what's the story behind your town name?

davekats

bees??
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
i finally reset my spare game (for only 13 million :u) which i've put off because i couldn't think of a good enough name! i decided on "omega" because back when i was 9 my cousin gave me his copy of wild world where his town name was omega! i reset my ww town a few times (which im a lil sad about) but omega is still where i got my start so if i'm gonna work to plan and create a whole new town i want it to be omega for the memories :')

what about all of you :D

I like the name Omega. And that's a perfectly lovely reason to use it. My town name (Houdini) was a completely spur-of-the-moment jokey name, there's nothing Houdini-esque about it. I'm really fond of changing my mind about what kind of names I like, so this kind of prevents me from over-perfectionisting it too much. I wish I had a better backstory for you!

I named my town "Joy", because it's my daughters middle name. Plus, it's such a happy name, and I wanted my town to be a Joy to visit.

I named my town Yazoo, which is a small stream/river that runs alongside and eventually joins a larger river.

...I really just named it after a FF character though.. >-> but hey, it has an actual meaning and it's cute hehe

I've been naming towns after cities from some of my favorite games. My current town is named Teufort though, after a map in Team Fortress 2. :U

Wild World is my childhood<3 I always named my towns B World or something stupid because i had no brain and i couldn't think of anything. I'm not good at decision making lol

This time was different. When i got ACNL it was..the same week or a week after Robin Williams died and i believe he is an amazing man who made the whole world smile so in memory of him i wanted to some how name my town after him. I chose Aladin but i cant remember now if i had a brain fart and spelt it wrong or was worried about copyright so i named it Aladine which i think even after its meaning, has it's own magic.

Omega is a nice town name, sometimes we go for something familiar to us and just stick with it. My familiar to do with Animal Crossing is Bunnie..she was in my WW town and now she is in my ACNL town (as well as my room in plushie form). Not too sure if shes always been there since i always reset my town but as far as i know now, she currently is in both and i hope it stays that way (i neglected WW for obvious reasons).

I named my town Seaport because I thought it sounded good. Back in the Wild World days, I named my town after the real life city I live in. And when New Leaf was first coming out, I named my town Popstar after the planet from Kirby (I started hating that name after the first week lmao).

I named my first town Sundance after a My Little Pony character (the first generation, old one) x)
My second town Hangzhou is a real city in China that I found searching up Wikipedia x)

Ruplumet came about due to my older brother having the honour of naming my WW town. It ended up being a mispelt version of Rue Plumet from Les Miserables.
Coincidently, it turned out to match my name quite well spelling-wise, so I've kept the name for all subsequent towns.

My first town was named after my dog because I was a dumb lil fourth grader.
My second town is Pies, because why not.

Ooh! Well, I have made 3 towns...

Eeville: My first town.. I didn't know what to call it but I wanted it to be Pokemon related. I also wanted it to be a -ville so I picked Eevee and named it Eeville :p

Merville: My hometown, located on Vancouver Island, Canada.

Erised: The Mirror of Erised from Harry Potter. It is the word "desire" spelled backwards. When looking into the mirror, it shows the reflection of your most deepest desires.

My town is named Eden, after the Garden of Eden.
I wanted a name related to "paradise" or "heaven", and I also wanted something in Hebrew (my native language). Eden refers to both those things.

Mittens. I wanted my town to see warm and inviting, especially in the winter :blush:

But mostly I just couldn't think of anything.

Back