Reproductive Health Equity Act

Do you support Oregon's new abortion expansion law?

• I'm pro-life. I would never support such a thing

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • No, but I am pro-choice.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Yes, but only citizens should be covered.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Yes, I support it by all means.

Votes: 27 67.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the contrary, it makes perfect sense that illegal immigrants wouldn't get free healthcare. And do you know why? If you want to have the same citizenship rights as everyone else (financial aid, voting, food stamps, medicaid etc), you have to be a citizen. Now if they are traveling abroad and need healthcare, whether or not they are going for healthcare or tourism, but need healthcare, that's a different story. But if you're not a citizen of the United States, you shouldn't even live here. Unless if you want to sign up for amnesty, then that wouldn't be a problem. But we shouldn't have people crossing the borders or the seas illegally just to get free stuff.

Buddy no matter how you twist it, it makes 0 sense to call yourself "pro-life" and then pick and choose which lives you actually care about.

I don't care if someone hopped a gate, snuck on a plane, or swam across the freaking ocean. If your life's in danger you deserve to be helped. End of story.

Editing this 'cause honestly, your life doesn't even need to be in danger. You still deserve help & to be treated like a human being.

Last edited:
I hadn't realized that crossing the seas to escape war and risk of death for the safety of their own lives and their BORN children's lives was such a crime.

Think about what you say for a moment.

Okay, if you want to know why I am out of touch with the rest of you guys, it's because I don't appeal to ethics. I appeal to morals. I see that most of you supported Oregon's abortion law, even for illegal immigrants, for ethical reasons. To me, I felt that Oregon's abortion law was one of the most extreme laws I've seen come from the left wing. To those that agree that human life begins at conception, Oregon's law sounds like they're letting people commit murder, for free. And taxpayers have to pay for it. I felt that this is immoral. The whole immigration issue, I only support legal immigration. Illegal immigration is immoral. You see, I put morals in front of ethics, economic rights in front of invidual rights, and traditional values in front of modern values. That's why I can never agree with most of you. I like how you're voicing your opinions and staying civil, but my sense of morals, economic rights, and traditional values outweigh the rest. I would avoid both extremes as well, but I'm naturally right-winged. That means I can only go so far on the ethics, but at least enough to cover the more serious issues.

And I know you guys will say that we are wrong to shove our morals down others' throats, but we don't like to be forced to violate our morals either.

But if there is any defense for pro-choicers I can give, there's a couple, but one thing I can say is that the pro-life Republicans are hypocrites. They don't want women having abortions for religious issues, yet they make lies and defend them, when the 9th commandment of the Ten Commandments forbids lying. So if they want to prevent women from having abortions except for serious reasons, they should also stop lying to others. The Democrats lie too, but that's not necessarily making them hypocrites since they aren't supporting some social issues for moral reasons either.

Last edited:
Serious question; I see the "murder" argument a LOT in these conversations so I just really wanna ask because I'm super curious,
Where did this originate? Like, why do you think life is begun at conception? Does it have anything to do with your religious beliefs?
Again, just really curious what your guys' thoughts are- no offense intended.

Serious question; I see the "murder" argument a LOT in these conversations so I just really wanna ask because I'm super curious,
Where did this originate? Like, why do you think life is begun at conception? Does it have anything to do with your religious beliefs?
Again, just really curious what your guys' thoughts are- no offense intended.

That's been going on for centuries. And yes, it was related to religion.

Somehow, I'm not getting any additional support after a few friends agreed with me before that documentary. But I got what I wanted from this thread. Not sure how the poll reflects society as a whole, but I can conclude that despite how extreme Oregon's abortion law is, those who are pro-choice typically agrees with Oregon's new law. Even when it's allowing illegal immigrants to get free abortions when the reasons are to get away with having a child, the child is the wrong sex, or aren't ready to take care of children. Before I created this thread, I thought this was something so extreme that not even pro-choicers would actually agree with. And it's true that there are pro-choicers that are against this too, but it seems like that the only people that would oppose this legislation are those who identify as pro-life (ranging from moderate to extreme). Only they would think that Oregon's law is too extreme (it actually is, yet pro-choicers would support this for ethical reasons). But my concusion is only based on this poll. I'm not sure if pro-choicers actually even agree with this law, or if the poll options are skewered by age and generation. Judging by the demographic of this site, I can tell that most of you are overly open-minded. Even I wouldn't go that far.

