In-game clothes

The_Storyteller

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Hi all!

So I'm finally getting over my resetting blues, and I'm really starting to enjoy my new town. It's slowly beginning to take shape, I had a minor victory the other day when Barold finally moved out, I'm laying my paths, planning PWPs and setting up my houses.

I've been trying to keep my custom design slots free for decorating my home, which leaves me with a problem - having to wear the in-game clothes instead of custom designs. At first I just thought, "ugh!" Everything is so ugly. But then I started browsing through what I actually had in my catalogue, and I ended up putting together an outfit that I think is pretty cute! I don't think I've been giving the clothes in-game enough credit.

I know most people prefer custom designs, but I have a new appreciation for poor, hard-working Sable! What do you guys think about the clothing options in New Leaf?

Nah I am very lazy to do my own custom clothes so I prefer mix and match the existing clothes and still end up looking cute!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ahh...btw I didn't wear much Sable clothes what I wore are mostly Gracie lol too rich so branded is a must

i use a lot of qr code clothing, but some of the in game clothes are cute!!! i think the overall dress is one of the cutest in game clothes. c:

I like some of the in game clothes and have it in my closet even though I never wear it. I do mainly use qr clothes lol.

Last edited:
Honestly, The same thing happened to me.
I used to only wear qr code clothes, but I found some really cute outfits!
It took me a while to get used to Sables clothes but I've come to quite like some of them too.

I only wear in-game clothes, mainly because I don't want to use all my slots for custom.

I do a lot of mix-and-match and have come up with some really cute outfits. Once you get past the idea that items from a set have to be/should be worn together, it gives you a lot of leeway. One of my favorite things is putting together outfits on my mannequins.

the in game clothes are meh...i prefer the ones made by other players currently my mayor is wearing a clothing scanned from a QR code and im loving it.

I think there are lots of cute options from the in-game clothes c:
I prefer dresses over shirtsXskirts though.

Also, I used to only wear QR outfits, but i *hate* that it takes up space in my pattern slots. I prefer to have my town beautiful, rather than the fabric my mayor is wearing. Though like i said, still a lot of options from sables c:

there are a lot of cute clothes that are already in-game but i mostly favor the dresses. im definitely not a shorts/t-shirt or pants/skirt person. i always end up switching for some reason. i do like a variety of the dresses they already have though!

I agree. Most of my closet is taken up with dresses, followed by shoes. I only have a few shirts, skirts, and I think maybe one pair of jeans. I do have a pretty good collection of umbrellas, though. I hate not being able to coordinate them with my outfit. lol

There are definitely some gems in there! Don't forget Gracie's as well. I love in-game clothes because they feel like actual articles of clothing that you can take on and off, so I keep a bunch on hand. But the customization feature is nifty too, and I like the fact that it makes me feel like I'm interacting with other players and some very creative people just by using their QR codes.

I wear the 'shirtdress'
The red riding dress is also really cute and simple.

On my old town I used to only wear the sweater dress.

I'm so glad so many of you are like me and appreciate those super cute outfits! It's like I've literally rediscovered ACNL, and I'm really excited! Even in my all male town, Kyes, I'm beginning to look at more of the in-game clothing options. I was literally just ignoring the entire clothing section of my catalogue (except for shoes and umbrellas) but now I'm having fun trying out different combos.

My current fav is the toga, red boat shoes and red ribbon.

I am currently wearing this super cute dress I found today at Gracie's:

DHjzGFkUIAE_7MA.jpg

Sable has some real cool stuff too! Also, Sanrio clothing! :)

I like a lot of in-game clothes. I think some of the sweaters are really nice, and I like to pair them up with skirts.

I love Gracie clothes and accesories. I don't really bother with clothes patterns since I don't care about clothes that much.

I switch between both depending on what I'm feeling on that day, there are some cute outfits if you look hard enough.I really like the overall dress. you also can mix and match pieces. But i do like qr codes too, i mostly use them but it gets kind of annoying since I only have one slot for it because I have paths. so if I'm lazy ill just grab something from my storage.

We need more custom design slots!!!

I'm always wearing dresses that I make. Sometimes I wear in-game dresses though but not much

Back