• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Reproductive Health Equity Act

Do you support Oregon's new abortion expansion law?

• I'm pro-life. I would never support such a thing

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • No, but I am pro-choice.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Yes, but only citizens should be covered.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Yes, I support it by all means.

Votes: 27 67.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alolan_Apples

Apple Imperialist
Apple 🍎
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Not too long ago, the state of Oregon just enforced this abortion law. According to the Reproductive Health Equity Act, abortions are now free in Oregon, even when Americans still pay for their healthcare. But what's even crazier is that taxpayers have to pay for others abortions in Oregon. It also says that nobody should be denied abortions, regardless of income, citizenship status, or gender identity. That's right, citizenship status. It's legal for all reasons at any time too.

http://abcnews.com/Health/wireStory/oregon-governor-expands-abortion-reproductive-coverage-49236536

I know people who are pro-choice thinks abortion should be legal with little to no restrictions, but one thing I don't know is how much of the pro-choice population actually thinks abortions should be free, even to undocumented immigrants. So I'm here to ask for your opinions on this law. Even if you are pro-choice, do you support this law Oregon just passed, or are you not that extreme?

I'm just giving my opinion right here, and not going to repeat it. I am pro-life, and regardless of what form of healthcare you're getting, you still have to pay for your own, with or without the help of your insurance. And if you want healthcare in America, you have to be a citizen here, unless if you're traveling abroad just to get healthcare. So my answer to the poll question is no.

healthcare is a human right, abortion is a human right anyone should be able to get the healthcare they need no matter what their financial situation is.

that being said more states need it, that way the strain on oregon won't be as bad

Well....I don't support it. My family is against abortion because it's literally killing a human, but in cases that it's an emergency (like you got kidnapped) then I think this is okay. But immigrants? I dont think it's fair, since you said citizens who pay taxes have to pay for healthcare, and this is basically letting non-citizens get free healthcare.
I don't think it should be free to anyone. Most abortions is because of "accidents" that could of been easily prevented, and bad woman will probably abuse this. I don't like that, plus immigrants who can't do abortion can use this as their little ticket to it, and again abusing it, without even paying a bit. I think they should of thought over this more, at least make it not free!

And really, what happened to all this "Donald trump banning abortion" stuff? (I'm Canadian where all healthcare is free so please don't call me an idiot or something lol)

- - - Post Merge - - -

healthcare is a human right, abortion is a human right anyone should be able to get the healthcare they need no matter what their financial situation is.

that being said more states need it, that way the strain on oregon won't be as bad
I agree with healthcare being available to all despite financial status, but when it comes to abortion (which is bad) it shouldn't be very fair, otherwise woman are gonna keep doing it.

Well....I don't support it. My family is against abortion because it's literally killing a human, but in cases that it's an emergency (like you got kidnapped) then I think this is okay. But immigrants? I dont think it's fair, since you said citizens who pay taxes have to pay for healthcare, and this is basically letting non-citizens get free healthcare.
I don't think it should be free to anyone. Most abortions is because of "accidents" that could of been easily prevented, and bad woman will probably abuse this. I don't like that, plus immigrants who can't do abortion can use this as their little ticket to it, and again abusing it, without even paying a bit. I think they should of thought over this more, at least make it not free!

And really, what happened to all this "Donald trump banning abortion" stuff? (I'm Canadian where all healthcare is free so please don't call me an idiot or something lol)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I agree with healthcare being available to all despite financial status, but when it comes to abortion (which is bad) it shouldn't be very fair, otherwise woman are gonna keep doing it.

abortion is always going to happen and it's always going to be needed lol

An interesting fact is that even if abortions are free to undocumented immigrants in Oregon, most of the undocumented immigrants come from a culture where religion plays a large role. So they probably won't use it either.

I don't like this idea. I don't mind the idea of abortions being free under extreme circumstances, but the fact that the state's wants to use hardworking American's tax dollars to pay for some random person's murder of an unborn child is absolutely ridiculous. Especially when that random person is someone who isn't even a legal citizen. That's just messed up.

Healthcare is a service/good. Not a right. You don't have a right to someone else's labor. You can participate in a voluntary exchange, such as using money to purchase it though.

And how is ~Unicorn~ ruining people's lives? Where did you pull that from?

Healthcare is a service/good. Not a right. You don't have a right to someone else's labor. You can participate in a voluntary exchange, such as using money to purchase it though.

healthcare is a right lmao what's up with american ppl yelling about gun rights but basic healthcare isn't a human right lmao ok

doctors arent forced to treat people and not get paid lol they get paid by the government so people dont have to choose between paying their bills or going to the hospital.
people who oppose abortions do ruin people's lives. having an unwanted baby can definitely ruin your life lol w/ job, money, dream, freedom, whatever. mot everyone wants or can take care of a baby and forcing someone to keep an embryo or fetus or whatever the term is is a violation of their rights to decide over their own body. if you don't want an abortion don't get one but don't make it harder for others to get one.

a blobby almost human isnt more important than a pregnant person lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't like this idea. I don't mind the idea of abortions being free under extreme circumstances, but the fact that the state's wants to use hardworking American's tax dollars to pay for some random person's murder of an unborn child is absolutely ridiculous. Especially when that random person is someone who isn't even a legal citizen. That's just messed up.
oh wow i have something terrible to tell u about the military my dude

healthcare is a right lmao what's up with american ppl yelling about gun rights but basic healthcare isn't a human right lmao ok

doctors arent forced to treat people and not get paid lol they get paid by the government so people dont have to choose between paying their bills or going to the hospital.
people who oppose abortions do ruin people's lives. having an unwanted baby can definitely ruin your life lol w/ job, money, dream, freedom, whatever. mot everyone wants or can take care of a baby and forcing someone to keep an embryo or fetus or whatever the term is is a violation of their rights to decide over their own body. if you don't want an abortion don't get one but don't make it harder for others to get one.