That's been going on for centuries. And yes, it was related to religion.

Somehow, I'm not getting any additional support after a few friends agreed with me before that documentary. But I got what I wanted from this thread. Not sure how the poll reflects society as a whole, but I can conclude that despite how extreme Oregon's abortion law is, those who are pro-choice typically agrees with Oregon's new law. Even when it's allowing illegal immigrants to get free abortions when the reasons are to get away with having a child, the child is the wrong sex, or aren't ready to take care of children. Before I created this thread, I thought this was something so extreme that not even pro-choicers would actually agree with. And it's true that there are pro-choicers that are against this too, but it seems like that the only people that would oppose this legislation are those who identify as pro-life (ranging from moderate to extreme). Only they would think that Oregon's law is too extreme (it actually is, yet pro-choicers would support this for ethical reasons). But my concusion is only based on this poll. I'm not sure if pro-choicers actually even agree with this law, or if the poll options are skewered by age and generation. Judging by the demographic of this site, I can tell that most of you are overly open-minded. Even I wouldn't go that far.

Yes, you got what you want, and the argument should finish now. I feel like some people can freely say things to me just because I'm young and I disagree, but it's my opinion on this so I don't know why I apparently can't share an opinion because I'm younger?

But we should stop before this gets any worse. Still love you all despite opinions, bye ❤️❤️

Last edited:
Yes, you got what you want, and the argument should finish now. I feel like some people can freely say things to me just because I'm young and I disagree, but it's my opinion on this so I don't know why I apparently can't share an opinion because I'm younger?

But we should stop before this gets any worse. Still love you all despite opinions, bye ❤️❤️

Wanna get the thread closed? Cause I think it is the time. Not trying to shut off others from voicing their opinions, but my goal was met here.

Didn't realize that illegal immigrants are also human beings was such a progressive and "overly open minded" idea. Yikes.

Last edited:
@Alolan_Apples idk what you got from this other then back and forth bickering with likely teenagers and then saying it reflects society but w/e

@Alolan_Apples idk what you got from this other then back and forth bickering with likely teenagers and then saying it reflects society but w/e

I don't even know why this turned into a war instead of just nice opinion sharing. But hey, I made a new friend at least :)

I don't even know why this turned into a war instead of just nice opinion sharing. But hey, I made a new friend at least :)

"Nice opinion sharing" lololololol I don't think u've ever done a political thread on tbt before now

Didn't realize that illegal immigrants are also human beings was such a progressive and "overly open minded" idea. Yikes.

I didn't mean to say that illegal immigrants shouldn't have the basic human rights we do. I was trying to say that if they want to have the same citizen rights we do, they must be citizens, or at least sign up for amnesty since they aren't lost causes. As for whether healthcare is a basic human right or not, I agree with the few members that say that it's not a basic human right. But anyone can get healthcare, regardless of citizenship status. Just not free abortions, especially for trivial reasons. That's where I threw in the "overly open-minded" phrase.

Nope, not until now....well this was an interesting one :rolleyes:

Not to throw this thread off topic, but Ness is right. Last year, Brewster's Caf? was plagued with political discussions that didn't end well. They got so heated that mods had to keep locking them.

Not to throw this thread off topic, but Ness is right. Last year, Brewster's Caf? was plagued with political discussions that didn't end well. They got so heated that mods had to keep locking them.

Yes and we rly don't need that again.
Keep convos civil yall

At least it's not like that now....

Come on staff....lock this already!

I mean Alolan_Apples can close the thread though...??? They're OP.

I mean Alolan_Apples can close the thread though...??? They're OP.

It's not a trading thread. Only the mods and admins can close discussion threads. But I can report one of my posts to lock this thread. And I already did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back