Do you fully expand your house?

It's a must or you miss out on obtaining VIP status, and participating in the Happy Home Academy Theme Challenge which really puts your decorating skills to the test. It's well worth it, my house is all gold now. I've linked the guide below for anyone who may not have known about it.
Click here > Happy Home Academy Theme Challenge Guide

I don't give a darn about the HHA to be honest so I consider my house completely finished. It's fully expanded except for the basement which is at the second size. It's a cozy little TV room and I love it the way it is. :)

for those interested

Last edited:
I usually stop at the main floor, upstairs, basement, and back room. I don't really like the way the houses look with rooms on the left & right, but I might get over that eventually.

I don't think I've ever fully expanded a house. I occasionally get the urge to add a room or expand one because I want more decorating space and there's just so many furniture pieces and unique items in the game I want to display. But I always go back to thinking that if I want to change things up, I'll just re-decorate, instead of having everything all at once.

I usually fully expand my mayor's house bc of completionist urges, but for my side characters I'll usually leave a couple rooms unexpanded/not even build them. idk, sometimes it's just easier to decorate smaller rooms?

my mayor's house is expanded as large as can be because well it just makes me feel rich in-game lol and also i love filling up the space. i believe in one or two rooms i've reached the max furniture limit

my second player/side characters house isnt fully expanded bc some rooms were just better smaller.
i was expanding as i was decorating.
if i found i needed more room, i upgraded. if i thought it looked finished with a small space, i left it!

i'm going to be doing the same w/ my third player whenever i decidxe to add one lol

i don't! i usually have a rough plan of what each room in each house is going to be, and then from there i think about sizing. like, if my upstairs is going to be a plant-y attic bedroom, i'm probably going to only expand that room's dimensions once, so it remains small. for the character houses that are public spaces (2nd char's onsen, 3rd char's magic school), the rooms are generally pretty big bc i imagine a lot of visitors in there :')

Not yet. I have the the rooms but all of them, except the first floor main room, need to be expanded. I'm still paying off my house loan from the basement.

yes! i do, i feel it leave more space to play around with and to add small details, that are much easier to do in bigger rooms :lemon:

I wish i could leave some rooms small as a bathroom or something, just for aesthetic reasons. But I hate that it feels incomplete and i want to finish things, so I have to upgrade it all the way.

I did expand my mayor's house, and that's the only one I have in Salem right now. I kind of wish I'd left the side and rear rooms a bit smaller. For what I want to use them for, it would have been cozier. It would be nice if they'd give us an update to be able to reduce the size of rooms, but I suppose that won't happen.

For my second town I will fully upgrade my mayor's house and for my other characters houses I haven't decided yet what i'm gonna do with them but I am thinking of making one stay as a tent.

Back