Weird things that make you feel really uncomfortable?

When I'm in a public place and I just want to people watch, but the bystanders keep catching my glance. Then it just becomes this awkward timed glances battle. So I end up just staring at the ground or my hands deciding if it's safe to look up.

Strangers talking to me. Bruh leave me alone there is a reason I usually have earphones on lol.

And random drunk/druggies trying to have a conversation. 99% of the time they aren't even aware of what they are doing so yeah hit on someone else man.

Using public restrooms makes me extremely uncomfortable. I tend not to use them unless absolutely necessary.

-getting onto crowded trains
-waiting for people places
-walking with still traffic beside me
-almost falling in public (esp. on the tube)

This happens to me on a regular basis. People who stare at me when I have my sunglasses on and think, just because I have my sunglasses on I don't realize they are staring at me. So they keep. on. staring.

On the contrary, I actual realize more because I'm looking at you stare at me and you don't know I am. It makes me so uncomfortable.

STOP STARING AT ME.

edit: people staring in general make me uncomfortable actually, especially dudes

Last edited:
Being in public for too long or having someone over/being over at someone's house.

I really hate it when I'm sitting next to someone and our shoulders touch. Some of the lecture theaters at uni are so crammed so I almost always end up touching shoulders with someone. Sometimes I sit half off the seat to avoid it if there's only one person next to me.

On that note being in the middle of two or more people makes me uncomfortable too.

When I'm walking with 2 or more people, I hate standing in line with them and always have to be either in front or behind people.

Just people in general I guess lol

also i find really tall people very intimidating and i always get really uncomfortable around them
along with really tall, muscly guys? idk im generally a small nerd so its just uehguehge

I had this dream that my teacher gave me the wrong schedule for my classes and tbh that caused me a lot of anxiety even in a dream

Getting on and off a bus makes me uncomfortable, I feel like everyone's watching me. At one point is was so bad I didn't even get off the bus at my stop. Eye contact is also something that is very awkward for me and makes me super uncomfortable, I hate that it's something you have to do to be considered professional or polite.

umm when i think i have some trypophobia so i hate looking at stuff like lotus or beehives (this one isn't as bad though). i also have this weirdo fear of skin conditions (part of why i'm so meticulous about skin care! i've had less than a dozen pimples in my life!), so when people have weird skin i get all grossed out. sometimes it ties in with my trypophobia when i imagine close-knit holes or wounds in skin :( ugh ugh now that i've thought of it i'm a shuddery

other things that aren't as obviously gross that make me uncomfortable is being around strangers sometimes- especially if they're my age and already have a friend with them. i feel so awkward and awful and uncomfortable.

When I think about eating soap, I did it when I was little by accident and I still remember exactly how it tastes, it disgusts me so badly it's like I can actually taste it and it's so gross and uncomfortable.

When I'm trying to pass something to a person and our hands touch, idk I hate it and try so hard to avoid it (sometimes I feel like it's obvious by the weird way I'll hold something out hahah but no one ever says anything so maybe not).

I don't do handshakes. I'll do it just to be polite but other than that, I'll just wave.

I can't stand the feeling of my fingernails tapping into things. Any more than the barest white sliver and I just really, really need to trim them or else I can't concentrate. Even the males I know tend to have longer fingernails than me.

Also, one time I ate a cold piece of cooked tilapia, and the oil made it so slimy and ugh ugh ugh even thinking about it I remember the slick sensation and the taste. Awful.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can't stand the feeling of my fingernails tapping into things. Any more than the barest white sliver and I just really, really need to trim them or else I can't concentrate. Even the males I know tend to have longer fingernails than me.

Also, one time I ate a cold piece of cooked tilapia, and the oil made it so slimy and ugh ugh ugh even thinking about it I remember the slick sensation and the taste. Awful.

Me being stuck in my antisocial state, which is like 90% of the time. People think I'm being rude or uninterested, but it's just how I am and I hate it. So I end up having to prove that I am in fact interested in the subject which is also uncomfortable lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and I once accidentally drank green bean juice from a can from the fridge when I was a kid (why did mum leave it in there??). I thought it was fruit juice. Me smelling green beans even 14 years later makes me want to gag sometimes.

Back