• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

House decorating tips?

ctar17

Bells
Switch
1638-5772-1014
Hey y'all!

So my house is a mess. My rooms have a bunch of furniture, and they don't seem to match up with sets. I really want to redecorate nicely. I plan to do my main room in the red sleek theme, but I only have 4 of the pieces of furniture in the set. Any tips on how to decorate houses nicely?

Thanks

You could mix in a few pieces of exotic furniture, remade in black. The chair or a table would fit in nicely, I think, and have clean lines to compliment the sleek design. The classic sofa, remade in violet chocolate, gives a more red-hued fabric; that might work, too. It's expensive, but saving up for a couple of Gracie gorgeous items might work as showpieces in the room.

I'd add some plants, to soften all the hard lines of the furniture, and give it contrast, and maybe a painting or statue (if you get a duplicate from Redd after donating to the museum) that seems more contemporary to you. The great statue (black and gold) would be stunning.

Personally, I'd go with more neutral walls and floors, so they aren't competing with the furniture, but the best advice is to just try different pieces together and see what you like. Hope that helps.

Thank you! Now I just need to find all the furniture pieces.

You could also incorporate some furniture from the modern set. It can also be customized to red and I think it would look really nice with the sleek set. Adding plants is also a great idea. The bromeliaceae is one I would go for, but almost any plant will do.

I love when people mix and match furniture rather than sticking to just one set. It gives a room more personality and variety.

I’m not very good house decorating either but I find using items of the same colour or theme works well. I like the whacky themes, so the fruit theme, the spooky theme the egg theme. I tend to try and separate the room up a little. It’s diffi to explain, but in my main room I’ve got a dinning table and chairs in the very centre of the room so you have to walk around it. I’ve then got the sofa coming out from the wall rather than it being straight up against it create a bit of a sitting area at a right angle in the one corner.

Just fill a room with as many froggy chairs and gyroids as you can. Then go with rainbow wallpaper and flooring and you've got yourself a perfect house!

Happy decorating

Back