of sits on a tilt, it ended up blocking a lot of my ink. It never ended up stopping me from getting it each time, but it's something I'd surely avoid next time.

All pretty stock standard things really, so sorry if it doesn't help at all. The boss is certainly not made for most weapons that aren't the charger, and the alterations made to the level are essentially making it 'possible' rather than actually accommodating to them. So if you're going for the full set, you're probably in for some annoying showertime fun. I'll probably be joining you in doing it with every weapon soon enough.

Edit:
Oh, and Alesha. Depending on the levels you're having trouble with, Splatbombs are super useful for a lot of the long range stuff like the in grapple hook and propeller levels. But for the most part if it's fully upgraded you shouldn't have too much trouble reaching things.

Last edited:
Thanks Rupleteaser! Some of those things I did already know but your info definitely does help, thanks!

Unrelated but I see you're a Fritz fan! Nice to see someone else who likes the SOS series on here!

Last edited:
I have fully upgraded my hero shot. I am stuck on lair 21. The middle 'warp' zone. I have tried bombs, but it seems like you have to do 2 back to back or you end up in a never ending loop.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually been thinking of trying for the dualies instead cuz of this.

Hmmm, I'm assuming you mean Lair 19, the one with the three different routes to get three keys?
I just tested it out with my fully upgraded splattershot and found it crazy easy just by inking constantly while aiming straight ahead. If you try too hard to aim for the actual grapple hook you'll often miss your chance, so making your you aim a above them is the way to go. Unless you were thinking of a different level.

And Holla, I am indeed a Fritz fan! I only recently started playing Story of Seasons (Put it off because I found it hard to get into ANB) but I've been rather enjoying it a lot!

With the help of many tips I've now managed to beat it with the Charger of course, Hero Shot, Roller and Dualies. Dualies has been the toughest so far due to range. Roller is great just be sure to use the vertical flick for more range. For the Dualies I found myself pretty much having to jump right on top of the boss and take out as many of those flying Octarians as possible before I got knocked off. After falling off using a curling bomb to quickly get away is useful so you don't get doused by the shower afterwards.

On average it's still taking me 20-30mins on average to beat this boss so it seems patience is key.

do you get anything if you use all weapons in all stages

You get the hero version of each weapon to use in Multiplayer. So for example, if you do all 27 stages and 5 boss fights with the Dualies then you get the Hero Dualies. Sadly like the first game they are just reskins of the original version so just a way to show off that you completed Hero mode with said weapon. So the Hero Shot Repilca with have the exact same stats, sub and special as the regular old Splattershot only it'll visually appear as the Hero Shot from the single player campaign.

You get the hero version of each weapon to use in Multiplayer. So for example, if you do all 27 stages and 5 boss fights with the Dualies then you get the Hero Dualies. Sadly like the first game they are just reskins of the original version so just a way to show off that you completed Hero mode with said weapon. So the Hero Shot Repilca with have the exact same stats, sub and special as the regular old Splattershot only it'll visually appear as the Hero Shot from the single player campaign.

Okay so you do get something, awesome.

I'll have to get the Hero Dualies then. I LOVE the dualies in multiplayer, especially with their special (Tenta Missiles). I feel like McCree from Overwatch with them.

Stage 19 was somewhat easy. I found that even with some of the shorter range weapons you could hit the second grapple in the chain of five, which minimized the annoyance.

The 4th boss is really getting on my nerves. He keeps ****ing lurking out of reach. Hero Brella is annoying and I've cleared it with the Hero Roller, Dualies, Charger, and Shot so far. I think the most annoying will be the Inkbrush or Blaster

- - - Post Merge - - -

The 4th boss has the things you shoot and they roll across the stage. What is the point of those in this boss?

- - - Post Merge - - -

13 minutes for the Hero Brella.

Got it down to 3 minutes on that minigun weapon thank god. I'll be able to have the total clear time for age sector under thirty minutes :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

I stand corrected

I got 2:34 on the Hero Blaster.

Thank you guys for letting me know about what you unlock. Just got the Hero Brush and I am now 100% done with Hero Mode!

I am rethinking the hero brush. How bad was it?

Back