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh wow i have something terrible to tell u about the military my dude

That's strange, I didn't hear anyone yelling about gun rights vs healthcare. That might just be in your head.

And they do get paid, yes, but not by your god the government. How does the government get revenue? By taxing its citizens. Please tell me why I should have to pay for someone else's medical treatment? Especially if I am against abortion?

By the way, I'm pretty sure the military doesn't go around killing unborn babies, if that's what you were inferring.

Well if they had control over becoming pregnant or not, then it's their fault that "their life is ruined". Even if it's a fetus, even if it's not born it, its still a human being. You're still killing a person. Too bad if you accidentally get pregnant, shouldn't of done things to cause it :lemon: it was under your control!
It shows you're completely fine with murdering people if you're fine with abortion. And that you respect bad women.

However, if it was a bad emergency cause like I said above that you had no control over it, that's a different story, but still should be paid for.

I forgot to mention that it was an awesome way of you trying to shut down ~Unicorn~'s argument by telling he/she that they ruin people's lives. I don't know ~Unicorn~ all that well, but I guarantee you he/she isn't like that.

I forgot to mention that it was an awesome way of you trying to shut down ~Unicorn~'s argument by telling he/she that they ruin people's lives. I don't know ~Unicorn~ all that well, but I guarantee you he/she isn't like that.

Yeah :p but it's their opinion, and it's all "freedom of speech" in America so let them run free with it

The correct answer is extreme passion over opinions, which I see from visibleghost. You see, he is polarized on the left wing views. Usually, people who are very passionate about their views on one issue couldn't get along with people that disagree with them. I don't think ~Unicorn~ is ruining peoples' lives for being pro-life, but the internet is full of uncivil people when it comes to handling opinions in general. Not just politics or current events, but also over movies, books, video games, tv shows (especially cartoons like Total Drama Island).

I appear to be very right-winged on almost every issue, yet I do have respect for the left wingers who couldn't agree. Just not the ones who couldn't get along with those that disagree. I wouldn't have a problem if you voted for the fourth option (I voted the first one). Just attacking others or their opinions is not okay.

yeah whatever im done w this thread bc i'll get banned ir whatever if i keep posting

hm youre right the military murders actual human beings lol i guess that's not nearly as bad as aborting an embryo/fetus w/o conciousness or feelings or whatever

- - - Post Merge - - -

The correct answer is extreme passion over opinions, which I see from visibleghost. You see, he is polarized on the left wing views. Usually, people who are very passionate about their views on one issue couldn't get along with people that disagree with them. I don't think ~Unicorn~ is ruining peoples' lives for being pro-life, but the internet is full of uncivil people when it comes to handling opinions in general. Not just politics or current events, but also over movies, books, video games, tv shows (especially cartoons like Total Drama Island).

I appear to be very right-winged on almost every issue, yet I do have respect for the left wingers who couldn't agree. Just not the ones who couldn't get along with those that disagree. I wouldn't have a problem if you voted for the fourth option (I voted the first one). Just attacking others or their opinions is not okay.

im not attacking anyone i just said that people who stop others from getting abortions ruin lives.

Last edited:
yeah whatever im done w this thread bc i'll get banned ir whatever if i keep posting

hm youre right the military murders actual human beings lol i guess that's not nearly as bad as aborting an embryo/fetus w/o conciousness or feelings or whatever

- - - Post Merge - - -

im not attacking anyone i just said that people who stop others from getting abortions ruin lives.

•mur?der
ˈmərdər
noun
the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

•kill
kil
verb
cause the death of (a person, animal, or other living thing).

You probably think murder and kill are synonyms (that means they're the same in case you didn't know!) but there's actually a difference. Can you spot the difference? These definitions are straight from Google!

In case you couldn't, murder is killing someone in cold blood. It's illegal. Now, if you kill someone who is trying to murder you, that's completely different. You were acting in self defense. You were protecting yourself.

I think that's enough of a language lesson for the moment.

And yes, you were attacking ~Unicorn~ by specifically telling her that she ruins lives because she had the nerve to disagree with you.

So there are five votes "pro-life". What I wish to see is if there are actually any pro-choicers that are against Oregon's new law. Because even if they think abortion is a right, I don't think they would even support a law this extreme.

I'm against both extremes on every issue, even abortion.

I think abortion is the only ethic that I have trouble deciding on how I feel about.

As a man, I feel like it shouldn't be up to me or any other man what women want to do with their bodies. Only women should have that say.

The only thing that I can really say is that I think people should be discouraged from getting pregnant in the first place. Of course, it's different if you were raped or something like that, but if you don't use protection, I hope people don't start getting reckless about it and thinking "oh, if I get pregnant I'll just get a quick, easy abortion".

The only thing that I can really say is that I think people should be discouraged from getting pregnant in the first place. Of course, it's different if you were raped or something like that, but if you don't use protection, I hope people don't start getting reckless about it and thinking "oh, if I get pregnant I'll just get a quick, easy abortion".

^quite what I am saying lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back