• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Clouds

rayta27

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Mailbox
OK so i went into my game and booted up. I ran around for a moment before i saw them standing tall and unmoving in the background. these huge white masses. I thought they were glitched clouds and that i was screwed but it seems that they are just something i had never seen before. Now i've been playing since april of 2014 and i had never seen these culionimbus clouds. They apparently can show through the entirety of august. So if anyone ever sees them, don;t worry they're supposed to be there and will go away in time.

O____o Hmmm, never paid attention enough to notice...

They seem to be a normal event. Just very rare and random. I saved and continued my game and they went away.

Like these?
tumblr_naqsqblJoh1sh6qhgo1_400.jpg
It's totally normal, just a thing that happens occasionally. They're about as common as a rainbow, or the super orange sunsets that occasionally happen

Well i had ever seen them before or knew they existed in game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Maybe, but they freaked me out until i knew what they were.

Whoaaaa I've had my game for four years and I have never noticed that?? Very cool! Thanks for sharing :)

I've never seen these clouds in my game (maybe I just don't play at those times they appear) but I think they are really cute!

They are called "cumulonimbus clouds" and can randomly appear when the sky is blue in August between 9am and 3pm... Like others have said they are quite rare (and only happen during one month) which would explain why you had not previously noticed them! I love having them in my town as they are quite beautiful! :)

Back